IGNORED

Hey a fundie girl finally blames the man

doggie

Looks like it is blame the boyfriend for all my isues time and show how good a person sara is book. I guess this really shows the lack of class the pains show the world. really reminds me of white trash for the most part.

Bristol Palin calls her ex 'the gnat' in new book

NEW YORK (AP) - Bristol Palin writes in her new book of losing her virginity to boyfriend Levi Johnston on a camping trip after getting drunk for the first time on too many wine coolers.

She awoke in her tent, alone, with no memories of what had happened as Johnston "talked with his friends on the other side of the canvas." She had vowed to wait until marriage. And she had lied to her parents about where she was going.

Palin, a 20-year-old single mother and the daughter of former Alaska Republican Gov. Sarah Palin, tells a story of "deception and disappointment" in the book, "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far."

The memoir, co-written with Nancy French, is scheduled for publication by William Morrow next week. The Associated Press purchased a copy Friday.

Palin's book covers growing up with her family, which she portrays affectionately, and the excitement of her mother's political life as governor and then, in 2008, as the Republican vice presidential candidate. But the main theme is her on-and-off-again relationship with Johnston, with whom she had a child and was briefly engaged while caught in a media spotlight.

She blasts him as "the gnat named Levi Johnston constantly spreading false accusations against our family" and calls him a self-involved slacker "who cheated on me about as frequently as he sharpened his hockey skates."

But Palin, self-described as a good girl and straight-A student, had been drawn to him and his bad-boy manner from the time they met in seventh grade.

When she confronted him about their sexual encounter, he said what she wanted to hear: They wouldn't do it again until they were married.

It didn't work out that way, though Palin notes that when she got pregnant she was on birth control pills prescribed to treat her cramps. Only by the eighth home pregnancy test, she writes, was she convinced of the positive results.

When she told her parents, they were accepting, not condemning, she writes, and focused on the future, particularly her continuing education.

Johnston's reaction wasn't so reassuring: "Better be a (bleeping) boy," he declared.

Palin writes of being awakened early one morning in August 2008 by her father, Todd Palin. He gathered the kids, collected their cellphones and announced they were going on a surprise trip.

The destination was Dayton, Ohio, where, the next day, Arizona's U.S. Sen. John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, introduced his vice presidential pick and her family to the world.

By then, Sarah and Todd Palin knew their daughter was expecting. The public found out during the Republican convention, when Sarah Palin was shocked to see a TV network carrying an unapproved message from her commenting on it.

The entire family, along with Johnston, appeared at the convention.

Bristol Palin writes that, in her mind, being there on display with Johnston "somehow legitimized us as a couple."

But soon after Tripp's birth in December 2008, Palin writes that she found a text on Johnston's cellphone that revealed he had been cheating on her again. He confessed and left the family's house.

They reconciled one more time 18 months later. Johnston presented her with a ring, and they decided to sell the story of their engagement to Us Weekly magazine. But by the time the story appeared, they had split for good. Johnston had informed her he had gotten another woman pregnant.

"I'd just made a complete fool of myself and given my family the middle finger," Palin writes of hearing the news.

Johnston cashed in on his newfound fame in ways Palin found appalling. Her reaction to learning that her son's father had posed nude for Playgirl: "Puke!"

But Palin's unsought celebrity brought her opportunities, too. Last fall, she competed on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," where, she writes, as each week passed and she survived her rivals "got a little colder."

In her book, Palin describes herself as "just a normal girl who couldn't hide her problems and learned a few lessons along the way."

She has since emerged as a spokeswoman working to prevent teen pregnancy, earning thousands of dollars, which she doesn't discuss in the book. In addition, the Bio Channel has announced a reality series in which she will star.

Meanwhile, Johnston, who has feuded often with the Palins, has promised to set the record straight in his own book, "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs." It's scheduled for publication this fall.

Oh please. Blaming the guy because she was drawn to a 'bad boy?' How is that taking responsibility? Bristol is dumber than her mother.

I remember facebook photos of Bristol chugging down booze and hanging out with a bunch of wild boys. I don't think Levi was the bad guy in that relationship. I also remember seeing some facebook photos of Track before he enlisted. He was also wild.

I don't think we have to choose a bad guy in that relationship. They both suck. Though generally acknowledging Levi's suckitutde, I do have slightly more sympathy for him b/c I have no doubt that the Palins used him for what they wanted and made his life deeply unpleasant when he refused to capitulate. Why anyone in their right mind thinks that Bristol Palin is worth paying money to is beyond me.

Ugh. You see, now I'm on Levi's side. Before, I was neutral, but Bristol has now changed my mind. How about taking responsibility for your own mistakes sweetheart. It takes two to tango. She might have been able to pass off being taken advantage of the first time when she was drunk, but that's not when she conceived. She then went ahead and slept with him again. Multiple times. She has no one to blame but herself for her pregnancy.

I'm also of the opinion that the Palins used Levi for their own selfish purposes and then cast him aside when he was no longer useful and wouldn't follow the party line. After which, she tried to deny him access to his child even though he was paying support. Unless he was abusing the boy, he has the right to see his son and his son has the right to see his father. Time to grow up Bristol and do what's in the best interest of your child. And writing a scathing tell all book about his father isn't in his best interest.

What I think it all boils down to is that Bristol is young and immature and because of who her mother is, she thinks she's entitled to things she isn't. Hopefully, a little more life experience will make her a wiser person. Unfortunately, she can't undo the damage she's already done to her son.

I am sorry, but I don't buy one word of that book. It's just too convenient - it sounds like it was written buy a Palin campaign aide, basically.

Also, date rape is serious fucking business. I don't believe she was date raped for one second. Thanks a lot for raising awareness and credibility for its actual victims, fuckface.

I wish that the author of that article would stop talking about her "writing" that she did X or Y. No, she didn't. Come on. She told her cowriter some vague stuff and the cowriter turned that into the drivel of "he cheated on me about as often as he sharpened his hockey skates."

I don't think that sentence is impressive, but I think similes are beyond Bristol's ability.

I hope that Johnston sues her til kingdom come for what she says in that book.

She's as classy as her mother.

It's been said many times before, but bears repeating in light of this: How would the conservatives have treated this mess if the Palins were immigrants, people of color, liberals, etc.? The hypocrisy never fails to amaze.

Isn't Levi Johnston the guy Bristol Palin was engaged to marry when her embarrassed mother was still on the campaign trail? (And then again in 2010?)

But now not only is Johnston a bad, bad man, but he's also the Prince of Darkness as a sideline - alleged date rape, cheating, lying, and so on. Maybe - and maybe Bristol stayed with her boyfriend, even despite his alleged misdeeds, because she was young and naive and eventually the object of Team McCain's political machinations. That's actually possible.

But now that Bristol Palin is older and presumably free of both sentimentality and the need to form a political marriage, it's good to see she's calling for an investigation. Wait, no…

But the Tell-All "memoire" where it sounds like Sarah Palin is whitewashed and Levi Johnston is relegated to the role of Dark Lord – well that’s so much like actual justice that most mortals couldn't tell the difference (snerk).

Then:

She has since emerged as a spokeswoman working to prevent teen pregnancy...

Yeah, what? She's 20 years old, and was a teen mother a mere three years ago - and now she is being paid to lecture on abstinence? "Don't do as I did, nominally-younger audience members, or else you too may be in line for mega-bucks by selling yourself to the media. Or you'll just end up poor and alone, because your mother doesn't happen to be an inexplicably successful half-term hypocrite. So, where was I? Oh, yeah; buy my book."

The only person she should avoid more than her mother is her publicist.

It's hard for me to take allegations of date-rape seriously when the 'victim' continued to have consensual sex with the 'rapist' for several years afterwards, agreed to marry him (twice!), and only cried "Rape!" after a very public break-up. It may happen that way on occasion, but this girl had plenty of other options. "My daughter was raped!" would have gone over much better with voters than "My daughter is proof of my own idiocy, but it's ok, because I'm making her marry the babydaddy", and I have no doubt Sarah Palin would have gone that route if she'd thought there was a shred of truth to it.

Guest Anonymous
Isn't Levi Johnston the guy Bristol Palin was engaged to marry when her embarrassed mother was still on the campaign trail? (And then again in 2010?)

But now not only is Johnston a bad, bad man, but he's also the Prince of Darkness as a sideline - alleged date rape, cheating, lying, and so on. Maybe - and maybe Bristol stayed with her boyfriend, even despite his alleged misdeeds, because she was young and naive and eventually the object of Team McCain's political machinations. That's actually possible.

But now that Bristol Palin is older and presumably free of both sentimentality and the need to form a political marriage, it's good to see she's calling for an investigation. Wait, no…

But the Tell-All "memoire" where it sounds like Sarah Palin is whitewashed and Levi Johnston is relegated to the role of Dark Lord – well that’s so much like actual justice that most mortals couldn't tell the difference (snerk).

Then:

Yeah, what? She's 20 years old, and was a teen mother a mere three years ago - and now she is being paid to lecture on abstinence? "Don't do as I did, nominally-younger audience members, or else you too may be in line for mega-bucks by selling yourself to the media. Or you'll just end up poor and alone, because your mother doesn't happen to be an inexplicably successful half-term hypocrite. So, where was I? Oh, yeah; buy my book."

The only person she should avoid more than her mother is her publicist.

There are any number of Dark Lords he could be, should he go that route:

Sauron, Voldemort, Darth Vader

I am really hesitant to talk about doubting any allegations of rape. Yes, the woman in question has reasons to sling shit, but that doesn't mean it somehow magically couldn't be true. Many, many women stay with their rapists after the fact.

And the credibility of rape is rarely injured by false allegations. How many false allegations do you hear about? And yet, pretty much every single rape in the public eye has hoardes of people saying "Nah, she's fakin' it." (Even if YOU, personally, have actually heard about quite a few false allegations, I can assure you the vast majority of people who treat every report with scepticism have not.) When someone makes up a mugging, it doesn't get reported as a scandal, countries don't get outraged about the lie, and you don't hear "This is why people never believe someone when they say they were mugged!" six thousand times.

I am really hesitant to talk about doubting any allegations of rape. Yes, the woman in question has reasons to sling shit, but that doesn't mean it somehow magically couldn't be true. Many, many women stay with their rapists after the fact....quote]

I agree with you. A person might stay with her rapist for a lot of reasons, maybe even so she can initially deny it's rape (as a form of psychological self-protection). That isn't what makes Bristol Palin an ass; it’s practically everything else she says and does.

I didn't say it couldn't be true - just that it casts the whole thing into doubt. Some women may choose to stay with their rapists, particularly if they don't have a lot of other options, but they destroy any chance of later allegations being taken seriously by doing so. The fact is, she wanted to marry him and raise her child with him as recently as a year ago; she's either lying, or such a horrible mother that she wanted her child to be raised by a rapist.

I thought it was REAL classy and a show of great parenting for her to call her child's father a "gnat" in a book. This kid has 2 parents and always will, he has the right to form a relationship and an opinion of his dad.

My ex is a sociopath and has completely abandoned my disabled kid (hasn't seen him or called in over 3 years), and I never say anything bad about him to or in front of my son. He worships his dad and think he walks on water, and I respect that. Anytime he brings up his dad I always talk positively.

I just think its wrong to bring kids into the ugliness that adults always seem to find themselves in.

I don't consider Bristol Palin a fundie. I consider her a lying opportunist, just like her mother. If wicca were the politically expedient choice, they'd be the most public coven members ever.

I remember when they were first "engaged" and I told my mom "She should NOT marry him. I can tell he's a douche. I just don't think they are even going to get married." And I was right, ha.

I think they both suck. I hope their baby will somehow turn out better.

I'm just disappointed that my own mother wasn't a big mouth politician. By the age of 20, the total mess I'd made of my life, through my own choices and actions, would have made a great book and earned me enough money to live and get myself out of some of the messes I'd made.

Instead, I was born to a family without political ambitions and no means or desire for power or to become famous and make money, so I had to do it the hard way and learn from my mistakes and move on. I also had a liberal mother who took me for my first exam to get birth control when I asked because she believed better safe than a a teen mom and alas, we couldn't play up the 'say one thing do another' bit and make money off failed sex education within the family.

No 20 year old has any business writing memoirs.

the whole abistiance thing and that means no bc. but here you go using bc incorrectly. and the whole party animal thing does not show any control in that family. The family is about making money and this book is a good example of that. never of the woman could write a book no less three of them in so few years. the hole thing is geared towards profit and not fact.

everything the pains do is to make money and not truth.

I'm not going to slam the girl, I sure as hell would not want to the be the teenage daughter ( or the boyfriend of said teenage daughter ) of Sarah Palin or any other high level ( or any level, for that matter) politico. And I know that teenage boys these days have high percentage of being asswipes, from my own daughter's experience. Frankly, I wouldn't want HER relationships in the public eye complete with tell all books... because the public will take one side or the other, yell " lying whore" or "cheating bastard" and throw popcorn, till the next sideshow comes along. It's just not healthy.

It's just a shame, and I hope she and her kid can get out of the public eye before much more time elapses, but I'm sure they wont'

Nobody would give a crap if her mother wasn't who she was, except their closest friends.

Wait a minute. Bristol got drunk on wine coolers and got pregnant the first time she had sex with some jerky bad boy. So, Bristol is Quinn Fabray?

• 3 years later...

CNN.com says that Bristol Palin has become engaged to 2011 Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer. "Truly the luckiest girl in the world, cannot wait to marry this man!!!!" she said. She sounds EXACTLY like Jessa!

Archived