IGNORED

Rachel Maddow interviews Frothy

JMarie

What was he thinking when he agreed to this?

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/maddow--santorum-go-head-to-head-on-scotus-489847363973

(spoiler alert: he doesn't like the Supreme Court)

First off, :clap: he actually knows about the system of checks and balances.

Second, really, Santorum? Kennedy didn't use any legal arguments for allowing same-sex marriage? Because I seem to remember the Due Process Clause and Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment coming up. Which, IIRC, were the same clauses used in Loving v. Virginia that "created a new right in the Constitution" for interracial marriage. Santorum, did you even read the arguments? It's not created out of "whole cloth." Also, yes, the ideas of liberty have changed throughout time or else things like slavery or segregation would still be legal.

"Congress's job is to pressure the Supreme Court to get it right." :think: I don't remember that in the Constitution.

ETA: I looked up why he's called Frothy. :brain-bleach:

It used to be that googling him, the top result was hilarious. Now it seems that his campaign has sorted the google issue and that although its there, the original website is not, and its no longer the top result :doh:

I admire her self-restraint. You know that as a LGBT person herself, she's the one he's comparing to "man-on-dog" and "man-on-child". If I were in her place, I would have punched him.

Every time someone says something like that about LGBT people as a whole, they mean it as against LGBT individuals. So yes, I take it personally.

Archived