IGNORED

Fundie gives birth in car

NotALoserLikeYou

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the video of the woman giving birth in the car. It's been in the news and social media.

nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-texas-woman-giving-birth-en-route-hospital-article-1.2296554

I saw a pic of them and thought, wow she looks young. So I googled around and she was homeschooled in ATI. Her moms facebook is very public. She thanks Gothard and all of the conferences for influencing her life. Talks about her kids saving their first kiss for marriage. The one who gave birth, lesia, is one of many kids. I lost count. Lesia's husband is the son of a baptist minister. They were in church two days after the birth. Anyhow, she got married at 18 in 2012 and this is her THIRD child already.

It's a lovely video though. I wish the dad had pulled over!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Moms facebook talked about how she couldn't see her daughter after she got married. Apparently she upset the husband and he told his new 18yo wife she couldn't see or even talk to her mom or family for ONE YEAR. So mom counted down the days until 8/29/13! So she missed the first Childs birth and everything. What a freaking nutcase.

Wow. Moms facebook talked about how she couldn't see her daughter after she got married. Apparently she upset the husband and he told his new 18yo wife she couldn't see or even talk to her mom or family for ONE YEAR. So mom counted down the days until 8/29/13! So she missed the first Childs birth and everything. What a freaking nutcase.

Oh, yuck. I've seen the video shared but hadn't taken the time to watch it yet. Now I don't want to watch because I don't want to listen to yet another controlling fundie jerk.

That is sick and abusive. If she were my child, I would not have accepted "oh, see you next year then, your husband is the boss". Id be right over there encouraging her to get a divorce.

Thanks for this information!! I didn't realize any of these. Like someone said above I was going to look for the video also & now I don't want to.

What an ass not allowing her to see or talk to her mother for a year.

At the rate she's going, she's going to out-procreate Michelle. Shudder...

He's not just an ass, he's an abuser. That's severe abusive behaviour, if what the mother is saying is true. And I can all but guarantee you that if that's public information, there is worse going on in private.

He's not just an ass, he's an abuser. That's severe abusive behaviour, if what the mother is saying is true. And I can all but guarantee you that if that's public information, there is worse going on in private.

Totally agree. Isolation is step one in the Abusive Son of a Bitch How To Guide.

And honestly? He can just thank his lucky fucking stars I am not that girl's mother, because as much as I plan to respect my children's boundaries/space/privacy, I WOULD NOT sit idly by while some dumbass wandered in and pulled shit like that.

It took my grandparents actually seeing the abuse first hand before they realized that my mom was being beaten by my father, and they were very close and saw each other daily. I will NEVER, as long as there is breath in my body, ever let it get to that point. When someone is setting your kid up for abuse, you damn well step in and do something- even if the "kid" is an adult.

Maybe because I read this thread first, but that video struck me as abusive (imo). While some people are better in emergencies than others, I do NOT understand sitting calmly next to your birthing wife while driving AND recording the events. Most men would have either pulled the car over to help her or called 911. Who calmly keeps right on driving AND recording the events? (Never mind that driving and using a cell phone/camera/whatever is probably illegal and definitely dangerous). ETA: It struck me as abusive because he seemed to offer no comfort, no assistance, no anything.

I just finished watching the video...

...so he kept on driving while his wife who was having A BABY and screaming in pain and fear?? And how could he stay so relaxed??? There is something really off with this guy.

Just watched the video...is he completely insane???? :evil:

He barely slows down, much less stop and CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE. He doesn't really interact with her and he doesn't touch her (other than to give her a half hearted high five :evil-eye: ), and he doesn't touch the baby at all. Just keeps driving and ponders whether he'll have to pay for the birthing center. :angry-banghead:

He barely slows down, much less stop and CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE. He doesn't really interact with her and he doesn't touch her (other than to give her a half hearted high five :evil-eye: ), and he doesn't touch the baby at all. Just keeps driving and ponders whether he'll have to pay for the birthing center. :angry-banghead:

He does eagerly paw her pants down. Watching that I get she was probably scared, but I'm sure she could have handled that part herself. Keep both hands on the wheel, dude.

The backstory here is awful. Thinking what it must be like to be eighteen and go through your first pregnancy and birth with some jerk forbidding you to see or talk to your mother... it makes me so sad.

Ohhh. I saw this video last week and did not know they were fundie but already had some issues with the husband: The high-five and "We" did it? Excuse me, no. She did it. She squeezed out a 10-lb baby in a moving car, you dingbat.

That stuff about cutting her off from her family is disgusting.

The husband immediately rubbed me the wrong way too. I got a pissed off feeling when he wanted to high five her. Also, she was so scared and asking him for help and he just acted arrogant saying "just love him." Umm...You don't understand what she is going through sir and you aren't trying to. :angry-banghead: I got annoyed.

The woman who gave birth:

facebook.com/Psalms23

Her mom:

facebook.com/evelyn.wimberley

I didn't read the whole fb obviously, because there is so much. I went back to 2012 looking for Lesia's wedding info or age. It's in 2012 mom posted the pic of her daughter that she was "loving from a distance" and then there's a post on it that I can find later on my computer. Also in 2012 the Gothard post. I believe she has six other kids and the daughters all start with an L.

This is one of the things that made me start googling. They said that neither of them have a cell phone! I thought no phone, going to a birth center, the kids name us Josiah, plus she looks like a teenager....this is some fundieesque shit right here! Saw her fb said "homeschooled." I honestly thought she would have been underage at marriage.

I have no idea what the mom did to piss off the husband. Mom is super religious herself. Everyone was commenting that it was ridiculous. The husband saying ok you're banned for a year, that terrified me. And she's the one who raised her daughter to submit and obey!

Wow, FJ really does find out everything. NotALoser, I didn't watch the video but if I had, I'm sure my thought process would've followed yours. We could probably all get specializations in Fundies, at this point!

I'm glad mother and baby are well. Though I don't doubt the husband was unsupportive during the birth, I wonder if there is anything the mother did to set him off, or if it was simply a clash. Her FB rubbed me as someone who was very much enjoying her 15 minutes.

Maybe because I read this thread first, but that video struck me as abusive (imo). While some people are better in emergencies than others, I do NOT understand sitting calmly next to your birthing wife while driving AND recording the events. Most men would have either pulled the car over to help her or called 911. Who calmly keeps right on driving AND recording the events? (Never mind that driving and using a cell phone/camera/whatever is probably illegal and definitely dangerous). ETA: It struck me as abusive because he seemed to offer no comfort, no assistance, no anything.

I agree, I thought he seemed abusive in the way that he offered no comfort or assistance, and that he didn't care enough to call 911 to let them know their wife was in full labor. Even if the baby arrives before an ambulance does and the dad is the one to catch the baby, the mother and child can still get to a hospital for a full checkup. I would say that even if someone is abusive to his wife, he would at least pull over and be ready to catch if necessary. The sad thing is that she was banned from seeing her mother for a year, so she missed that support when she had her first child. As that was on a public Facebook page, I hate to think of what goes on in private, since it's usually worse.

I am uneasy about the mother after reading her FB, but I am even more uneasy about the husband.

I know one thing for sure- if some young know it all came along and tried to isolate my kid from her family like that, he'd have his hands full. I never want to be "that MIL", but I'd be someone's worst damn nightmare if they were mistreating my kid.

The backstory here is awful. Thinking what it must be like to be eighteen and go through your first pregnancy and birth with some jerk forbidding you to see or talk to your mother... it makes me so sad.

Agree very sad!!

After scrolling through the mom's page one daughter has 7 kids and they look like they are close in age and another don or daughter has 4. They are well on their way to having quite a large brood themselves.

At least they all had their priorities straight and managed to make and post a video.

ETA: Doesn't Gothard give bonus soul points when women have dangerous deliveries? Only thing better than an unassisted home birth, is unassisted in the car.

Archived