IGNORED

Fundie gives birth in car

NotALoserLikeYou

I saw this on facebook last week and instantly thought the husband was a real jerk for not pulling over and helping her. The comments, however, were full of people praising him for staying "cool" through it all. Thank goodness my fellow FJ members have reassured me that I'm not crazy. He really is an abusive jerk.

I can't wait for him to realize he's made it to this forum.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the post where the mother announced that she couldn't see her daughter for a year but I can't find anything about what she did to set the asshole off. It doesn't sound like it was the first time she had been denied communication with her daughter.

ETA pic in case anyone wants to skip the search a2d63643b84a19b81846c9ada80927e9.jpg

I saw this on facebook last week and instantly thought the husband was a real jerk for not pulling over and helping her. The comments, however, were full of people praising him for staying "cool" through it all. Thank goodness my fellow FJ members have reassured me that I'm not crazy. He really is an abusive jerk.

There's a really big difference between remaining calm/cool and being detached/disconnected. He seemed more the latter, and I think that's what is bugging me so much.

He's not just an ass, he's an abuser. That's severe abusive behaviour, if what the mother is saying is true. And I can all but guarantee you that if that's public information, there is worse going on in private.

IKR! That's some Cupboard Man level of isolation right there.

Babies...especially brand new babies. ..like/need to be kept warm. I wish they would've had the presence of mind to at least wrap the baby in his dad's shirt to keep him warm! Honestly, THAT bothered me more than anything.

I don't think he is going to be happy to discover a bunch of women calling him an abusive asshole. I foresee his MIL getting all the blame. Fundie Friday?

I just noticed the pic of them cutting their wedding cake. They look like 2 kids playing dress up and she's wearing a black dress (?).

I don't think he is going to be happy to discover a bunch of women calling him an abusive asshole. I foresee his MIL getting all the blame. Fundie Friday?

I just noticed the pic of them cutting their wedding cake. They look like 2 kids playing dress up and she's wearing a black dress (?).

Yeah it's strange because there are also outdoor pics of her in a strapless wedding dress

Yeah it's strange because there are also outdoor pics of her in a strapless wedding dress

I found a post on the mom's page referencing the mini skirts that she used to wear so late to fundie hell?

Agree he is a jerk but pulling over on the Beltway 8 is impossible in some areas.

A couple people on GOMI said the same thing. This story was briefly discussed on The Feminist Breeder's thread.

Agree he is a jerk but pulling over on the Beltway 8 is impossible in some areas.

Exactly, Beltway 8 is parking lot for several hours of the day. Even if they did pull aside and call an ambulance, it could be an hour before the EMTs could reach them.

The real mystery is: who owns a GoPro and not a cell phone?

I saw a video and the GoPro camera he used to film the birth was stationary in the car. He was not holding it, he was driving for all he was worth.

This does not mean they are happy and normal. I don't have FB so I don't know anything about them except that they both look and sound like teenagers, :).

That is sick and abusive. If she were my child, I would not have accepted "oh, see you next year then, your husband is the boss". Id be right over there encouraging her to get a divorce.

Problem is the mother's a major Gothard-fan, which means she raised her daughter to trust the penis that owns her. That's Lesia's husband. All that crap about how this first-time obedience is for safety, and right here we can see how that's not going to keep a person safe.

Problem is the mother's a major Gothard-fan, which means she raised her daughter to trust the penis that owns her. That's Lesia's husband. All that crap about how this first-time obedience is for safety, and right here we can see how that's not going to keep a person safe.

She's a Michelle fan too. c68d273a69c4b0fb98871b1ad0219cdc.jpg

The link for Evelyn talking about not getting to see her daughter for a year:

https://www.facebook.com/evelyn.wimberl ... nref=story

And a couple about having to watch from afar:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 423&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/evelyn.wimberl ... gefilter=3

When I first heard how young they are, and this is the 3rd and they're talking about the next, I wanted to say something on FB about this being alarming, but I know people who bitch about people talking about large families, like 6 kids to people in their 30's, though you'd think they might see 3 kids by 21 to be a bit much. Something just struck me as odd. I listened with the volume low, so didn't hear him being detached, just enough that he sounded cool as a cucumber. Something did ping me as being off though when combining the "just love him" with the number of kids so young and fast.

Exactly, Beltway 8 is parking lot for several hours of the day. Even if they did pull aside and call an ambulance, it could be an hour before the EMTs could reach them.

Except that they're clearly not in heavy traffic since they're driving steadily for the first half of the video. And right after the baby is born you can see they've exited and are on the service road right next to a Valero. They're stopped at a light for a minute, and then he just keeps driving. Okay, the deed is already done, but you coulda pulled over and swaddled that baby, maybe called the birthing center and given 'em a heads up.

The real mystery is: who owns a GoPro and not a cell phone?

The answer to that is clear - someone who controls who is wife is communicating with and when.

If that had been me/my husband, there'd have been hell to pay.

I saw a pic of them and thought, wow she looks young. So I googled around and she was homeschooled in ATI. Her moms facebook is very public. She thanks Gothard and all of the conferences for influencing her life.

Here's that post:

November 9, 2012

Day 9: SO thankful for various conferences, Sunday school (young married classes, and later adult classes), homeschooling seminars and groups, Bill Gothard’s wise conferences and ATI influence on our decisions and what God showed through them for schooling our children.

But they show shin there are pictures of her daughters in church that are wearing tank tops... seems odd.. maybe they are cap sleeves bit the shirts to small but looked like tanks to me.

Babies...especially brand new babies. ..like/need to be kept warm. I wish they would've had the presence of mind to at least wrap the baby in his dad's shirt to keep him warm! Honestly, THAT bothered me more than anything.

Glad I wasnt the only one that saw a news cast and though fundie and the guys needed to pull over. Plus the news cast I saw the father was liek we didnt have cell phone service so i couldnt call anyone anyway and the mom going I wrapped the baby in my long shirt to keep the baby warm.

I saw the mother's Facebook page. So sad that she couldn't see her daughter for a year. From the comments I read it seemed as though everyone seemed very sad for her.

Maybe because I read this thread first, but that video struck me as abusive (imo). While some people are better in emergencies than others, I do NOT understand sitting calmly next to your birthing wife while driving AND recording the events. Most men would have either pulled the car over to help her or called 911. Who calmly keeps right on driving AND recording the events? (Never mind that driving and using a cell phone/camera/whatever is probably illegal and definitely dangerous). ETA: It struck me as abusive because he seemed to offer no comfort, no assistance, no anything.

So they're fundies and we've all decided he's a bad horrible abusive husband because according to her *mother* he kept his wife away from them for a year (and we all know the kind of loving, stable mothers Gothard usually attracts...:roll). So what? They'd been on the road for 45 minutes, she said keep driving. He asked her if she wanted him to pull over. There was very little he could have done. Furthermore - you want to know what kind of person would calmly sit next to his wife while driving her to a birth center (as she says "KEEP DRIVING")? someone who's seen his wife have a baby twice already and knows how the process works.

Calling his behavior *in this 4 minute video* abusive (I can't speak for the rest of his life because oh yeah, I'm not in it) is just dumb.

Archived