IGNORED

So There Really Is a "Gay Marriage is a Conspiracy" movie

GenerationCedarchip

Remember Colin Gunn? The guy who rode around in a school bus and filmed "Indoctination" to tell of the evils of government schooling?

He's back! This time the movie is called Shaky Town and it's about Christian persecution. Now, don't get me wrong. As a believer, I know persecution is real. However, this movie isn't about underground churches in China or ISIS atrocities. No. Instead we are promised "You'll also see real video footage of Christian churches in San Francisco being attacked by violent groups of homosexuals. So be warned, this movie is not for the faint-hearted!"

I know folks on pretty much all sides of the gay marriage issue, but "violent homosexuals" is not something I've ever encountered. Violent street gangs like the Bloods or MS-13, yes, but not so much the folks with the rainbow flags.

Anyway, here's the site (link broken) - colingunn.com/shakytown/

Yep, I saw that Jennie Chancey OF AFRICA was plugging it on the LAF Facebook page. Don't know if I can bring myself to watch it.

Isn't it fortunate (not for the church) that his cameras were there when the violent homosexuals turned up to inflict damage?

Why didn't he turn martyr and defend Christianity?

Inquiring minds want to know. WHO will believe this junk?

How old is this movie, because among the first comments was this

What people are saying about Shaky Town:

"...an aggressive and revealing, though highly sanctified look at a most unsavory subject,... I predict this film will go far."

Doug Phillips - Vision Forum

How old is this movie, because among the first comments was this

What people are saying about Shaky Town:

I looked, and it appears to be from 2004/2005 (depending on source you're checking). Ever since Friday's decision, it looks like Gunn dusted this off and started promoting like crazy. It's showing up all over my FB feed, and my cousins' homeschool group is showing at their Parents' Movie Night.

I still consider myself Christian, and I suspect folks here would see me as fundie-lite in real life. However, the cycle of jumping on bandwagon after bandwagon of things like this movie is one of those parts of fundie culture particularly and to a degree, evangelical culture at large, that just makes me cringe. I think it's because so many in the circles where I was raised didn't just suggest things for entertainment or edification, but rather demanded

that everyone else do them or risk being labeled a backslider.

Archived