IGNORED

More Gays Will Be Marrying Out-Of-Wedlock Births Will Increa

doggie

Sad when you don't know how things work

http://www.fark.com/go/8761656

Does Family Research Council president Tony Perkins not know where babies come from?

That seems a valid question given his latest extreme claims designed to ensure funds continue to flow into his hate group's coffers.

"I think we're going to see the further deconstruction of the family," Perkins warned in an interview with the Washington Examiner on Saturday, after the Supreme Court ruled states cannot ban same-sex marriage.

The nationwide legalization of same-sex marriage by the Supreme Court will have a huge impact on America and the family, Perkins insisted.

"We're going to see the impact on marriage as we've seen in some of the Scandinavian countries," Perkins, pulling old debunked data out of a hat, continued.

"It means we're going to see more children born out of wedlock," Perkins insisted.

When pressed on that claim, Perkins was forced to backtrack, stating, "any policy step – like you go back to no-fault divorce – we have seen this escalation in out-of-wedlock births, we've seen the deescalation of marriage rates as a result of policy changes that move away from the historic meaning of marriage."

Perkins was then forced to further backtrack, saying, "what will be the exact consequences and what will be the timing of them? I don't know."

Most of the entire video is Perkins speaking on marriage. His quoted remarks come starting at about the 5:40 mark in the video above.

Of course out of wedlock children will increase, vast numbers of ministers and churches have declared themselves out of the marriage business and several states are talking about no longer issuing marriage licenses. No state license = no church marriage = babies with unmarried parents, :o

The increase in out-of-wedlock births has nothing to do with marriage equality and everything to do with the fact that premarital sex is no longer stigmatized the way it was only a generation ago.

I'm conjuring up a great picture in my mind of some fundie couple who didn't get a marriage license where the wife goes into a coma and the husband has no say in her medical care. Have they thought this through?

I'm conjuring up a great picture in my mind of some fundie couple who didn't get a marriage license where the wife goes into a coma and the husband has no say in her medical care. Have they thought this through?

Do they ever?

If they were smart they would have medical powers of attorney.

My kid was born out of wedlock, and has more parents and grandparents to love her than any kid honestly needs.

Meh. Saying something will cause more children will be born out of wedlock is like saying "now that the clouds have come it, it is more likely to rain".

Crises, with starving people and murder in the name of your God, surely the religious have more important things to focus on.

Also, gay marriage has been legal in South Africa since 2006, so well done USA for catching up to us here in the 3rd world :D

If they were smart they would have medical powers of attorney.

That would be the way to work around it however they still wouldn't do because legalities = ebil gubmint telling them what to do.

So Tony Perkins is saying Bristol Palin is a lesbian?

:think:

Yes, I think I am following Mr. Perkins' logic perfectly.

The increase in out-of-wedlock births has nothing to do with marriage equality and everything to do with the fact that premarital sex is no longer stigmatized the way it was only a generation ago.

Agree!

What a moron and a tool. :lol:

Archived