IGNORED

Happy Pentecost!

SPHASH

I know not everyone here is a Christian but today is Pentecost which is celebrating church. In the Methodist tradition we celebrate it by wearing red to church. I admit I didn't wear red today. Red stands for the holy spirit.

Happy Pentacost to you too! I have not been much of an attendee for a year now, been feeling like I want to, but it's hard to get back into the habit. Especially with the kids protests.

Many people wore red in our church (Episcopal) too. We also had a baptism which was nice.

Happy Pentecost to you too.

It is also the Jewish holiday of Shavuot. I am celebrating by eating cheesecake.

Happy Shavout!

Many people wore red in our church (Episcopal) too. We also had a baptism which was nice.

Happy Pentecost to you too.

We did too at my Episcopal church! Pentecost is growing on me every year. Also, I met my friend's new baby for the first time and the weather is gorgeous. Just a great day all the way around. Happy Pentecost!

A late Happy Pentecost to my Western Christian sisters and brothers. :) I'm Eastern so mine isn't till next Sunday.

And a very Happy Cheesecake Festival to all Jewish FJers. ;)

A late Happy Pentecost to my Western Christian sisters and brothers. :) I'm Eastern so mine isn't till next Sunday.

And a very Happy Cheesecake Festival to all Jewish FJers. ;)

Are you Orthodox? I was baptized Russian Orthodox, there are no churches anywhere near me, I am interested though. I have my Great Aunt's notebook from when she was the secretary of her churches women's club. (some of the notes are from the 40's!)Its fun to look through. I loved her very much.

Cheesecake makes me think of my Baba. She made a fabulous cheesecake. I have her recipe book. I think I will have to give it a go now.

Happy Holidays to all my FJ friends.

Catholics have a tradition of wearing red to church as well. One of my churches had people read intersessions in their native languages, which I thought was wonderful.

Are you Orthodox? I was baptized Russian Orthodox, there are no churches anywhere near me, I am interested though. I have my Great Aunt's notebook from when she was the secretary of her churches women's club. (some of the notes are from the 40's!)Its fun to look through. I loved her very much.

Cheesecake makes me think of my Baba. She made a fabulous cheesecake. I have her recipe book. I think I will have to give it a go now.

Happy Holidays to all my FJ friends.

Yep, I'm Greek Orthodox. Have to have my smells and bells. :D You should definitely make the cheesecake. I have a couple of different cookbooks put together by old Orthodox Church ladies. Those battle axes know how to cook!

Archived