IGNORED

Mama June will sue TLC if Duggars not canceled

Mela99

Apparently she's in an uproar because her daughter's attacker was never on the show but they got cancelled... :?

jezebel.com/mama-june-to-tlc-duggar-sex-abuse-scandal-is-even-wors-1706269961

Apparently she's in an uproar because her daughter's attacker was never on the show but they got cancelled... :?

jezebel.com/mama-june-to-tlc-duggar-sex-abuse-scandal-is-even-wors-1706269961

I'll be curious to see if they do cancel the show from this. They should, but I see some people on the internet still sticking up for this family.

I hope Jim Bob socked away the money he made from this show, there probably won't be any more.

I recall when the Duggar's made some reference years ago to "sin in the camp". Is this what they were referring to?

I'm also wondering 1). how it was kept under wraps for so long? 2). Why coming out now?

They should cancel it. And I hope mama June does sue if they don't. The more media attention given to this case, the more the Duggars will be exposed for what they really are. By the which I mean boob, bitchelle, and Josh and Anna. The other kids, I hope, are totally innocent.

(By the which I mean that I hope Josh was the only one doing this. Of course the victims are 100% not responsible.)

She's right though. Her show was canceled because she started dating someone who molested 1 of her daughters (still abhorrent, so do NOT think I'm defending what happened there), while TLC has actually been paying somebody who molested 5 little girls, and the parents who concealed it. What the Duggars have done is worse. They knew, they concealed, they defend. June knew, but didn't conceal. And the sheer number of victims... Yeah, I hope she sues. Her show shouldn't be brought back, and she deserves to be shamed for bringing a molester back into the house with his victim, but if her show was cancelled, then the Duggars should be cancelled.

Last night TLC ran a Duggars marathon.

There was a bit of outrage about the fact that TLC ran a marathon of their show the day the news broke.

I think that while there are leg humpers on Instagram, Facebook or article comments, most bloggers and news outlets with real influence are asking for the show to be banned. I don't see any defenders on Twitter either.

The final straw will be advertisers pulling out.

There was a bit of outrage about the fact that TLC ran a marathon of their show the day the news broke.

I think that while there are leg humpers on Instagram, Facebook or article comments, most bloggers and news outlets with real influence are asking for the show to be banned. I don't see any defenders on Twitter either.

The final straw will be advertisers pulling out.

Is there a list where you can see them? Cause if they would receive mails demanding them to pull out, it might help.

Clueliss put up a list on the last page of the main Josh thread-part 2.

Emails need to be sent. They can be contacted on social media too. Maybe a petition?

I would hate to be working at TLC right now. That said, I would so love to be a fly on the wall, at TLC right now.

TLC also cancelled the Gosselins too. Jon and Kate were abusive too just in a different way. But compared to Boob and Mullet they are POTY.

How exactly is TLC the learning channel? Other than a sustained mess of what not to do as parents.....

Clueliss put up a list on the last page of the main Josh thread-part 2.

Emails need to be sent. They can be contacted on social media too. Maybe a petition?

I had been looking for a petition to sign. I only found 2, one had only 30 signatures, the other had 12,000 on Credo.

I sent emails to Jon & Kate sponsors, I choose ones that I really did use their products and local sponsors. I think local sponsors get the most upset and pull ads first (but obviously aren't a huge amount of money). Local sponsors rarely get to choose the specific show they sponsor. they just choose 50/100/200 spots a month that target a certain demographic. They can however request not to sponsor a show.

I would hate to be working at TLC right now. That said, I would so love to be a fly on the wall, at TLC right now.

Agree!!

What the hell would she sue for? If she wins, I'm suing that they never gave me a show in the first place.

What the hell would she sue for? If she wins, I'm suing that they never gave me a show in the first place.

Unfair treatment so I guess.. discrimination? I'm trying to wrap my head around the proper legal argument for this...Where my other lawyers at?

Maybe TLC will make a decision after the holiday. :think:

I'm thinking that too. I wouldn't be surprised if on Monday or Tuesday, there is announcement about the overall future of the show. The Duggars and TLC are probably hoping that interest in the story will die down over the weekend. But, the interest might not die down because of the Internet and online media outlets. Right now on twitter, one of the worldwide trending topics is #NewTLCShows and as expected people are bashing the Duggars and if you search josh duggar, he is still getting slammed. Some of the weekend news shows on CNN, FNC, MSNBC might continue covering the story over the weekend.

Unfair treatment so I guess.. discrimination? I'm trying to wrap my head around the proper legal argument for this...Where my other lawyers at?

I don't think she has a case. First of all, TLC is a private company and doesn't have to give anyone a show if they can not hold the ratings. Second, there is no way "discrimination" would be a thing. Being a child molester / pedophile / rapist (i don't remember specifics in the HBB incident) is not a protected class. Presumably, TLC operates in an "AT WILL" employment situation. Or they have contracts that were signed by June (who is very dumb) and therefore there is no case. No lawyer would take this case.

Oh. I'm not a lawyer. Law school was not all I thought it would be.

TLC also cancelled the Gosselins too. Jon and Kate were abusive too just in a different way. But compared to Boob and Mullet they are POTY.

Even though I have always disliked Jon and Kate, I always had the feeling and even said that they were lesser evils compared to Boob and Mullet. Looking at the various families that TLC has given shows to, the Duggars are the worst ones in my opinion.

I'm not huge fan of June Shannon, but she and her family weren't not hateful like the Duggars. They supported Uncle Poodle and the gay community. June dating that sex offender is still a shitty thing, but I have to agree a bit with what she has said yesterday.

Looking back at the other families that are/were on TLC, I don't think any of them are as shitty as the Boob, Mullet, and Josh.

The Roloffs of Little People, Big World were always upfront that weren't perfect and that conflict was common in that household. That family had their scandals which included Jeremy's racist and homophobic comments on Myspace, Matt's DUI, the pumpkin launcher accident, issues with their town and county government, Matt and Amy's fighting, later problems with Jacob, and a few other things. The Roloffs also associated with an anti-gay pastor. They probably won't ever change their beliefs.The Roloffs will still be a lesser evil compared to the Duggars.

The Browns of Sister Wives also don't act like everything is fine and dandy. Yeah, I think Kody is a major douche, but I admit i find the sister wives a tad more likable than Mullet Duggar.

Theresa Caputo and her family from Long Island Medium don't act like they are always happy. Theresa and Larry encouraged their kids to go to college. Larry Jr has his degree and Victoria is currently in college. Larry Jr and Victoria aren't always a part of the dog and pony show.

IMO reality shows with kids as regulars need to go. It does nothing but create a toxic environment. It's almost as bad or worse than being a child actor. That said, I dont know what June could sue for but cant blame her for feeling this way..

I'm not a lawyer, so I couldn't speak to what kind of a case she could make (loss of income, maybe?). I can, however, understand her indignation, though I'm not terribly impressed by it. Her case is her case and the Duggars' is the Duggars.' Their shows were not dependent on each other. It may be unwise and even immoral, but it's not illegal for a company (TLC) to choose who they wish to do business with (in this case a TV show) even if their choices are because of pandering to a double-standard or hypocrisy.

There is a favoritism in America - and Mama June and Honey Boo Boo are not among those typically favored.

On the other hand, the Duggars can present a pretty squeak-clean front. However fake it is (the degree to which no one really knows), the folks living in a TTH and making tater tot casseroles and wearing frumpers are favored over folks who feed their children "go go juice" and have them perform in pageants. Michelle's little girl voice (it always seems partially real, like she has a highish voice, but also partially "keep sweet" fake) is more palatable to the American public than is Mama June's outspokenness and divorce.

Not saying it's right, but it is true!

I'm glad the Duggar scandal has happened. It gives yet more exposure to the underside of the fundy world. The execs at TLC probably need a little time to put their heads together, separate fact from rumor, figure out who did what and when they did it,, and then get back together after the holiday weekend before making a final decision. They did pull the show for now and that's good. If it is not canceled, I will be among those who call out TLC for their hypocrisy.

**edited to finish a paragraph

*** edited a second time because I seem to be a dunderhead

It is a shame that neither Georgia nor Arkansas, have laws that would put the monies earned by minor participants into trust accounts that their parents would not have access to. After all, June used her daughter's trust fund to buy her pedo boyfriend a car. As to the Duggars, I would seriously doubt that any of the Duggars (adult or minor - except Josh) have their own trust accounts. Jim Bob & Michelle probably have control of all of the money, because part of the children are minors and the ones who are legally adults (except possibly Jill & Jessa) are strongly encouraged to hand over their earnings.

As a lawyer once told me, "You can sue anyone for any reason you want, but that hardly means you'll win."

Archived