IGNORED

Rick Perry's Recent Prayer Rally - Disturbing Connections

Austin

I caught part of Rachel Tabachnick on NPR's Fresh Air this morning. The audio isn't available until later today, but the article is very interesting - and disturbing.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/24/139781021 ... al-warfare

The organizers of Perry's rally were from ministries founded by two apostles/prophets of the movement — The Call, and the International House of Prayer founded by Mike Bickle. Bickle, who led part of Perry's event, has claimed that Oprah Winfrey is a precursor of the Antichrist, and Engle has claimed that gay people are controlled by "demonic spirits." Both have served on the Council of Prophetic Elders initiated by Wagner.

(snip)

"The major topics at these events [are] anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and the conversion of Jews in order to advance the end times. And this was very visible at Perry's events as these apostles led all of these different prayers and repentance ceremonies at [his rally]."

And there's lots more.

I'm glad to see this getting attention. I'm from Houston, and I know so many people (myself included) who were pretty outraged to have this happen here. I think there was an article or two in the Houston Press outlining the hate groups supporting this event, but not much from mainstream media.

I think people expect this of conservatives, so the outrage/disgust isn't always there like it should be. But the reality: governor of our state promoting a prayer rally for a specific religion only on the state's time and dime, sponsored by groups that promote outright hate. Claiming that prayer will solve out problems (when he was elected and is paid to actually work to solve problems). And this guy is going to run for president. This is bad folks.

i was just listening to this in the car! (we get fresh air at noon, here). I didn't want to turn it off, and will be interested to read the transcript.

Oprah is the antichrist? I'm not a fan, but saying she's the antichrist is really exaggerated. Is it because she is a woman with a successful career, at the head multi-billion $ empire, who lives with her boyfriend without being married?

EDIT: Oops... nevermind, just found out that she is pro-gay. So I guess that's why they say that.

I listened to it on my way home from work, and the thing that really got me was how perverted the dominion version of "Christianity" really is. Because God isn't the agent in anything. Everything is about what man does. I think they are very deluded. I think most of the time my jaw hung open. Evidently the world God created and called good--isn't. What a horrible way to live.

The other interesting thing was when Rachel was describing how they viewed the anti-Christ, etc. Because all I could think was their version of "Christianity" sounds very much like the whole anti-Christ thing they rail against.

These people tend to be the demons that they hate so much.

hell I get the feeling the debil busted a nut in old ricks butt already.

I listened to a part of it. It was alluded to that Oprah had something to do with the coming of harlots which was a precursor to the anit-christ. I am planning on listening to it again. A lot of people think that Perry is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am getting scared.

Archived