IGNORED

Two Sermons By Our Friend Doug

Deleted12

I'm in an odd enough mood that I went ahead and opened up the link. Am I seeing right: Is the first sermon one hour and fourteen minutes in length?

I listened for the first three minutes and he was talking about what we might see if we were living 500, 1000, 1500 years ago. His voice pattern and inflections remind me of a less-obvious version of Warren Jeffs' lectures.

Jeffs uses a lulling, rhythmic style that seems designed to half-hypnotize his listeners. I'm trying to figure out why a Christian like Phillips would want to do the same thing.

Rolleyes at 5.9 on the Richter scale.

Will listen throughout the day. I'm astounded that people can sit to listen to someone rattle on for 74 minutes non-stop ...

What qualifications does Dougie have to be a minister? I looked at his bio on the VF site, and it only mentions law school, not divinity or theology. Was he ordained by any denomination, or is he entirely self-appointed?

What qualifications does Dougie have to be a minister? I looked at his bio on the VF site, and it only mentions law school, not divinity or theology. Was he ordained by any denomination, or is he entirely self-appointed?

No idea, but I have the same qualifications as Dougie and I'd never take it upon myself to think I should be a preacher.

Of course, like so many law school graduates (I'm thinking in particular of "Dr." Michele Bachmann), he may have enough hubris to believe he's edumacated enough to get up and pontificate on any and everything. (Not that he doesn't do that anyway with Vision Forum.)

Will listen throughout the day. I'm astounded that people can sit to listen to someone rattle on for 74 minutes non-stop ...

Maybe it's because I've spent a lot of time in (mainstream christian) sermons outside of church, but that really doesn't seem like that long to me. Most sermons I know of take about an hour, and this is only 14 minutes over that. I guess it depends on the speaker though, whether or not it's worth it.

What qualifications does Dougie have to be a minister?

He is a holder of the all mighty Penis. It's all these guys need to be head of anything.

He is a holder of the all mighty Penis. It's all these guys need to be head of anything.

Which begs the question, "Whose penis is he holding?"

The anaconda told him so.

It works because it can be read both ways - the serpent and the penis!

Which begs the question, "Whose penis is he holding?"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant.

I don't see that he has any actual qualifictions to be a minister. That said, his law degree would explain his emphasis on the religion of legalism. Read the gospels much, Dougie? Interns, go read the first four books of the New Testament. Book of Doug nowhere to be found in said document.

Archived