IGNORED

republicans and rape pic says it all

doggie

Horrific. That last one by Lockman was surreal. Has the man EVER picked up a history book? Have any of them ever picked up a basic biology book?! Good grief! :angry-banghead:

Horrific. That last one by Lockman was surreal. Has the man EVER picked up a history book? Have any of them ever picked up a basic biology book?! Good grief! :angry-banghead:

It's tragic. I don't understand how can any thinking person, who pays attention, could vote for these people.

It's really difficult to decide whose comment is most offensive. I have to go with the woman from Texas. As a woman, she lives with the reality that rape is always lurking around the corner. And she thinks that a rape it will fix it. I just can't.

Not to dismiss the horribleness of it in the least but the Clayton Williams quote is wildly wrong.

He said bad weather is like rape, not rape is inevitable like bad weather. He was speaking while outside and a storm was blowing up.

An atrocious thing to say no matter what but it's still important to quote accurately and correctly.

Sadly, I've seen all of those quotes in their original context, and they are accurate. They are neither misquoted nor quoted out of context. And not all of their constituents are supporters of this crap. My very staunch super conservative father was shocked and disgusted when he heard these comments.

Not to dismiss the horribleness of it in the least but the Clayton Williams quote is wildly wrong.

He said bad weather is like rape, not rape is inevitable like bad weather. He was speaking while outside and a storm was blowing up.

An atrocious thing to say no matter what but it's still important to quote accurately and correctly.

Here is the quote and its context from a NYTimes article in 1990...

"Mr. Williams made the remark on Saturday while preparing for a cattle roundup at his West Texas ranch. He compared the cold, foggy weather spoiling the event to a rape, telling ranch hands, campaign workers and reporters around a campfire, ''If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.''

Mr. Williams Apologizes

Later on Saturday, Mr. Williams said it was merely a joke and apologized ''if anyone's offended.''

''That's not a Republican women's club that we were having this morning,'' he said. ''It's a working cow camp, a tough world where you can get kicked in the testicles if you're not careful.''

Asked if some people might be offended, Mr. Williams said: ''I'm not going to give you a serious answer. It wasn't a serious deal. It wasn't a serious statement.''

But today his campaign issued a statement in which Mr. Williams said: ''I feel just terrible about this. I had no intention in my heart to hurt anyone, especially those women who have been traumatized by rape.

''Looking back, I realize it was insensitive and had no place at the campfire or in any setting.''

Marilyn Rickman, head of the Texas Women's Political Caucus, which has endorsed Ms. Richards, said the remark was inexcusable. ''Rape is never a joke'' with women under any circumstance, she said.

Mr. Williams's wife, Modesta, and other Republicans defended him.

''If the word rape was in a joke, if sex was in a joke, it was just a joke,'' Mrs. Williams said. ''He's about as much of a gentleman, a caring person, as there is.''

Personally I think it was pretty accurate and it's also fairly clear that he saw nothing wrong with what he said.

Another group of people I would love to see go into another field, like cleaning porta-potties or digging ditches.

If I remember correctly--I was just a teenage and those years are fuzzy--that Clayton Williams remark dealt a devastating blow to his gubernatorial campaign. I do remember my rabidly far-right Repub parents mocking people for being upset about the "joke."

OTOH, following that remark--which was widely derided even here in this often backwards state--Ann Richards ended up winning the election against all odds, so at least something good came of it.

The last one. Dear god. It shows that you don't have to have any kind of intelligence or decency to get everything handed to you, that's for sure.

Another group of people I would love to see go into another field, like cleaning porta-potties or digging ditches.

why would you want them working such nice jobs?

Armpit sniffer

Getting a whiff of BO may sound like the pits, but it’s all in a day’s work for Peta Jones.

She works as a deodorant producer for Unilever in Australia, developing the Dove, Lynx and Impulse brands.

A big part of her job is sniffing strangers’ armpits to check her products’ work.

Peta said: “It was strange at first, but in a week it was fine.â€

Crime-scene cleaners

Pet food taster

Sewer diver

Bathroom Towel Dispenser/Attendant

DMV Employee/ Driving Test Administrator

professional pooper scooper

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... z3DPh6blGR

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Un-PCness ahead:

I'd rather see people like the be sent to prison into the "everyone's wife" position. Just enjoy the inevitable, don't worry about getting pregnant, why shouldn't a stronger man be allowed to have his way with you?

why would you want them working such nice jobs?

Armpit sniffer

Getting a whiff of BO may sound like the pits, but it’s all in a day’s work for Peta Jones.

She works as a deodorant producer for Unilever in Australia, developing the Dove, Lynx and Impulse brands.

A big part of her job is sniffing strangers’ armpits to check her products’ work.

Peta said: “It was strange at first, but in a week it was fine.â€

Crime-scene cleaners

Pet food taster

Sewer diver

Bathroom Towel Dispenser/Attendant

DMV Employee/ Driving Test Administrator

professional pooper scooper

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... z3DPh6blGR

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Customer service representative at a terrible, terrible company. Just nothing but being yelled at 8 hours a day, six days a week, for minimum wage.

I hadn't seen a couple of those. I could have lived a lifetime without doing so, I think. As they say, the more I get to know people, the more I like my dogs.

Archived