IGNORED

Muslim Blogs?

longskirts

Informative and hilarious muslim lolcats. (I don't get most of the jokes, but they still made me smile).

I can do a muzlim lolcat explanation thread, if anyone is interested.

I read a ton of muslim blogs. One of my favorites is put together by a dear sister of mine who lives in Medina, Saudi Arabia. Please don't snark on it - it's not really snarkworthy - but rather is an interesting and spiritual insight into the life of a devout muslim woman and the 2 holy cities.

almiskeenah.com

She takes pictures of street kitties in Mecca and Medina for me too :)

almiskeenah.com/?p=7997

IMHO, one of the best muslim blogs out there is 30mosques - 30mosques.com/ - where a group of american muslims spend all of Ramadan traveling to 30 different mosques in 30 different states. They started it last year and did it again. They're not fundie, but instead give a view of the diverse community that is the american muslim ummah.

The brass crescent awards are a good jumping off point into what is voted the "best" in the muslim blogosphere. I have been snubbed every year, for lack of a crazy cat lady category :violin:

brasscrescent.org/

More non snarkworthy muslim blogs:

badassmuslimahs.tumblr.com

ifyokoye.com

muslimahmediawatch.org

thepalestineyoudontknow.tumblr.com

muslimhippie.wordpress.com

marcmanley.tumblr.com

marcmanley.com/category/blog/

azizaizmargari.wordpress.com/

folio.me.uk/

allahcentric.com/

sandala.org/blog/

UmmSqueakster,

I'm going to forward any warning notes I get from my boss right to you. I spent pretty much the whole work day today going thru your blog! LOL Great stuff - truly! I can't wait to get home & start on those links. :)

One small request: Can you please put a glossary for those phrases that you use a lot - the ones that are either in front or behind a statement? Thanks and please keep up the great blogging!

Love your avatar, btw! I *heart* Neville, even if he is a Gryffindor!

*Edited for riffle.

UmmSqueakster,

I'm going to forward any warning notes I get from my boss right to you. I spent pretty much the whole work day today going thru your blog! LOL Great stuff - truly! I can't wait to get home & start on those links. :)

One small request: Can you please put a glossary for those phrases that you use a lot - the ones that are either in front or behind a statement? Thanks and please keep up the great blogging!

Love your avatar, btw! I *heart* Neville, even if he is a Gryffindor!

*Edited for riffle.

Ha! I'll forward it on to my boss :)

I'm actually th_ravenclaw-smarter.jpg?t=1241830707 but since there aren't a lot of three dimensional characters outside of Gryffindor and Slytherin, Neville is my favorite. Plus, he rocked Deathly Hallows P2

re: phrases, here are a few online dictionaries. I can't vouch for every word and definition in each, but in general they're good

islamicpoint.blogspot.com/2008/01/on-tip-of-muslim-tongue.html

usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/reference/glossary.html

www.classicalislam.com/pages/glossary/glossary.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Islam

If you have any you can't find, just ask and I'll be happy to define. I always have a heck of a time when I read Chassid and OTD (off the dersch) blogs and can't for the life of me figure out what the yiddish means.

Archived