IGNORED

Anyone else following Brandy's new blog?

LadyBBR

So Brandy has a new post called Sin for you is sin for me? in which she talks about how the Twilight books aren't sinful and people should stop judging others (her) for liking them. Then in the comment section someone writes in about how if she were asked to make a Haryy Potter b-day cake for her cake business she would still do it. Then Brandy responds and says SHE wouldn't make a Harry Potter cake for someone and it isn't the same thing at all as the Twilight series. What happened to the sin for you is sin for me?

I haven't read the Twilight books, but LOVE Harry Potter, so I can't compare.

thecormierfamily.org/Brandy/?p=48#more-48

So Brandy has a new post called Sin for you is sin for me? in which she talks about how the Twilight books aren't sinful and people should stop judging others (her) for liking them. Then in the comment section someone writes in about how if she were asked to make a Haryy Potter b-day cake for her cake business she would still do it. Then Brandy responds and says SHE wouldn't make a Harry Potter cake for someone and it isn't the same thing at all as the Twilight series. What happened to the sin for you is sin for me?

I haven't read the Twilight books, but LOVE Harry Potter, so I can't compare.

thecormierfamily.org/Brandy/?p=48#more-48

The only thing Twilight and Harry Potter have in common is that they are both fictional stories about non-existent things. Vampires & Werewolves are the focus of Twilight while both are only casually mentioned in Harry Potter. Magic is evil though and the bible says so, so since HP is all about magic it is, of course, from the devil and god says that is a sin. I don't think god says anything about Vampires, though, so it's ok to read that particular fiction.

Confused yet? It's 'logic' that isn't any more real than Vampires or the Ministry of Magic, but apparently it is spinning in the heads of many.

The only thing Twilight and Harry Potter have in common is that they are both fictional stories about non-existent things. Vampires & Werewolves are the focus of Twilight while both are only casually mentioned in Harry Potter. Magic is evil though and the bible says so, so since HP is all about magic it is, of course, from the devil and god says that is a sin. I don't think god says anything about Vampires, though, so it's ok to read that particular fiction.

Confused yet? It's 'logic' that isn't any more real than Vampires or the Ministry of Magic, but apparently it is spinning in the heads of many.

Yeah, I'll cop to being confused :doh:

You've got to be kidding me.. aren't vamps supposed to be the evil demons? Seriously, she talks about Vampires not being addressed in the Bible.. uhm... look, Vampires drink blood correct? Okay, let's throw out some verses here...

Proverbs 30:14 states:

"There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men."

That sounds kinda vampy to me...

How about Acts 15 and Acts 21, both which state that to be with the Lord, you must abstain from blood... I highly doubt the Vampires are abstaining from blood, thus they are not Godly creatures... and the conclusion will be to stay away from non-Godly creatures (you know, the whole unequally yolked thingy).

Seriously.. I love the cherry picking of their time this season... reading her comments it's just like.. yeah I thought that just a couple weeks ago, but I've got my head from my rump now... I just can't take her seriously any longer.

You've got to be kidding me.. aren't vamps supposed to be the evil demons? Seriously, she talks about Vampires not being addressed in the Bible.. uhm... look, Vampires drink blood correct? Okay, let's throw out some verses here...

Proverbs 30:14 states:

"There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men."

That sounds kinda vampy to me...

How about Acts 15 and Acts 21, both which state that to be with the Lord, you must abstain from blood... I highly doubt the Vampires are abstaining from blood, thus they are not Godly creatures... and the conclusion will be to stay away from non-Godly creatures (you know, the whole unequally yolked thingy).

Seriously.. I love the cherry picking of their time this season... reading her comments it's just like.. yeah I thought that just a couple weeks ago, but I've got my head from my rump now... I just can't take her seriously any longer.

My fault. I am the one who said vampires weren't mentioned by god. I was trying to come up a with a reason Twilight is all good but not Harry Potter. I guess I was wrong. I think their reasoning is just as convoluted as my imagined reasoning, though. Does the bible say that vampires are sinful or evil? Magic is clearly defined as a big, bad slap in god's face in the good book. If it mentions vampires, but doesn't state them as bad, my imaginary reasons could still stand. Maybe?

Whatever makes Twilight OK and Harry Potter not has to be explained in the bible, since the biggest (although not only) argument against HP is the magic; magic the bible clearly denounces.

My fault. I am the one who said vampires weren't mentioned by god. I was trying to come up a with a reason Twilight is all good but not Harry Potter. I guess I was wrong. I think their reasoning is just as convoluted as my imagined reasoning, though. Does the bible say that vampires are sinful or evil? Magic is clearly defined as a big, bad slap in god's face in the good book. If it mentions vampires, but doesn't state them as bad, my imaginary reasons could still stand. Maybe?

Whatever makes Twilight OK and Harry Potter not has to be explained in the bible, since the biggest (although not only) argument against HP is the magic; magic the bible clearly denounces.

Ahh I thought she said it, but either way, she did claim that Potter is rooted in "real evil in the bible" and twilight is fiction.. seriously... basically Proverbs 30 is talking about the evil things a generation will do to turn away from the Lord. So I guess yes, in a way, it's saying these things are bad.

I can't get past the part where seh takls about potter having "real spells"... seriously.. that baffles me.

Ahh I thought she said it, but either way, she did claim that Potter is rooted in "real evil in the bible" and twilight is fiction.. seriously... basically Proverbs 30 is talking about the evil things a generation will do to turn away from the Lord. So I guess yes, in a way, it's saying these things are bad.

I can't get past the part where seh takls about potter having "real spells"... seriously.. that baffles me.

I hope I can get her to explain how she knows this and tell me which ones are the real ones because I would so love to cast a few.

Guest Anonymous
{Please don’t discount my realization that there is a very spiritual warfare going on around us. I’ve had visions of evil spirits in a house we lived in. We prayed and it left our house and never returned. We’ve seen a shut and locked window that was nailed shut fly open. We’ve seen a dog we had — a very precious, loving dog who would have NEVER growled at either of us — be possessed by evil spirits. She about attacked my husband. We prayed and she never had a problem again. We’ve seen angels flying over our bed while we were praying our first Christmas together. We know of the spiritual warfare that surrounds us all.}

Oh my. She can hang out with those people from 7XSunday who exorcised the stuffed bunny rabbit.

My mother believed this sort of thing. It's extremely scary for a kid to hear about demons lurking everywhere. I hope she keeps it between herself and her husband and doesn't terrify their children.

I hope I can get her to explain how she knows this and tell me which ones are the real ones because I would so love to cast a few.

Ahh to be quoted with misspellings and all. I'll chalk it up to being 1250 at night and a few more than 1 drink of alcohol.

I do hope she'll tell you too! I'm dying to know if she thinks Hogwarts it true also!

Oh my. She can hang out with those people from 7XSunday who exorcised the stuffed bunny rabbit.

My mother believed this sort of thing. It's extremely scary for a kid to hear about demons lurking everywhere. I hope she keeps it between herself and her husband and doesn't terrify their children.

She prays them all away, apparently. I myself would use the real magic spells. If I knew them, anyway.

She's talked before of her spiritual warfare stuff. This is actually quite tame compared to much of it.

That was an interesting read. :shock: Most interesting that in the comments Brandy acknowledged being against the Twilight books recently.

Like she'd know the first thing about warfare. Come to think of it, if any of these "soldiers for Christ" actually knew the first thing about war, they may think twice about embracing the concept.

Edit because Orange Cat wanted to type too.

What a hypocrite. If anything, Twilight is ten times worse than Harry Potter.

Then again, Bella is, I guess, doing the "godly" thing. No man in her life. WAHHH life is over just go sit in the corner depressed because no man = no life. And then Hermione, omg devil girl, when Ron leaves her she actually goes on with her life and she fights and stuff. DEMONIC! Obviously.

She says that Harry Potter contains "real spells". Rowling admitted to bastardizing latin for most of her spells. By that logic, all Romans were casting spells when they asked someone to turn on a light or pass them something... "Accio rolling pin!"

Not only was she against them just a few weeks ago, but she is now reading the series for the fourth time. In just a few weeks. :shock: When does stuff get done in her house, then?

Not only was she against them just a few weeks ago, but she is now reading the series for the fourth time. In just a few weeks. :shock: When does stuff get done in her house, then?

Oh, no. This isn't the fourth time in a few weeks. She's read them all along while, like everything else in their life, defending them and vilifying them alternately, depending on which way her Christian wind is blowing. She's gotten rid of the books because they're evil and made a huge deal about it, then bought them again when they weren't evil and made a big deal about that...exactly as she's doing now.

I do wonder when and how stuff gets done around her house though, but that's an entirely different topic with a whole different can of Brandy worms.

Oh, no. This isn't the fourth time in a few weeks. She's read them all along while, like everything else in their life, defending them and vilifying them alternately, depending on which way her Christian wind is blowing. She's gotten rid of the books because they're evil and made a huge deal about it, then bought them again when they weren't evil and made a big deal about that...exactly as she's doing now.

I do wonder when and how stuff gets done around her house though, but that's an entirely different topic with a whole different can of Brandy worms.

Seriously, she's my FAVORITE! Even in this very blog that she's had for mere weeks (after taking a week offline to reevaluate what she wants out of the Internet, and boy was that week refreshing and complete in its ability to wash away all of her previous wrong thinking), she has changed her tune from seeing everything in her house as demonic, to reading Twilight.

She and Jason both claim to be "novelists" and I would just LOVE to get my hands (and red pen) on their manuscripts!

Edit: I also like to check out her twitter (@brandy_cormier) where she treats her week offline as if she took a year-long hiatus to go live off the land or something.

Weird, I can't find her website. Was it raptured?

WhatwhatWHAT??? Twilight is okay, but HP is evil? I have no desire to read either, but that's just bonkers.

wwwdotthecormierfamily.org/Brandy/

Thanks, it works on my computer, but not my iPad. Maybe that is the Lord's way of telling me I should at least be sitting up when I snark instead of lying on the couch. :think:

a whole different can of Brandy worms.

Oooh, are those anything like the ones in the Tequila bottles? ;)

{Please don’t discount my realization that there is a very spiritual warfare going on around us. I’ve had visions of evil spirits in a house we lived in. We prayed and it left our house and never returned. We’ve seen a shut and locked window that was nailed shut fly open. We’ve seen a dog we had — a very precious, loving dog who would have NEVER growled at either of us — be possessed by evil spirits. She about attacked my husband. We prayed and she never had a problem again. We’ve seen angels flying over our bed while we were praying our first Christmas together. We know of the spiritual warfare that surrounds us all.}

Umm. Okay.

I left a comment last week asking which spells are real.

Imagine my surprise when I looked this morning and the comment is gone.

Archived