IGNORED

Rick Perry on Evolution

debrand

Rick Perry says that evolution is a theory that is out there. Also, Texas teaches both evolution and creationsim. In America, the Supreme Court ruled that creationsim couldn't be taught as a fact in 1987.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/1 ... 30802.html

I once read an online post where the commentor swore that no one taught creationsim as science because of the Supreme Court decision. The author simply could not comprehend that fanatics don't follow the rules.

Here goes my quick rant on people who want Creationism taught in classrooms:

Being a Biotechnology major, it irks me when Christians claim Creationism is part of science. It is NOT part of science because Creationism is FAITH based. Everything in science is a theory, yes it is true. You cannot claim that something is a fact because science constantly changes and something new almost always arises. However, with that being said, a theory has years of research, data, and evidence to support it. Creationism has NO data, NO research, and NO evidence to support it. Their only "evidence" is the Bible, which is not a scientific evidence. That's like writing an article for some journal claiming some theory exists without any evidence to support it but people should follow it because so and so wrote it. If God is behind all of this, show some scientific data to support your claims. Then some Christians claim that Evolution is not true because you did not see it happen with your own eyes. Um, what? You yourself did not see God create this world, so how do you know God created it? Don't say the Bible says it because Evolution has data to support it. I honestly think the reason why a lot of these people do not like Evolution is that they believe we evolved from monkeys. No scientist has ever said we evolved from monkeys; we share similar genes and have a common ancestor but when that came out, conservative Christians took it like as if we came from monkeys. No no no, that's not what scientists said, dum dums.

I have no problem if schools teach Creationism in classrooms but it should be taught in religion classes, not science classes. The reason why courts shoot down teaching Creationism in classes is because it is all faith based, involving religion. So, Christians changed Creationism to Intelligent Design-same concept, different name. Once again, courts shot them down because it's bringing religion into classrooms.

Moral of the story-don't mess with science.

Ps. Shut up, Rick Perry.

*this* i would love to see any of these ATI types take a long visit to the Museum of Nat'l History in NYC with an open mind and just think for once in their lives. How the heck can they deny the facts of physics, biology, etc. that make up everything we see? Or would they just cop out with the standard "God intended for that to happen" It makes me sick because teaching those beliefs as scientific fact moves this country a giant step backward.

I live in Texas, and if my biology teacher had tried to teach creationism, I would have laughed my face off. I actually don't remember being taught evolution either, but I could be wrong. Ninth grade was a long time ago. I've never heard of any school teaching creationism here, but I'm in a large city. I'm sure it happens in the rural areas.

On a side note, I'm still ashamed that Texas gave us Bush. Perry just needs to go away. I don't know how he keeps getting re-elected.

*this* i would love to see any of these ATI types take a long visit to the Museum of Nat'l History in NYC with an open mind and just think for once in their lives. How the heck can they deny the facts of physics, biology, etc. that make up everything we see? Or would they just cop out with the standard "God intended for that to happen" It makes me sick because teaching those beliefs as scientific fact moves this country a giant step backward.

Someone posted a thread from a fundie blog (I can't remember what one) where one lady had taken her children to a natural history museum. She warned to other good Christian mothers wanting to do the same that they would "have to check their brains at the door" because the exhibits all had a pro-evolution explanation and not one mention of creationism or intelligent design.

Archived