IGNORED

LOLmodesty

thoughtful

OK - I re-titled the old thread to reflect its content, and am starting again, since I imagine some folks would like to see an LOLmodesty threat through which they can scroll and giggle.

6054092650_c00e89dae5.jpg

BTW, I didn't have enough room, but wanted to add something along the lines of "people say 'fail-ick!' when we play the violin, but we're pretty good on the cymbals!'"

6053535793_2382e01ff6.jpg

"Nike" is a brand of shoes. The Duggar girls say it when someone defrauding walks by to remind the boys to look at their shoes, not the person.

"Nike" is a brand of shoes. The Duggar girls say it when someone defrauding walks by to remind the boys to look at their shoes, not the person.

Thanks, formergothardite, I never knew the full explanation that it was a reminder to look at the shoes. I wonder how many of the Duggar boys will develop a foot fetish?

It doesn't quite fit the theme of the thread (hey, maybe we need an LOLGeoff thread!), since it's squeaky clean, but I couldn't resist:

6057905808_4fab684ca4_z.jpg

I don't need to give this the LOL treatment, since it has been done for me.

This is from Joshua Titus (gotta get that middle name in!) Phillips' blog about boys' adventure writers:

b-thumb.jpg

His caption: Phillip and Francois compare swords.

Can someone explain the Nike pic then? I don't see any immodesty.

It seems like anything that might tempt the Duggar boys, even if most people would not find the garb of the woman in question the least bit immodest, is something the family frowns on, and that might make them call "Nike!" to get the boys to look at their shoes.

Things that most people would just find attractive, or cool on a hot day, they seem to find shocking, as do many of the sex-obsessed people on whom we snark.

They blame the woman for being "defrauding" -- that is, they feel her exposure of skin is offering sex she will not deliver and that their boys wouldn't claim.

So, on to the pic.

Some of the women here find Cleve attractive. And we sometimes joke, when we see a man looking good and not totally covered up, that he is "defrauding" us, or that we need to look down at our shoes so as not to be tempted. So, just the sight of Cleve (especially sweaty, and in a somewhat clingy shirt), is "defrauding" - he need not be truly exposed.

I found it a nice coincidence that his shirt has the little Nike "swoosh" symbol on it. So, shirt is telling us "Nike!"

I think the pic was originally posted on the "modesty fail" thread because Cleve is holding a tape measure near his groin, as if to hint at his measure as a man. :lol:

Oooohhhhhhhhh, that's what it means.

I cme up with a completely different explanation :? Then again, with fundies like the Duggars, it doesn't seem too strange to me that the lustful men who lack self control would consider it a victory (what 'nike' means in archaic Greek) that they didn't get a boner instantly upon being defrauded.

Archived