IGNORED

Rachel M. is pregnant

PBrooke

As stated in her blog. I know we've pounded the whole "pet fundies" thing in the dirt, but again, I can't help rooting for this one - their culture values children above everything else and it's been more difficult for her than the rest of her family members. Mostly, I've got my fingers crossed that everything turns out safely - she always seems like the most fragile S'Morton to me.

wesleaandcompany.blogspot.com/

She has two boys, but she lost another baby pretty far into the pregnancy and hadn't announced a pregnancy since. It'd been a long time (at least for the S'Mortons), and in her family that's not normal. Her sister and sister-in-law have averaged a baby a year so far, and another sister-in-law had her first right around her 1st wedding anniversary.

I can't help rooting for this one - their culture values children above everything else and it's been more difficult for her than the rest of her family members.

Meh. I think I will save my sympathy for people who desperately want children and can't have any, rather than people who have two children and desperately want ten more. However, I have sympathy on the loss of the baby. That was very sad.

I thought this thread was going to refer to Rachel Maddow :doh:

OMG. That would be so much more excellent! :pray: Please R. Maddow -- pass on your awesomeness genetically!

OMG. That would be so much more excellent! :pray: Please R. Maddow -- pass on your awesomeness genetically!

I'd be much more interested in a baby Maddow than I am in yet another Morton.

I think she lost baby #3 around 20 wks or so. And I think with her first child he was born sort of early as well... like maybe 4-5 weeks early. Kind of makes you wonder if she just went into early labor w/ the one she lost. At any rate I hope this baby "keeps" for them.

How tragic! what happened?

I don't think it was ever said. I checked her blog, and it just mentions moving on after the loss with the help of Wes' mother. She used the name Timothy so it was anther boy, maybe that's where Darth and Noah got the middle name.

We originally learned it was a boy (before she posted about him way later) because Papa Smith posted about it on his facebook, but again, no details were given. EDIT: I Do remember she was on bedrest for some time before that, though, back when her facebook was public.

However, I doubt N & D necessarily got the name from them, because Noah's father's name is Tim, so chances are the baby's just got his middle name from his paternal grandfather.

In at least one of Rachel's deliveries (the first one, I think?) she had some sort of complications and Wes decided she needed to get to the hospital. I've always liked him just a teeny bit more after reading that - unlike some fundie dads we know.

Me too! Her and her partner should have a child and continue the awesome.

We originally learned it was a boy (before she posted about him way later) because Papa Smith posted about it on his facebook, but again, no details were given. EDIT: I Do remember she was on bedrest for some time before that, though, back when her facebook was public.

However, I doubt N & D necessarily got the name from them, because Noah's father's name is Tim, so chances are the baby's just got his middle name from his paternal grandfather.

In at least one of Rachel's deliveries (the first one, I think?) she had some sort of complications and Wes decided she needed to get to the hospital. I've always liked him just a teeny bit more after reading that - unlike some fundie dads we know.

Ahh, I always forget about the parents names. And I never think of them having facebook.

Yes, this happened during the labor of their first child. She delivered 15-20 minutes after she arrived at the hospital.

As much as Wes looks great in this scenario, what are the chances that the attending midwife suggested Rachel should go to the hospital, Wes and Rachel agree, and everyone attributes this decision to Wes, when it was actually the midwife?

Archived