IGNORED

Child Preachers

keen23

This is from the Huffington Post, so I didn't break the link- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/1 ... 28208.html

I saw a clip of this kid preaching this morning on our local Fox channel and was kind of disgusted. The actions of the kid are so over the top, it's not funny.

Is this a male equivalent of the Pageant Mom syndrome?

The child featured in this video isn't the only kid out there who's "preaching." Check youtube, there are others.

Is he actually saying anything that an adult preacher would say? I've seen news clips, but it seemed like he was repeating himself.

Is he actually saying anything that an adult preacher would say? I've seen news clips, but it seemed like he was repeating himself.

I've been so some Baptist churches where the adult preacher DID just repeat himself. One Easter morning at my Grandparents' Freewill Baptist church the preacher just kept saying "And they rolled that stone away and he wasn't in there and I'M GLAD HE WASN'T IN THERE!!!!" Over and over and over and over. It was like he got stuck on a loop. I felt like we should stomp the floor like you do with a record player but he was already jumping up and down around the room so I guess that probably wouldn't have helped.

I've been so some Baptist churches where the adult preacher DID just repeat himself. One Easter morning at my Grandparents' Freewill Baptist church the preacher just kept saying "And they rolled that stone away and he wasn't in there and I'M GLAD HE WASN'T IN THERE!!!!" Over and over and over and over. It was like he got stuck on a loop. I felt like we should stomp the floor like you do with a record player but he was already jumping up and down around the room so I guess that probably wouldn't have helped.

:lol:

Guest Anonymous

Aw, I find that really sad. Reminds me of the lovely young lad on Jesus Camp who preached snippets of nonsense too, and was hailed as a preacher.

Mind you, I too went to a church where the preachers repeated crap over and over and that was not funny, when they were invited back time and again!

:D

It's mimicry, plain and simple. Look at the video of him as an infant. No real words involved, just tone and motion.

...stomp the floor like you do with a record player but he was already jumping up and down around the room so I guess that probably wouldn't have helped.

:laughing-rolling:

Archived