IGNORED

Cosmos, anyone?

RandomTrivia

Is anyone else watching the new Cosmos?

I have them all on the DVR, but have only watched bits and pieces. I'd like to watch with my son, but at almost-8, he made it through a few minutes before he started worrying about black holes and supernovas, so I gave up. :( Maybe next month I'll try again.

I am alternately either gobsmacked by or getting a kick out of all the fundies who are so overwrought about the science. OMG evolution!!!111eleventy!!!

I'm watching it with my husband and teen son. They're really into it. I like that Tyson doesn't shy away from the controversial topics. When he talked about evolution he showed how wolves became domesticated into dogs. Who doesn't like dogs, right? Good choice. He also talked about how eyes developed, which I thought was addressed straight at the creationists. :nenner:

Go science!

Watching it, but not enjoying as much as the original. Liking the history behind major discoveries and those who made them (almost like a science gossip column in a way :lol: ), but the animation part of it comes across as childish at times. Sometimes wish it was a bit more of the hard science like the first.

I thought the very end of the first episode where Tyson was describing when he met Sagan is a kid was so touching.

I watch it both on Sunday on Fox and again on Monday on NatGeo. Can you tell how much I love this stuff?

As for the animation, at least it's not like the animation on Family Guy or American Dad. I don't mind it on those shows, but it wouldn't be appropriate here.

I have loved every episode so far and I do look forward to watching the next one. Love this show and love how Tyson doesn't shy away from telling it like it is. I always gasp an "oh ho!" when he comes out with something that is a direct jab to the Creationists! Ha! Love it!

Archived