IGNORED

Nienie hacked on Instagram / GOMI snark

Cheetah

Anyone else been following this? Nienie's official instagram account somehow got the name changed from nieniedialogues to nieniedilogues (lost the 'a'). Speculation is that she or one of her kids did that accidentally. Then someone swooped in and grabbed her old name, and has been posting some funny stuff making fun of a few of the things she gets snarked on for... eg, a pic of a bus, with comments about glass stars (this only makes sense if you read the Nieniedialogue blog).

Anyway, here's a link to the hacked instagram page:

http://web.stagram.com/n/nieniedialogues/

There's a big thread on this at GOMI under mommy/daddy bloggers. The recent stuff goes back about 10 pages at this point (the whole thread is over 900 pages long).

I haven't read all the OMI posts on the "hacking" thing. I know one of the posters said something about one of Nie's fangirls trying to blame a GOMI poster. The Nielsons and their fanbase have been aware of GOMI for a couple of years now. One of Christian's sisters occasionally posts over there and she defended once before. I find it interesting that the sister never seems to get upset about a lot of stuff people say about Christian and Stephanie.

I got sucked into reading the comments. It looks like penguingirl83 is one of Nie's biggest fangirls. She is accusing the person running the IG of stalking the Nielsons and knowing their a lot of their info regarding finances and posting shit on GOMI. Some of the GOMI posters know stuff about the Nielsons because they live in Provo and/or are connected to LDS communities. I have read at least a dozen NieNie encounters/sightings stories on GOMI and usually those people ran into her somewhere in Provo or they saw her at an LDS event. A lot of info on the Nielsons' is available via public record and through public business sites. The Nielsons are too fucking oblivious to realize that they can't fool everyone. IIRC, Christian's insurance business license lapsed a year ago and that has lead to speculation about how the Nielsons make their money. Nie's fangirls are idiots for the most part. They don't see that NieNie is a snob and NieNie doesn't care about anyone unless they are upper middle class or wealthy Mormons.

Does her blog make enough for them to live on? They just built a new house and they go on tons of vacations.

Does her blog make enough for them to live on? They just built a new house and they go on tons of vacations.

Online speculation is that her blog, at least makes low six figures. I have heard and read that Provo has a low cost of living which might help them. They filed lawsuits against of the City of St. John's Arizona and a utility company that had placed poles where the crash happened. On GOMI, readers kept checking court records and I think it was mentioned that there was an advisement to settle. The numerous vacations is what makes many people wonder about the Nielsons' finances and now with the Fox Hill house too. I do wonder if that plastic surgeon that she does is possibly doing pro-bono work on Nie.

I assumed people donated money for her surgeries

I think they did. I kind of remember hearing that donations were still be collected up until a couple of years ago. I do wonder if the surgeon maybe waived additional fees.

Interesting development. On the topic of NieNie's finances, how cheap must Provo be to allow them to build a large, custom house on her (possibly) "low six figures" blog income with so much ongoing medical debt? I mean, it may be believable if they had no debt and a nice savings, but if they had large medical bills from the crash and ongoing medical expenses, how do they wrangle so much ready cash? Are they living off donations? Wealthy family money? I have to admit to some envy. We live in a pretty inexpensive area and a new house like theirs would be easily in the half a million range in the suburbs. Maybe hubby and I should think about moving to Provo.....

Interesting development. On the topic of NieNie's finances, how cheap must Provo be to allow them to build a large, custom house on her (possibly) "low six figures" blog income with so much ongoing medical debt? I mean, it may be believable if they had no debt and a nice savings, but if they had large medical bills from the crash and ongoing medical expenses, how do they wrangle so much ready cash? Are they living off donations? Wealthy family money? I have to admit to some envy. We live in a pretty inexpensive area and a new house like theirs would be easily in the half a million range in the suburbs. Maybe hubby and I should think about moving to Provo.....

Lol, half a million would get you 1200 square feet, one bathroom, 60 years old, no updates where I live. Almost everyone I know rents.

That said, I always got the impression they had some kind of family money going on. Their lifestyle before the accident seemed pretty expensive.

Some of their medical bills which weren't covered by insurances were written off the by the hospital foundation iirc. Both Christian and Stephanie come from upper middle class families. Her sister C.Jane mentioned a few years back on the blog that all of the Clark kids received trust funds, but I don't think she revealed the amount of the trust funds. I think they have possibly lived off some of the donations. I do wonder how they manage to travel around a quite bit, while Stephanie still has ongoing medical issues. I remember she said last year that one of her fingers had to be amputated. She will probably undergo more surgeries, that is why I wonder if that plastic surgeon has some kind of pro bono agreement with her.

Jesus I wish I could earn half a million just writing a blog.

Don't we all ? I didn't read her blog pre-crash, but I don't know how she became popular. My guess is she was well known in the Mormon mommy blogger circles and then her audience spread. She gained new readers after the crash, but from looking at GOMI and sometimes here at FJ, it looks like many of those people have turned on her.

Stephanie's sister in Page bought a house for her and Christian at one point. Both families are well off but it appears that Christian doesn't work.

Stephanie's sister in Page bought a house for her and Christian at one point. Both families are well off but it appears that Christian doesn't work.

Actually, he sells life insurance or does financial planning, something of that sort. There is a link on her blog to his business.

Actually, he sells life insurance or does financial planning, something of that sort. There is a link on her blog to his business.

I thought the GOMI peeps found that his license has lapsed?

They did find out about the lapsed license a few months back. But a recent search on records shows that his license is now active. I wonder if Christian had been reading GOMI lol? The GOMI peeps said sometime in late January or early February that the license lapsed last April. Maybe Christian was taking time off from the business. But I think it is still safe to say that Nie's blog income, speaking gigs, and maybe some book royalties contribute to their lifestyle. She probably isn't making much in book royalties. I don't think her book became a mega hit, even though it was heavily promoted on talk shows, morning shows, etc. I remember online speculation that the book might have been movie optioned. I haven't found anything about that.

I think Nie has lost some fans as evidenced by some of the posts on GOMI. I think some of her her fellow Mormons who know about her, are pretty much over her. I think in time, her blog might see less profits. On the speaking gig circuit, she is limited in many ways. I can't see her agreeing to speak at non-Mormon churches and let's face some it non-Mormon churches wouldn't hire a Mormon speaker. As for speaking gigs around Utah, I wouldn't be surprised if people are turned off by Stephanie and Christian due to the bus thing. I think Nielsons hang themselves at times, but they won't admit it.

I gather Provo is pretty cheap. I'm not 100% sure and I don't care enough to look up real estate values there but they're doing OK income-wise and I believe they may have had some family help. It's certainly not NYC/Boston/DC/San Francisco/etc. prices.

They did find out about the lapsed license a few months back. But a recent search on records shows that his license is now active. I wonder if Christian had been reading GOMI lol? The GOMI peeps said sometime in late January or early February that the license lapsed last April. Maybe Christian was taking time off from the business. But I think it is still safe to say that Nie's blog income, speaking gigs, and maybe some book royalties contribute to their lifestyle. She probably isn't making much in book royalties. I don't think her book became a mega hit, even though it was heavily promoted on talk shows, morning shows, etc. I remember online speculation that the book might have been movie optioned. I haven't found anything about that.

I think Nie has lost some fans as evidenced by some of the posts on GOMI. I think some of her her fellow Mormons who know about her, are pretty much over her. I think in time, her blog might see less profits. On the speaking gig circuit, she is limited in many ways. I can't see her agreeing to speak at non-Mormon churches and let's face some it non-Mormon churches wouldn't hire a Mormon speaker. As for speaking gigs around Utah, I wouldn't be surprised if people are turned off by Stephanie and Christian due to the bus thing. I think Nielsons hang themselves at times, but they won't admit it.

Yeah, Christian going off about the poors and other undesirables riding the bus through his neighborhood appeared to turn a lot of people off, if the comments on the paper were any indication.

How?

I'm not sure how she got back. I know her douche husband Christian and her fangirls were saying that IG should get involved and give the name back to Stephanie.

I'm not sure how she got back. I know her douche husband Christian and her fangirls were saying that IG should get involved and give the name back to Stephanie.

Puke.

Ugh. :handgestures-thumbdown:

The person who was running the fake IG account also started a wordpress blog (because the real NieNie never bothered to register her name on wordpress, I guess). She's posting some of the same stuff that was on the IG account. Also this comment on the rainbow heart post:

"Hi there. IG removed it because user terms & conditions state that you are not to impersonate other people, even if it’s just satire. They do it to cover their asses & also to prevent cyber bullying (I had a sister in middle school get cyberbullied through a fake account—not harmless as this case was). They are overly cautious for liability reasons. Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be more fodder for the nie groupies vs nie trolls wars soon."

Here's the fake blog:

http://nieniedialogues.wordpress.com

Archived