IGNORED

GOP Candidate runs to keep evolution out of school.

doggie

What an idiot lets ignore the constitution. And of course parents should choose what their kids learn in school because they have no biases or anything. How can it be freedom when you want to take someone else's freedom away? it just gets me when the whole teach religion in science class is going on. If you can't work out the differences there should you be a politician?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/0 ... 07342.html

Aaron Miller, a Republican congressional candidate in Minnesota, said a big reason he's running is to end classroom instruction on evolution, according to the Mankato Free Press.

Miller, a hospital account manager and Iraq War veteran, said during the congressional district's Republican Party convention in Albert Lea on Saturday that Minnesota needs more religious freedom. He cited an incident in which his daughter was forced to learn evolution in school.

According to the Mankato Free Press:

He also called for more religious freedoms. He repeated his story about his daughter returning home from school because evolution was being taught in her class. He said the teacher admitted to not believing in the scientific theory to his daughter but told her that the government forced him to teach the lesson.

What an idiot lets ignore the constitution. And of course parents should choose what their kids learn in school because they have no biases or anything. How can it be freedom when you want to take someone else's freedom away? it just gets me when the whole teach religion in science class is going on. If you can't work out the differences there should you be a politician?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/0 ... 07342.html

Aaron Miller, a Republican congressional candidate in Minnesota, said a big reason he's running is to end classroom instruction on evolution, according to the Mankato Free Press.

Miller, a hospital account manager and Iraq War veteran, said during the congressional district's Republican Party convention in Albert Lea on Saturday that Minnesota needs more religious freedom. He cited an incident in which his daughter was forced to learn evolution in school.

According to the Mankato Free Press:

He also called for more religious freedoms. He repeated his story about his daughter returning home from school because evolution was being taught in her class. He said the teacher admitted to not believing in the scientific theory to his daughter but told her that the government forced him to teach the lesson.

So, he's an idiot. The feds, to my knowledge, don't set curriculum-- the states do and local school boards do . Given I had front row seats to this "debate" in KS :popcorn2: I am happy to report that as of last year..

The Kansas State Board of Education voted Tuesday to adopt the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), a

Officials in Kansas previously helped craft the K-12 curriculum with the help of 25 other states and several national organizations. The standards have already been approved by state boards in Rhode Island and Kentucky, according to Education Week.

I know a person or who spend decades fighting to remove evolution from public schools and I have no sympathy for them that they failed. If this man wants to waste decades of time on this, I hope he fails as well.

I went to a private Anglican school, we where taught evolution by the science teachers and creation by the religion teachers... I also got an A on a speak for English class about if we are to have religious studies (40 mins a week) them they should teach us about all religions not just ours, we then had our religion teachers start discussions in the next class. It was actually pretty fun.

I used to live in that district. Voted for the incumbent Tim Walz-D four times.

Hey Duggars, go campaign for this guy and send him a bit of your special good luck

there you go. I hate these idiots that expect schools to throw away science to teach religion. These people are so selfish and so narrow minded.

Based on my, completely unscientific, review of the SOTDRT curriculum it appears that they do not believe in grammar, higher mathematics or twentieth century literature either.

Based on my, completely unscientific, review of the SOTDRT curriculum it appears that they do not believe in grammar, higher mathematics or twentieth century literature either.

Agree!!

So don't have your kids stick around in science class. Just like zoologists can't forbid churches from discussing Noah's Ark, fundies can't dictate what's taught in a science classroom because it contradicts their religious beliefs. If they want to fight the science, then provide the research. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. I guess I do. Fundies base their entire world on faith alone. To them, the world is the way it is because someone declared it so. They can't understand that science doesn't work that way.

I'm to the point where I have nothing left to say. I think most of the politicians who talk the anti-evolution game are being glib...they know their base loves any kind of public school shit-stirring, so the politicians get out their biggest spoons and start stirring when it comes to campaign time.

I really think Rome is about ready to catch on fire. I try to have hope, but he success of morons like these make me think otherwise.

One of the worst contributions of fundiedom was trying to take one or two translations of the Bible as literally and exactly accurate as history and for faith instruction exactly as written. Sends my blood pressure crazy. And there is seldom any shaking them. They are like Ken just yammering but Biiiiiiibbbbbuuuulllllll.

One of the worst contributions of fundiedom was trying to take one or two translations of the Bible as literally and exactly accurate as history and for faith instruction exactly as written. Sends my blood pressure crazy. And there is seldom any shaking them. They are like Ken just yammering but Biiiiiiibbbbbuuuulllllll.

My experience with the fundie politician inlaw is that over time he becomes more and more narrow and more zealous. Used to be anti abortion, now isn't sure it is even acceptable in case of an ectopic pregnancy. Used to be anti evolution, next thing I know, he's being quoted in some big religous magazine that the earth is 6000ish years old. In the holier than thou wars, he is winning on that race into the corner from which there is no escape.

Archived