IGNORED

Return of the Juice Fast

GeoBQn

Cheryl is back to juice fasting--only now with more bullshit supplements.

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2014/03/why-ive-quit-eating-for-30-days.html

Prepare the juice BEFORE you need it! This is so important, because while juicing, when you are void of nutrients, you are totally depleted! Trembling and a sense of panic will ensue. We prepare our morning juice and lunch juice first thing in the morning and put them in canning jars in the fridge till we need them. Dinner juice is prepped well before the dinner hour.

Ahem:

From Web MD:

http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/diabetes-hypoglycemia

Most people feel symptoms of hypoglycemia when their blood sugar is 70 mg/dL or lower.

Each person with diabetes may have different symptoms of hypoglycemia. You will learn to recognize yours.

Early symptoms of hypoglycemia may include:

Confusion

Dizziness

Feeling shaky

Hunger

Headaches

Irritability

Pounding heart; racing pulse

Pale skin

Sweating

Trembling

Weakness

Anxiety

------

Oil pulling each morning, using coconut oil, helps minimize the white coating I get on my tongue from day 3 on. Plus my mouth feels fresh. There are other benefits to oil pulling as well!

Again from Web MD:

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/ ... lth-thrush

What Causes Thrush?

Small amounts of the candida fungus are present in the mouth, digestive tract, and skin of most healthy people and are normally kept in check by other bacteria and microorganisms in the body. However, certain illnesses, stress, or medications can disturb the delicate balance, causing the fungus candida to grow out of control, causing thrush.

Medications that upset the balance of microorganisms in the mouth and may cause thrush include corticosteroids, antibiotics, and birth control pills. Illnesses or medical situations that make candida infection more likely to develop include uncontrolled diabetes, HIV infection, cancer, dry mouth, or pregnancy (caused by the hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy). People who smoke or wear dentures that don't fit properly also are at increased risk for thrush. In addition, babies can pass the infection to their mothers during breast-feeding.

What Are the Symptoms of Thrush?

Thrush usually develops suddenly, but it may become chronic, persisting over a long period of time. A common sign of thrush is the presence of creamy white, slightly raised lesions in your mouth - usually on your tongue or inner cheeks - but also sometimes on the roof of your mouth, gums, tonsils, or back of your throat. The lesions, which may have a "cottage cheese" appearance, can be painful and may bleed slightly when you scrape them or brush your teeth. In severe cases, the lesions may spread into your esophagus, or swallowing tube, causing:

I don't think this is as healthy as she thinks this is. To me it sounds like she's thoroughly mucking up her blood glucose.

I think this is probably even less healthy than my "juice fast": lots of wine.

What? Wine is juice!

Cheryl is back to juice fasting--only now with more bullshit supplements.

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2014/03/why-ive-quit-eating-for-30-days.html

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was about John Shrader.

Yeah, AnnieC 305, Cheryl's juice fasts never seemed healthy in any way. She once said that she noticed her "kidneys hurt" if she didn't get enough water.

Please, please, please, anyone who considers doing a juice fast go see a doctor or a nutritionist before you make the decision to go ahead.

From the comments...

Hi Cheryl! Congradulations on going again! I love the list you made to take during your juic fast. Great things. I wanted to tell you on Amazon you can orderGreat Lakes Gelatn. Which is unflavored beef gelatin prepared the same way as the chicken broth. I put a spoonfull in my coffee and love it. What makes the broth so healing is the gelatin in it. Your guts are made from the same thing as gelatin. Make sure you buy the grewn can. I read that red is for making jello, and green for drinks. Good luck!

Umm, actually no, your "guts" are highly specialized and complex organs which, in real life, are not made of gelatin.

Honestly, these people just make things up.

From the comments...

Umm, actually no, your "guts" are highly specialized and complex organs which, in real life, are not made of gelatin.

Honestly, these people just make things up.

I actually Googled "human guts made out of gelatin" and found nothing. :lol: I did find people saying that gelatin will heal your gut, but that was as close as I got. People just make the weirdest stuff up.

I actually Googled "human guts made out of gelatin" and found nothing. :lol: I did find people saying that gelatin will heal your gut, but that was as close as I got. People just make the weirdest stuff up.

I think she's mistaking that gelatin has been known to help and/or cure a lot of health problems, including those involving your organs. And that gelatin contains many nutrients needed by your body, particularly with regard to healthy metabolism functions.

However, gelatin is mostly collagen. And your organs are mostly muscle fibers.

We are a carbon-based life form. Graphite is carbon. We are all pencils and should promptly stick one in our eye.

How is my fundie-logic coming up?

We are a carbon-based life form. Graphite is carbon. We are all pencils and should promptly stick one in our eye.

How is my fundie-logic coming up?

Here's some more. I will go on this juice fast which makes me feel terrible and may have some very adverse consequences for my health but I will not use vaccines which have been proven to prevent disease and save lives.

I think she's mistaking that gelatin has been known to help and/or cure a lot of health problems, including those involving your organs. And that gelatin contains many nutrients needed by your body, particularly with regard to healthy metabolism functions.

However, gelatin is mostly collagen. And your organs are mostly muscle fibers.

I agree, she likely heard that gelatin can be helpful to persons suffering with Acid Reflux and Ulcers.

I walked in to my doctor's office with a green smoothie and he lectured me for a good fifteen minutes on the dangers of juice fasting. I was finally able to explain to him that the smoothie was just a snack and I was not fasting in any shape of the word. He told me there is only one type of juice fast that he supports, a snack juice fast where you exchange any food between meals with vegetable juice.

It's all about appeals to nature but when was it ever natural to take in nothing but juice?

It's all about appeals to nature but when was it ever natural to take in nothing but juice?

God provided Adam and Eve with a Vitamix in the Garden of Eden...

Meanwhile there is suspicion that Peaches Geldof died due to juice fasting.

I was just going to say this. I have a couple of friends who do periodic monthly juice fasts, then eat like absolute shit the rest of the time. It's completely baffling.

I was just going to say this. I have a couple of friends who do periodic monthly juice fasts, then eat like absolute shit the rest of the time. It's completely baffling.

I don't understand it either. It's one thing to have a green smoothie for breakfast, but juice for every meal is not healthy.

Archived