IGNORED

Blessings - Fetuses vs Children

FlorenceHamilton

I decided not to hijack the various threads that got me thinking. It seems to me that children are blessings throughout the pregnancy and then through the first deep breath. Then the cry out. From that moment, they become worthless sinners, demanding earthly satisfactions like food, love, shelter and care. From this fundie point of view, the parents job is to rid them of the sin of being human.

From that point, all demands for the meeting of wordly needs are seen as temptations of the devil. It. must. be. beaten. out. of. them.

A blessing = a treat for me

Children are supposed to be blessings for the parent. If they don't get with the program and bless me with unpaid labor, servile gratitude, etc, then they need a whuppin'.

Beaten out of them or handed off to an older sibling to care for while mom gets busy forcing god to 'give' her yet another blessing.

Many are more focused on the having of kids than they are on the loving, raising and caring for kids. They lose their value once they leave the womb open for another.

It seems like Michelle is sooo excited about the baby that's in utero but the second they are not sucking on her inverted nipples she looses interest.

A blessing = a treat for me

Children are supposed to be blessings for the parent. If they don't get with the program and bless me with unpaid labor, servile gratitude, etc, then they need a whuppin'.

This. Children seem to be more about stroking a fundie mom's ego rather than the unique human beings they actually are.

so if Christian babies are blessings what are the rest of us's babies?

That is the ultimate question that I don't think a single fundie could explain since blessings come from their god because they live as they interpret their god as telling them to live. They are entirely incapable of explaining the existence of all the other children in the world born to all the other people with all the other belief systems. They are incapable of any explanation for a planet holding six billion human beings who were conceived and given birth to.

so if Christian babies are blessings what are the rest of us's babies?

God only gave babies to us evil heathens so that we could give them to infertile fundies to adopt.

God only gave babies to us evil heathens so that we could give them to infertile fundies to adopt.

Or, to intentionally create miserable lives for Christians to save. The non-Christian child isn't a real child, it is a cause given to a fundie to teach that fundie to give and save.

All non-Christians exist to give fundie Christians a cause. That's how god works. He uses lives and experiences of others just to give lessons and messages to his true followers.

also all those 3rd world Christians that keep having babies because they are nto allowed birth control. Those babies that starve to death. are those gods blessings too?

also all those 3rd world Christians that keep having babies because they are nto allowed birth control. Those babies that starve to death. are those gods blessings too?

They don't count because they are not real Christians. The Christian of the Western world - well, mostly of the United States - is the only right Christian.

They don't count because they are not real Christians. The Christian of the Western world - well, mostly of the United States - is the only right Christian.

ya that must be it.

Well, I fall into the children=blessings category. And like all blessings, you are tasked to be a good steward of them: love them, educate them, protect them from harm, make sure they have what they need to grow into good people. A happy childhood is one of the greatest gifts you can give a human being, and most parents have the capacity to provide it. It's the least I can do for the joy and naches that I get from parenting them.

This is going to sound horribly sappy and make a lot of people roll their eyes, but I have moments throughout the day, every day, when I am so happy to have my children that it almost makes me cry. They are such wonderful humans, and they all have a unique way of being that I am lucky to experience.

I don't believe in original sin. I cannot imagine holding a newborn and not being filled with wonder and hope. Whatever is wrong with my children came from their father and I, either through DNA or upbringing.

I think the definition of a blessing is something god bestows on someone. So I can see if you don't have sex and you have a child then it is a blessing. But having sex is how you have children and you don't need god for that. Children are a responsibility they are work. you have those feelings so you are willing to work so many years to raise them. But god does not impregnate you so how can you give him credit for the child?

God did not impregnate me, but I believe that my children are in my life for a reason--these particular children with their own unique selves instead of all the other random combinations that our genes could have produced--and that I am lucky to have them. Maybe it is a difference in the definition of 'blessing'. I don't think that I was given them because I did something right or am better than other people.

so what you are saying is god stuck his finger in your womb and stirred things around? Then that means god makes some parents suffer with sociopaths as children because he did not like those parents as much as you?

do you see what I am saying here? if god helped you why did he not help the parents with the kid that loves to kill? This is always the problem when you claim god does things for you but leaves some people really messed up.

Archived