IGNORED

It was inevitable! - Home Circumcision

teddybear

If I really wanted a home circ on my son I would ask a Rabbi who has done hundreds. I'm Christian so I don't know if he would but I still wouldn't do it myself.

eta, I freak out over clipping baby's nails let alone cuting skin of his future favorite bits.

A lot of non-Jewish people will hire a mohel to do their son's circumcision because they are often more skilled than a doctor.

Augh. stupid stupid stupid. WHY? It's not illegal. She could have found someone to do it properly. She might even have found someone to do it for free, if she had a financial issue.

Stupid people should not be allowed to have children. What the hell would make someone think that DIY circumcision is a good idea? WHAT?

I learned to french braid my hair from youtube videos and online instructions. Who would attempt to physically, surgically, alter their child in the same way?

I am baffled. And, scared.

Wonder what kind of fundie this one was?

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/aug/16/ ... .ly/qM90hn

There are some things better left to a professional!

That was the crazy kind of fundie. The even crazier than the normal crazy kind. Mohels do circumcisions in peoples' houses all the time. I've seen at least a dozen. It's over quick, hardly any crying, then everyone eats some bagels and cream cheese. But this is not something someone does by themselves! She could've deformed the baby or even killed it. What disturbs me more is there are apparently YouTube videos describing the process. Who does that?

That was the crazy kind of fundie. The even crazier than the normal crazy kind. Mohels do circumcisions in peoples' houses all the time. I've seen at least a dozen. It's over quick, hardly any crying, then everyone eats some bagels and cream cheese. But this is not something someone does by themselves! She could've deformed the baby or even killed it. What disturbs me more is there are apparently YouTube videos describing the process. Who does that?

IT might have been a video of a Mohel who knows what the heck s/he is doing!!!11! :doh: What she forgot to do was hire the Mohel in the first place. What's next? Open heart surgery at home?!?

There was a man in NC convicted for doing this about 2 years ago. He circumcised the infants with a box cutter using information he had seen online. He had a history of abuse towards his ex-wife and the other woman he claimed to be married to at the same time, and both said they were afraid to try to stop him. Evidently, he had done the same thing to a 3rd child of his, by yet another woman, in the Charlotte area, but wasn't charged for that one. Of course, he claimed God told him to do it.

I'm all for DIY, but come on! This woman is crazy. Now if I could get my son to build me a laser for DIY Lasik I might be tempted, but I am not messing with parts that aren't mine!

IT might have been a video of a Mohel who knows what the heck s/he is doing!!!11! :doh: What she forgot to do was hire the Mohel in the first place. What's next? Open heart surgery at home?!?

That would be a little better, I suppose. Though what would a Mohel be putting such a thing on YouTube for? You would think s/he would expect other mohels to be properly trained without resorting to YouTube, and I have a hard time believing that there would be a mohel who would think the general public should perform circumcisions. So why would anyone let such a thing get on YouTube? Though I imagine you could find out how to do anything online, even illegal things. Even open heart surgery probably

My brother and his wife just had a baby and used a female mohel (mohelet) for the bris. She not only completed the procedure without a hitch, but she was the first medical professional to notice that the baby was tongue-tied. (She used to be an Ear-Nose-Throat doctor before she apparently switched what body part to focus on.) They were able to get that taken care of sooner rather than later, thanks to her.

Guest Anonymous
My brother and his wife just had a baby and used a female mohel (mohelet) for the bris. She not only completed the procedure without a hitch, but she was the first medical professional to notice that the baby was tongue-tied. (She used to be an Ear-Nose-Throat doctor before she apparently switched what body part to focus on.) They were able to get that taken care of sooner rather than later, thanks to her.

This wasn't in illinois by any chance? If her name was Carol, she is a dear dear friend of mine and an AMAZING lady. :)

I'm afraid to click on the article. What do they mean she "tried" to circumsize the baby? Dare I ask what happened to the baby? I don't think I want to know.

Would you stitch up your child if they had a deep cut? Would you remove a tumor or a pre cancerous birthmark? NO! WHY of WHY would you circumcise your own child??? And biblically, it should have been dad doing it... PALMFACE

I watched some youtube videos and decided I could cut my boyfriends hair. It didn't turn out so great. Luckily, it grew back. Maybe the kid's penis will grow back?

why didn't she just have him circumsized when he was in the hospital after being born.... or wait, was this a home birth in the first place?

The articles say that he almost died. She used pliers and a boxcutter and then tried to stitch him up. I cant even imagine...

:o that poor baby, I don't even...

The articles say that he almost died. She used pliers and a boxcutter and then tried to stitch him up. I cant even imagine...

Oh my God.

She tried to find a dr to do it but couldn't so she decided to go it alone. The myspace page is freaky. It's says she's married but there's no mention of dad anywhere, including in the court stuff. The kids are in state custody and not with him. That's odd...

Archived