IGNORED

pastor accidentally flooded Texas by praying too hard

doggie

How can you chase the devil out of texas would rick perry leave voluntarily?? There would be no government left.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/25/o ... -too-hard/

An Oklahoma pastor this week said that his attempt to remove demons from the United States had worked a little too well, causing a severe drought to turn into massive flooding.

In an appearance on the Christian Internet broadcast Generals International, Church on the Rock Pastor John Benefiel recalled how he had used a “divorce decree†to severe Baal’s hold on drought-stricken states like Texas and Oklahoma.

“There was no rain in sight, no rain forecast at all,†he said. “But literally the day after we first used this Baal divorce decree in 2007 — we declared it in a meeting together — the rains came. And we ended up having more rain between February and June of 2007 than any other 12 month period in history.â€

Benefiel said that the ceremony was repeated in Texas, Kansas and Missouri.

“And at one point and every lake of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri were at or above flood stage,†the pastor noted. “And that’s what Chuck [Pierce] had prophecized, that when you see this happen, those are areas targeted for a Holy Spirit invasion.â€

Benefiel also claimed that the effects of “divorce decree†lasted into the next year, protecting Oklahoma from the recession of 2008.

According to NPR, at least 22 people were killed during the floods of 2007. Thousands more lost their homes.

Watch the video below from Generals International, broadcast March 24, 2014.

THIS, this is why I am not coming out of my corner just yet... ( except to snark and get me and koala another bottle of 'grape juice') stupid fundies

Oklahoma: Where summer tropical weather = Holy Spirit Invasion :roll:

I do remember those floods. We were in the middle of moving to a new house and everything was so muddy and soggy.

How can you chase the devil out of texas would rick perry leave voluntarily?? There would be no government left.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/25/o ... -too-hard/

An Oklahoma pastor this week said that his attempt to remove demons from the United States had worked a little too well, causing a severe drought to turn into massive flooding.

In an appearance on the Christian Internet broadcast Generals International, Church on the Rock Pastor John Benefiel recalled how he had used a “divorce decree†to severe Baal’s hold on drought-stricken states like Texas and Oklahoma.

“There was no rain in sight, no rain forecast at all,†he said. “But literally the day after we first used this Baal divorce decree in 2007 — we declared it in a meeting together — the rains came. And we ended up having more rain between February and June of 2007 than any other 12 month period in history.â€

Benefiel said that the ceremony was repeated in Texas, Kansas and Missouri.

“And at one point and every lake of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri were at or above flood stage,†the pastor noted. “And that’s what Chuck [Pierce] had prophecized, that when you see this happen, those are areas targeted for a Holy Spirit invasion.â€

Benefiel also claimed that the effects of “divorce decree†lasted into the next year, protecting Oklahoma from the recession of 2008.

According to NPR, at least 22 people were killed during the floods of 2007. Thousands more lost their homes.

Watch the video below from Generals International, broadcast March 24, 2014.

Since he has acknowledged responsibility, I suggest that people who lost homes, businesses or loved ones begin legal action against this moron idiotman of god. A guy who caused a flood in MO by damaging a dike ended up in prison... this guy should as well, if he weilds prayer so poorly.

Chuck Pierce and Generals INternational are serious nutjobs, politically involved religious nutjobs. The group I know of that is affiliated with them in KS is much too "in" with our governor... Whichis part of what brought me to FJ in the first place.

Since he has acknowledged responsibility, I suggest that people who lost homes, businesses or loved ones begin legal action against this moron idiotman of god. A guy who caused a flood in MO by damaging a dike ended up in prison... this guy should as well, if he weilds prayer so poorly.

Chuck Pierce and Generals INternational are serious nutjobs, politically involved religious nutjobs. The group I know of that is affiliated with them in KS is much too "in" with our governor... Whichis part of what brought me to FJ in the first place.

Hahahaha but how can he cause them when this deity they say exists has it all planned?that would make praying useless.. Stupid fuckwit fundies, ya get more sence outta a pot head/ crack addict.

I'm too lazy to check this for sure, but I'm pretty sure that most of Texas' lakes have been BELOW normal levels for pretty much the entirity of the last decade. IIRC, Lake Travis has been at red level drought since like 2011?

Texas is in the midst of one of the worst droughts in many decades. There are muiti-million dollar homes in my community which used to be waterfront estates. Since this area is a peninsula, some homes are on a river, some are lakefront. Now- there's a huge cliff down to what remains of our formerly beautiful waterfront properties. The boat launches and boathouses are not even close to the water any longer.

Also, most boats aren't able to run due to the lake's low level.

My 2 person adult household now has an average $450 water bill monthly.

The egomaniacal preacher needs to shut up. We are in a world of hurt regarding water resources. Did the dude lose the ability to pray or what??? . Texas is in a very dire situation, at least in the DFW metroplex and suburbs. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Since I grew up ( literally) with George Wallace or his wife as Governor, I think Rick Perry is mostly OK. It's all a matter of degree of fanaticism in the South, apparently.

Still doesn't negate the true problems we are having with droughts which is really not humorous to those of us in the midst of it. Not being a native Texan, I'm not used to living in a desert. Hate it.

Since I grew up ( literally) with George Wallace or his wife as Governor, I think Rick Perry is mostly OK. It's all a matter of degree of fanaticism in the South, apparently.

Still doesn't negate the true problems we are having with droughts which is really not humorous to those of us in the midst of it. Not being a native Texan, I'm not used to living in a desert. Hate it.

Mostly ok? I guess cutting pretty much all woman's services is ok? having one of the lowest quality healthcare and the highest amount of uninsured people? of course it is not all rick but he is the ring leader of the nutjobs.

I was at the Capitol protesting the abortion bill and watching the hearings last summer, and in my opinion Perry is the ringleader, but there are more than enough lackeys trying to outdo him when it comes to right wing-nuttiness. He doesn't have a monopoly on it, and I'm very afraid of what will happen in the elections this fall...but back to the original topic, yes the drought is astonishing, and flash floods like this pastor supposedly unleashed on us will not do enough to help our lakes or the aquifer. We need a couple of months of slow and steady rain from El Nino, or a few nice big tropical storms this summer.

I apologize for my personal position of neutrality on the issues of the uninsured and abortion activism, as I realize it's not popular here.

We make our own choices in life and create our own destinies by completing advanced degrees in career fields which are high demand ( or marry someone who also has, and " retire"). I will always be insured, and I am past the age of needing to care whether I can have an abortion in Texas. My priorities in life have changed, and most people's do over time. I'm really not concerned with what " other people" do, or have, or want. That's my right, as well.

Also think that since we are not carbon copies of others, I have the right to think Perry has helped Texas's job markets, housing markets, etc- He's the anti-Obama and for me personally, that's not a bad thing at all. I'm not for " spreading the wealth".

We make our own wealth and success if we are smart.

The point was, and is, that Texas' drought totally sucks. :disgust:

I agree Perry is not all bad--I'll take him over Cruz any day :lol: and this is just my opinion, which as you noted, we are all entitled to. I support a lot of his fiscal policies, but as someone still in my reproductive years and raising a daughter of my own, I have definite concerns when it comes to the future of healthcare and women's rights.

I was surprised to see him sending some tentative signals recently about softening his stance on marijuana, although knowing him that's more about increasing tax revenue than moving more toward the center, but there's nothing wrong with increased tax revenue.

I just wish he could somehow persuade the tropics to send us some more moisture and full up our lakes!

I apologize for my personal position of neutrality on the issues of the uninsured and abortion activism, as I realize it's not popular here.

We make our own choices in life and create our own destinies by completing advanced degrees in career fields which are high demand ( or marry someone who also has, and " retire"). I will always be insured, and I am past the age of needing to care whether I can have an abortion in Texas. My priorities in life have changed, and most people's do over time. I'm really not concerned with what " other people" do, or have, or want. That's my right, as well.

Also think that since we are not carbon copies of others, I have the right to think Perry has helped Texas's job markets, housing markets, etc- He's the anti-Obama and for me personally, that's not a bad thing at all. I'm not for " spreading the wealth".

We make our own wealth and success if we are smart.

The point was, and is, that Texas' drought totally sucks. :disgust:

so what yo hare saying you got yours so fuck everyone else right? and the whole share the wealth thing is such a made up thing the only wealth getting shared is the poor and middle class paying the rich to be rich. if you make 150,000 a year you pay on average 49.00 towards welfare but almost 500.00 towards corporate welfare and subsidies. that money only goes to overseas bank accounts. So when texas has the worst medal care in the us and you die of something simple I guess you will be responsible for it by voting for such ilk as rick parry, just my opinion mind you. Hopefully you will not hate the poor forever and be a nicer person to them.

Um, as someone that lives in Texas, Rick Perry is part of the problem in regards to the drought situation. He ignored the situation for quite sometime while still allowing massive amounts of fracking to go on. There are towns in dire need of water, yet at least 50% of the town's water supply is allowed to go to fracking. Did I mention Perry completely denies that Climate Change exists, yet in his declaration states that weather is part of the problem? Hello Gov., we are having record heat due to Climate Change, and that is directly affecting our water supply. Did I also mention the massive amount of fracking going on here is escalating Climate Change? His solution is having state wide prayers for rain. Sure, businesses are coming to Texas because Rick and his type are pro corps and give a lot of incentives to bring them here, but what is the point of bringing in more people to the state if we have these types of issues? It is only adding to the problem. Something needs to be done and praying is not one of those things.

so what yo hare saying you got yours so fuck everyone else right? and the whole share the wealth thing is such a made up thing the only wealth getting shared is the poor and middle class paying the rich to be rich. if you make 150,000 a year you pay on average 49.00 towards welfare but almost 500.00 towards corporate welfare and subsidies. that money only goes to overseas bank accounts. So when texas has the worst medal care in the us and you die of something simple I guess you will be responsible for it by voting for such ilk as rick parry, just my opinion mind you. Hopefully you will not hate the poor forever and be a nicer person to them.

Don't you or anyone else DARE try to put words in my mouth, or attribute negative qualities to MY thoughts which I do not possess. I'm more of a tiger than a kitten when I am provoked like you have provoked me. I do have quite a lot of negative opinions about the fundie lifestyle, not the least of which is the almost across the board lack of emphasis on educational goals and professional excellence in life for each person. The failure or success of a person to achieve and maintain a successful lifestyle is directly related to their effort to acquire a college education in a highly marketable field of study, and then perform in their profession to a high degree of excellence. Texas has MANY high achievers and brilliant minds, just as every state and country does. Intelligence, effort and internal drive is NOT geographical, it is internal.

1) I don't have to be a bleeding heart political liberal. I have always had a conservative political viewpoint because of my value system, which is that we each become what we strive or do not strive to be. My success or failure is my joy or my burden. Your success of failure is your joy or burden, and so on. One of the problems with our society is the lack of personal responsibility and drive to set and reach positive life goals.

2) I said I did not believe in the principle of " sharing or spreading the wealth" and that we are each responsible for our choices to succeed or fail. Therefore, the purpose of your argument against the same is pointless. I am a success because I chose a very marketable profession when I was 17 years old, and had my degree by the time I was 19, and had a great career for as long as I chose to work, which was longer than 30 years. It was my internal joy and reward to be making a very good salary through my own efforts and by living responsibly and investing wisely. Then I married a wealthy man later in life whose intelligence and profession also makes a difference in this world, though in a much different field.

3) I've seen many people come staggering into the E.R., drunk and chain-smoking, complaining of chest pain. Many were cardiac patients who were not compliant with their meds. because they said they could not afford them. However, they made the CHOICE to buy booze and cigarettes and stay addicted to expensive and physically harmful substances. A beta blocker or nitroglycerine prescription can be filled for the cost of a case of cigarettes. This was not in Texas, but the same thing may/ proabaly happens here as an addict is an addict until they decide they hurt enough to get help to break their addiction or addictions.

4) Texas has a huge immigrant population which does not get preventive health care and often does not seek medical attention for serious illnesses. This is neither my fault nor my responsibility. This segment of the Texas population does skew our stats on medical care received. However, the level of medical care provided by health care providers is abundant and very skilled, at least in my area of Texas.

5) I COULD die of something simple, and so could anyone, including you. None of us know what will kill us, but I can tell you that I am savvy enough to find the best health care providers. I am proactive about my health. I have yearly very comprehensive wellness physical exams. I keep a copy of all my test results in a folder for emergency access in case of illness. I know that the results have been normal and pray good health continues as I pursue a healthy and informed lifestyle. It is a part of who I am. I take good care of myself and my pets, and expect my spouse to do the same. Sometimes, he needs direction and encouragement, but I have greatly changed his attitudes about maintaining an optimal state of wellness for the better.

If I (or my spouse) ever need to go to a specialty hospital like Johns Hopkins, an air ambulance will take me there and my insurance will pay all costs. If I need to go to the Cleveland Clinic for some very serious cardiac condition which is best treated at the C.C. ( like heart valve replacement), then my family and I will be there. Lest you forget, the world renowned cancer treatment center, M.D. Anderson, is in Houston. Houston is a city in... TEXAS.

However, I am living in this state because my spouse was promoted to a position within his multi-national corporation which happened to be in Texas. I am neither a cheerleader nor an apologist for any condition considered to be unique to Texas ( but probably isn't), as I reside here but it is not " home in my heart".

6) The cost of health care is high in the USA. I didn't create nor inflate the market. So instead of asking me to give handouts to the undefined poor you refer to, why not ask Texas MDs to volunteer their services to the indigent population, or come up with a solution for the undocumented residents who might not qualify for insured healthcare? Re: Medical care-The state definitely does have MANY very good hospitals, doctors, nurses, etc. but most regions of the country do not have the concentration of centers of excellence that CA and the northern part of the East Coast is lucky enough to have. The best doctors go to the highest reimbursement states, usually, and who can blame them?

This is a well-known fact by those who trend health care quality and outcomes.

I have never been a healthcare provider in the state of Texas, so my assessment of the quality of care is based upon the care my spouse and I have received within our residence in the state. I believe I am very qualified to assess the care we each have received.

7) I do not hate " the poor", and your accusation is disingenuous at the least, and malicious at the worst.

You are making uninformed blanket statements about what is in my heart, mind and soul. I do not hate anyone at all and I do not think that I have ever hated anyone. I hope those who want to work to bring themselves up out of poverty and need achieve their goal. Our household gives generously to several organizations which help the disadvantaged and especially the physically disabled.

8) Your assumption that I voted for Rick Perry is just that- your assumption. It is also not your business, but I didn't vote for him. ( I have only lived here during one campaign and election) . Respect other peoples' boundaries, please, whether you snark or fundies or not.

9) What have YOU done for " the poor" lately, or even in your lifetime? I could tell you what I have done during my career but the specifics are not anyone else's business.

I've said my piece. I will not be responding to any more assumptions about my character, thoughts, or taunts. I don't like bullying, and name-calling and character bashing is a form of bullying, whether a person puts "just my opinion" in their words or not.

I'm not here to argue but I won't be bullied. I treat people with respect and expect the same in return.

Um, as someone that lives in Texas, Rick Perry is part of the problem in regards to the drought situation. He ignored the situation for quite sometime while still allowing massive amounts of fracking to go on. There are towns in dire need of water, yet at least 50% of the town's water supply is allowed to go to fracking. Did I mention Perry completely denies that Climate Change exists, yet in his declaration states that weather is part of the problem? Hello Gov., we are having record heat due to Climate Change, and that is directly affecting our water supply. Did I also mention the massive amount of fracking going on here is escalating Climate Change? His solution is having state wide prayers for rain. Sure, businesses are coming to Texas because Rick and his type are pro corps and give a lot of incentives to bring them here, but what is the point of bringing in more people to the state if we have these types of issues? It is only adding to the problem. Something needs to be done and praying is not one of those things.

Fracking was well underway when we moved here. I think it is very destructive to the environment and water table as well. It also caused a lot of damage to the roadways. I would never support fracking!! I was a part of a group which met with Greg Abbott to discuss documented illegal procedures concerning fracking. ( A former spouse works for the EPA and helped me with the technical aspects of my part of the presentation.) We also had two geologists and a person whose life's work has been conservation and preservation of endangered wildlife. The noise from fracking near eagles' nests on the riverbanks in this area caused them to leave their chicks. The video and photos of the changes to beautiful green spaces and wildlife was astounding... but the damage had already been done by that point. It is heartbreaking.

I don't know if global warming is factual, or if this is a solar cycle. There are intelligent arguments for both.

I don't think Texas' water resource issues are a new problem for most parts of the state. There are many other states where population is outpacing natural resources. I did my part to not over-populate. It is a shock to live in a place with greatly diminished rivers and lakes now. I lived most of my life in a region which had a major river system, with plentiful water resources and hydroelectric power plants at dams which gave very low electricity rates as well.

Business growth and sustained or rising housing prices are two leading indicators of a region's economic health, so I am glad for both, and believe and hope that the drought which is a direct result of diminished rainfall, not overuse of natural resources at this time, will self-correct.

I think it is 98% of scents think chi mate change is true. thaw hard to refute. the ones that argue are usually employed by those that will benefit from it not being real or conservative christians. the whole fracking thing is really starting to show how bad it is. I mean earthquakes??

I think it is 98% of scents think chi mate change is true. thaw hard to refute. the ones that argue are usually employed by those that will benefit from it not being real or conservative christians. the whole fracking thing is really starting to show how bad it is. I mean earthquakes??

Crap. I wished I could remember everything I heard on a panel last week or who was even on it, head still a bit foggy from surgery last week, but I do remember everyone was in agreement that we need to stop fucking around and start taking this stuff seriously. Basically, they are saying it is much worse and accelerating faster than originally thought. Greenland is a hot stop for research and will be the topic of discussion during the Summit in NYC in September. Greenland is basically becoming greener and, of course, some are super excited about that because that means more mining and oil exploration. Yay, money! Of course, many wanting the resources are ignoring the fact that Greenland's ice sheet has been losing its mass over several decades and this is adding to the rise in the sea levels. Got to get that money and resources, though. That is what is really important here. :| This new exploration could very well be a nightmare for Greenland, but I guess that is a whole other topic, eh?

Heathen, this isn't to pick an argument with your belief system, but I'm curious about a couple of things. i'm not asking to be a kicd, I'm genuinely curious in understanding/engaging on the ideas.

1. what does "freedom" look like to you, and what's gov's role in facilitating said freedom? (that is - the classic liberal freedom to be unencumbered by regulation [natural rights trump] or the freedom to be in a community that regulates itself, even if such regulation diminishes said natural rights? or something else entirely?)

2. do you consider that that personal drive/work etc.. to be the determining factor in people's economic and social success? what weight do you accord to different circumstances that might affect a persons capacity to maximize say, educational or professional opportunities?

3. do you believe there are baseline conditions of human existence that need to be met before people can functionally participate in society? what are they? (corollary - if there are; is there an obligation on society to meet some/all/part [you tell me] of those needs, in order to maximize the benefits we can derive from a society composed of functionally participating members?

anyway. i wish the person married was wealthy - the human heart though is a fickle thing :) that said - i'm very happy with my choice; give me an honest, hardworking and committed partner over a wealthy mis-match any day.

Jaelh, not going there again. I expressed my opinions earlier. Basically, I am a live and let live person. OK? :)

Just because I married well ( late in life) does not mean that I married for money or married a " wealthy mis-match". I am extremely happy in and of myself alone, which is the crux of happiness, and also with my spouse and my marriage.

My life is what I have made it. I believe every person has the same right to succeed.

I believe everyone should have the right to succeed, but I realize that not all people have equal opportunities to do so. If given different situations it is likely that I would not have been able to make my life what it is today.

Archived