IGNORED

World vision decides to hire gays, "Christians" freak

notsocommon

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/201 ... riage.html

My summation:

Word vision: we decided not to discriminate based on sexuality

"Christians": * freak out* and threaten to drop child sponsorships, thus letting children starve and die of easily preventable diseases, and pull success to education.

Jesus: * off somewhere banging His head against a wall*

Hmm. I've been supporting another organization monthly for quite some time now. Perhaps, however, I shall send a donation world vision's way..

Oh who am I fooling, no I won't. With the amount of glossy brightest they'll send me... I'm sure it'll eventually add up the cost of more than I donated. (Yes I know it comes out of a different budget, but I still don't like it. It's wasteful, especially with email/the Internet.)

Reading the comments made me feel sick. Ugh. It really grinds my gears when people assume that if someone is gay then they're automatically a pedophile.

Mind you, I've been raised in a family that is very open minded and also have an openly lesbian aunt. My best friend is gay and we work in schools (school picture photographers lol). He's not preying on defenseless children nor looking for youth to corrupt with his wicked, wicked "sexual aberration." He is like an uncle to my son. I TRUST him with my son.

Whatever. I can't change how people think. Only wait 'til they change it themselves. Bravo, WorldVision, bravo. Thank you for recognizing marriage as being between two people. :clap:

Here is an article from a guy admitting that children will suffer because of Christians refusing to support World Vision over this. But he thinks taking a stand against gay marriage is more important. See, if he supports gay marriage those children who have gay parents will suffer, so he is really protecting kids.

thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevinwax/2014/03/24/grieving-for-the-children/

This discourages me. So they would rather let a child go hungry, without medical care and education because they can't stand the idea of gay people working there? That's totally what Jesus would do!! NOT! This is why I was always perfectly fine with giving to secular charities since it always seemed like they cut the b.s. and got straight to the point.

I've been thinking about supporting a child. I now feel motivated to do so.

I've been wanting to support a child and have been struggling to make an informed, ethical decision about which organization to support. Hearing about this decision helped me out a lot.

I'm actually really impressed that they're putting Christian unity ahead of doctrinal disagreements.

I've bought a few of [link=http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/hearts-for-hearts-girls]these dolls[/link] as gifts recently. They're really cute dolls and part of the proceeds go to World Vision, and I like how diverse they are. One of my sisters has the Afghanistan doll who is Muslim and there is no conversion to Christianity story as I would have kind of expected. It has made them really interested and aware of the situations a lot of girls are living in throughout the world, so I've been pretty impressed by these dolls.

I'm actually really impressed that they're putting Christian unity ahead of doctrinal disagreements.

I've bought a few of [link=http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/hearts-for-hearts-girls]these dolls[/link] as gifts recently. They're really cute dolls and part of the proceeds go to World Vision, and I like how diverse they are. One of my sisters has the Afghanistan doll who is Muslim and there is no conversion to Christianity story as I would have kind of expected. It has made them really interested and aware of the situations a lot of girls are living in throughout the world, so I've been pretty impressed by these dolls.

Those dolls are lovely! I'll have to keep these dolls in mind for my granddaughters.

Btw, Playmates made the best baby dolls when my girls were little 20-30 years ago.

edited for riffle

Here is an article from a guy admitting that children will suffer because of Christians refusing to support World Vision over this. But he thinks taking a stand against gay marriage is more important. See, if he supports gay marriage those children who have gay parents will suffer, so he is really protecting kids.

thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevinwax/2014/03/24/grieving-for-the-children/

This is where you see all absence of logic and just a big "We want our way no matter who we hurt!" tantrum. Gay couples will still be raising their children whether they have the legal ability to get married or not. It's not as if the lack of marriage equality will keep people from raising their kids, it will only give the opportunity for legal protections, thus helping the kids.

NO LOGIC in these people. NONE.

I want one person to give me a decent argument as to how children will suffer because of gay marriage alone. I guarantee no one can give me one.

This is where you see all absence of logic and just a big "We want our way no matter who we hurt!" tantrum. Gay couples will still be raising their children whether they have the legal ability to get married or not. It's not as if the lack of marriage equality will keep people from raising their kids, it will only give the opportunity for legal protections, thus helping the kids.

NO LOGIC in these people. NONE.

I want one person to give me a decent argument as to how children will suffer because of gay marriage alone. I guarantee no one can give me one.

Because we'll all get AIDS and raise children who are sexually confused and plus it's unnatural and plus... ebilfeministlesbians... and... and... gheys!

Oh, that's not a decent argument? Then I got nuthin'.

Because we'll all get AIDS and raise children who are sexually confused and plus it's unnatural and plus... ebilfeministlesbians... and... and... gheys!

LOL exactly, but my point is that marriage has nothing to do with it anyway. Unmarried couples, straight or gay are raising kids and will continue to raise kids. So limiting marriage does exactly....nothing. Not to mention being an ebilfeministlesbian is a pretty great life. :lol:

Because they'll grow up thinking GAY IS OKAY! We can't have that, now can we? :roll:

Because they'll grow up thinking GAY IS OKAY! We can't have that, now can we? :roll:

They might even grow up to be TOLERANT of other religions, ideas, ways of life. Certainly can't have that!!!

Nice dolls, and a good cause too :)

Glossy BROCHURES autospellwrong!

Actually, I thought "Glossy Brightest" might be a term for the big fancy brochures, and was going to add it to my marketing jargon... might do so anyway!

Glad they won't discriminate in hiring, but who knows what preaching gay employees will be subject to? I still won't buy the dolls they have. I can't support the idea that improving the lives of girls around the world is to prosthelytize. And I'm too offended that they sell dolls representing other religions to get people to buy so they can try abolishing those religions.

From the World Vision [link=http://www.worldvision.org/our-impact/our-faith-in-action]website[/link]:

We serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. We do not proselytize, and we pledge never to exploit vulnerability to obtain a profession of faith. We do not feed the hungry as a means to an end. We feed the hungry because God cares about people who are hungry, and He wants them to be fed (Psalm 145:13-17).

Insisting that people hear a certain message or affirm a specific belief as a prerequisite to receiving our assistance violates codes of conduct established for disaster, relief, and humanitarian groups of which we are a member. However, our hope is that our work and lives would contribute to people becoming followers of Christ.

and

Our calling is to serve those living in poverty, even where cultural, religious, or legal constraints are placed on the expression of Christian faith. We choose to serve wholeheartedly in these places, because the alternative — allowing children to suffer needlessly from hunger, poverty, and disease — is unacceptable. Jesus’ call took Him to the poor; we follow His example.

I was a bit uncomfortable with my money going to World Vision (these dolls were requests, not ones I chose on my own), but looking into it I thought it was a good cause (it's a pretty small amount from each doll anyway). The dolls were not created by World Vision, the doll manufacturer chose World Vision as a charity to partner with where proceeds would go to real girls living in the regions the dolls come from.

Why would a gay person want to work for them anyway? Then again there are probably many already there...on the down low.

Slightly off topic, but I went to the World Vision website to check out the dolls, etc. for my niece and the profile of a little lad available for sponsorship popped up who happened to live in of all places...Burundi. And I thought 'African 'miracle' diet....God damn you to hell, John Shrader.'

Why would a gay person want to work for them anyway? Then again there are probably many already there...on the down low.

If they are the mind of org that doesn't believe gay Christian is an oxymoron, I can see it. Gay Christians want acceptance and validation too. Not every religious org is anti gay.

If anyone wants to sponsor a child, do it through Save the Children or Children International. They're secular as far as I can tell.

Archived