IGNORED

Imperfect, Perfect and Plebian

debrand

truelovedoesntwait.com/the-path-to-marriage/readiness/little-miss-perfect/

In summary, the Perfects have a daughter, Miss Perfect. The Imperfects have a son, Master Imperfect who wants to marry the young lady so he goes to Mr. Perfect. The father decides that the young man is not perfect enough so he sends the boy away. Horrors of horror, the young man marries the daughter of a divorced woman, Miss Plebeian. They have hard time but because everyone interferes the marriage survives and their son does widow's windows. Meanwhile, Miss Perfect remains unmarried.

And so Miss Perfect continues on, writing blog posts on how to be a Godly daughter and, especially after attending the wedding of one of her friends or sisters, about how to be content in the Lord (even) while (still) unmarried.

I wonder if he has anyone in mind for the real life, Miss Perfect? Maybe one of the Botkins?

At no point, does the young man stop to ask Miss Perfect her opinion of all this. He-and other young men-apparently just bypass her completely as if her thoughts were unimportant. I guess in their world her ideas and feelings are irrelevant.

He seems to have married Miss Plebeian just because she lived close by.

“I didn’t say that. I think you need a wife. I am just warning you that a marriage with Miss Plebian will probably require a lot of hard work.â€

“…

Very romantic. Women are interchangeable. One wife is as good as the next. Why fundie girls train so long for marriage is a mystery.

truelovedoesntwait.com/the-path-to-marriage/courtship-is-defrauding-by-definition/

Same site, different article. Does anyone know if this young man had a failed courtship? He sounds bitter but hasn't quite figured out that women need respect.

And one truly macabre thing about that process is the girl herself saying ‘no’ at this point. It is bad enough that the father might do so. If he had a series of standards that he ends up using to reject the poor young man why didn’t he let everyone know so this poor young man didn’t have to come and be shot down?

But the truly problematic thing is the role they ask the young lady to play. OK, so this guy wasn’t the one you wanted to ask you. But do you really have to inform him he is so bad he can’t even try? I would think that you would treat some awful casserole at a friend’s house better than that. You would at least nibble at it, wouldn’t you? How rude to take this young man’s heart and throw it in the ditch without even giving him a chance to ‘woo’ you… what courtship is supposed to be all about!

Oh, I know, you were probably worried about defrauding him. It’s too late for that, darling. He’s been dreaming about you ever since he first worked up the courage to even start thinking of courting you. You’ve been present in his mind in technicolor since then. There is nothing you can do now to avoid his having formed this attachment. Couldn’t you at least give him a shot? At least make it seem like you considered him?

My goodness,the girl might have an opinion and not adore him. This just sounds pathetic and very creepy.

I'm digging through my pocket right now and coming up with a handful of something that looks like "plank," "eye," and "remove it." If this chick is waiting around for a "perfect" Christian guy, she might have to wait around for awhile, because nobody knows when Jesus is coming back to Earth. But even if he did come back during her lifetime, heaven only knows if she would be able to recognize him.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The writer was a man commenting on an imaginary failed courtship. He has some very confusing believes. From what I gather, he believes that women should be only slightly involved in their own future marriages and that they shouldn't tell the man no. He acknowledges, like we have, that courtship often puts up too many barriers to couples getting to know each other but he seems to want a worst system in place. He actually disrespects women more than the normal fundie man.

truelovedoesntwait.com/the-path-to-marriage/to-that-girl-who-just-broke-off-her-courtship/

I read this, it was posted on the theonomy facebook group that Nathaniel Darnel moderates...

The author seems to think that marrying young christians off as early as possible (no paid in full house in his scheme) and not being quite as picky is the best method... from what I can tell... it isn't always clear to me. He believes love comes after marriage, not before, I think, but again, I've not wholly figured out his message.

truelovedoesntwait.com/the-path-to-marriage/to-that-girl-who-just-broke-off-her-courtship/

I read this, it was posted on the theonomy facebook group that Nathaniel Darnel moderates...

The author seems to think that marrying young christians off as early as possible (no paid in full house in his scheme) and not being quite as picky is the best method... from what I can tell... it isn't always clear to me. He believes love comes after marriage, not before, I think, but again, I've not wholly figured out his message.

The message I'm getting is that he's a loser and was dumped.

Archived