IGNORED

Franklin Graham's Man Crush On Putin

debrand

American distaste for Putin and his policies, however, hasn’t diminished his global standing. Last October, Forbes magazine declared Putin to be the most powerful man in the world. Anyone who watched the recent Winter Olympics from Sochi, Russia, could see why. More than any of the gold medal winners, Putin was the commanding presence.

For some reason, it seems like some people on the right have a crush on Putin. Franklin sounds like he has joined the ranks of Putin's admirers.

Even though Putin said that gays and lesbians would be allowed at the Olympics, the fact that he took a stand—simply to protect children—ignited a worldwide cultural firestorm. He further explained the law by saying, “We have a ban on the propaganda of homosexuality and pedophilia.â€

The only way the laws in Russia make sense is if someone believes that being homosexual equals being a pedophil.

Just a few generations ago, America held the high moral ground.

How the times have changed!

I'm not even certain how to respond to something so stupid.

In fact, he was in charge of monitoring foreigners in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) when my father preached there in 1984. If he was eavesdropping on our meeting, which I hope he was, he heard the Gospel!

In summary, Putin might not be a Christian but he is wonderful. Gays are bad. The United Stats has lost its way. Squee! and Putin might have once watched me in my hotel room. :roll:

billygraham.org/decision-magazine/march-2014/putins-olympic-controversy/

Putin is an Orthodox Christian, or at least he goes to services publically and regularly. So sorry Franklin, Vlad has already heard the Gospel.

It is Putin's MO to cozy up to religious figures with powerful connections, and that includes the Patriarch of Moscow, the Chief Rabbi of Russia who is a Lubavitcher Hasid, various powerful foreign evangelicals like Graham, and the chief Imam of Russia. Putin allows them to operate fairly unmolested, in exchange for them keeping their flocks towing the Putin line and probably money as well.

Graham is a tool, but so are all the others.

I believe this is my first time hearing about any of the Grahams. Billy Graham has somehow managed to escape any scandal and last I heard his health is declining. The Grahams have been protesting homosexuality since the beginning. I'm guessing Billy was considered more mainstream because I certainly had NEVER heard of Botkin or Gothard until I started reading FJ.

I find it interesting that so many conservatives are man crushing on Putin for re-criminalizing homosexuality but don't seem to care that abortion is free and on demand in Russia. Well, from their perspective one out of two isn't bad, I suppose.

I find it interesting that so many conservatives are man crushing on Putin for re-criminalizing homosexuality but don't seem to care that abortion is free and on demand in Russia. Well, from their perspective one out of two isn't bad, I suppose.

Conservative men are just sooooooo drooling over Putin's naked torso.

Now I'm imagining a young Vova listening in on some American dumbasses trying to preach the gospel. Heh.

In one of my classes several months back, one of my students made a gay joke (as teens do), but it was in Russian, so I didn't catch it. Someone must have overheard, though, because I got called in front of the director and threatened with firing if it happened again (and this would mean having to leave Russia entirely) - something over which I had no control and had no idea had happened. Wonder what those fundie douchebags would say to that?

Also, conservatism's sudden boner for Putin is utterly perplexing. It must be because he's against Obama and against Obama = good? How counterproductive.

Tina Dupuy had a column about this the other week. (Not Franklin Graham, just the extreme right in general.) It's pretty funny.

tinadupuy.com/column/the-new-gop-frontrunner-for-2016-vladimir-putin/

I didn't know this was a thing! Usually it seems like anything having to do with Russia must be evil according to conservatives, but if Obama doesn't like him then Putin must be good, I guess.

I'll admit that in the past I have Putin pretty funny (I loved that blueberry hill video --

), but that in no way changes my distaste for his policies.

Conservative men are just sooooooo drooling over Putin's naked torso.

Meanwhile I am so sick of seeing that man's bitch tits. Put a damn shirt on Putin.

Tina Dupuy had a column about this the other week. (Not Franklin Graham, just the extreme right in general.) It's pretty funny.

tinadupuy.com/column/the-new-gop-frontrunner-for-2016-vladimir-putin/

Thanks for this link. I wasn't familiar with her, but she's great!

Archived