IGNORED

The Word of Life Fellowship

Guest Bekah

Guest Anonymous

Does anybody know anything about these guys? I live a few miles from a major hub for WOL'ers, and know some people (Baptists). I'm finding myself kind of irked by some of it, and I'm unable to distinquish it from my general hesitance toward (and suspicion of) religion and genuine "Something's not right"-ness. Perhaps it's the fact that they almost exclusively 'target' children and youth? IDK.

I also am near them. They are straight up intolerant fundies who own vast amounts of property in the area, have it all tax exempt, and actively work to undermine the local gov & school system by getting elected to positions and then pushing a fundie agenda, particularly in education. Example: WOL'er to Biology teacher at BOE meeting- "you shouldn't use this textbook because everyone knows carbon dating is false."

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I live the next county over, about 15 miles from their largest camp in Ontario. We're not in the same school district so I don't know what influence, if any, they have/are trying to have. That said, they host alot of activities and events for our local schools, such as trail rides and elective programs, and it just seems a bit skeevy to me that they target youth in this way.

Here's their website, in case anyone's wondering: www.wol.ca

Archived