IGNORED

New picture of Lyndsie, Daniel and baby...

library_youth

Guest Anonymous

What a lovely little boy! :)

I'd feel more comfortable though, if they switched their standard 'Lyndsie and Daniel gurn at the camera', for something a little more snuggly and looking-adoringly-at-the-long-awaited-baby like.....

I actually think they look happy and not the crazy eyes happy of the past. The baby is adorable.

That's what I thought too. They look like a more relaxed version of happy, not their old, desperate, crazy-looking-grins happy. Good for them (no sarcasm)!

I still wish she'd blog again. I'd love to read about how motherhood is going for her.

Guest Anonymous
Confession: I'm totally jealous of Lyndsie and Daniel. They pretty much have the "American Dream" don't they?

Oooh, be careful what you wish for - she is in remission from cancer and doesn't even have the first 5 year all clear!

I wish the best for them, but I don't yet see in their eyes the relaxed happiness of new parents. I hope she lives healthily to the point where she can get down on the floor and mess around with her little boy in the security of knowing (as well as a cancer survivor can know) she is going to be around a long long time with him. I seriously would love to see a group hug going on. Smudge the makeup and enjoy the baby, Lynds! :)

I've never followed this blog, so could someone please sum up their story? I read something about cancer in the thread? What kind of cancer did she have?

To me they kind of look stiff and awkward holding the little cutie. I have pictures of myself holding kids I just met that seem warmer than the photos on their FB page. The two pictures of the three of them still have their plastered on mannequin smiles (seriously, if you bounce back and forth between these two pics http://tinyurl.com/3vntqja and http://tinyurl.com/44k24vc, aside from clothing and hair they look like they were taken a second apart) and the one with just Daniel holding the baby looks awkward too. I dunno, I guess in most family pictures you see the parents holding the kid close to them or snuggling/interacting with the child. In these pictures, the kid just looks like a prop, or someone else's baby. Maybe they haven't bonded much yet?

Edited to add URLs

Oooh, be careful what you wish for - she is in remission from cancer and doesn't even have the first 5 year all clear!

I wish the best for them, but I don't yet see in their eyes the relaxed happiness of new parents. I hope she lives healthily to the point where she can get down on the floor and mess around with her little boy in the security of knowing (as well as a cancer survivor can know) she is going to be around a long long time with him. I seriously would love to see a group hug going on. Smudge the makeup and enjoy the baby, Lynds! :)

I also wish the best for them and I hope Lyndsie's cancer doesn't come back. But on her blog she something about still having cancer cells in her body and DocSharon said on the old FJ that the situation might not be good.

As for Lyndsie and Daniel having the American Dream, I think they have just lucked out with a few things including the adoption of this baby. I'm predicting that L&D will start blogging in a year or two when they want to adopt another baby and they will be looking to get donations again mainly because Daniel is the only income in the household unless you count Lyndsie's possible Mary Kay commissions which isn't much. I don't think L&D will be content with just having one child. On the blog Lyndsie implied several times that they want more than one child. I think they will try to adopt at least 3 or 4 kids, because they probably don't want to feel out of place with their other fundie lite friends and relatives who have more than 1 kid. I remember Daniel's brother who is in his early 30's has two kids and he and his wife are expecting twins. I think the twins should have been born by now.

I've never followed this blog, so could someone please sum up their story? I read something about cancer in the thread? What kind of cancer did she have?

Lyndsie and Daniel had their blog up before they were married. Lyndsie did most of the blogging. She and Daniel had been dating since they were teens. They are fundie lite and they met at a homeschooling event/convention. Lyndsie got ovarian cancer when she was 19. I believe she went through treatments and went into remission. She and Daniel became engaged and then she was 21 her cancer came back and she ended up having to have a hysterectomy as part of the treatment. L&D married in 2009 and the following year their adoption journey started but they couldn't afford things like a home study so they started using their blog to collect donations for the home study and then they set up a fund for the adoption. I might have some things wrong about their story, others will probably have some other info on them.

Ovarian cancer with 19? Wow.. this is really really bad. I hope that she is going to be fine in the future to enjoy motherhood and life.

It's just a picture. I don't think it gives us any insight at all into their interpersonal relations and the level of bonding that has happened.

Also, the majority of photographs I have of my family and friends, the people are looking at the camera, not at one another. It's a standard home snapshot convention. Looking at the camera and smiling is a lot more honest and real of a picture than looking-adoringly-at-the-baby. I associate the looking-adoringly-at-the-baby pose (which is exactly what that would have been--a pose) with 1940s movie stars in publicity shots.

Ah, I was under the impression that her battle was over. I still think they're really lucky people, but that certainly tempers my envy.

Guest Anonymous
It's just a picture. I don't think it gives us any insight at all into their interpersonal relations and the level of bonding that has happened.

Also, the majority of photographs I have of my family and friends, the people are looking at the camera, not at one another. It's a standard home snapshot convention. Looking at the camera and smiling is a lot more honest and real of a picture than looking-adoringly-at-the-baby. I associate the looking-adoringly-at-the-baby pose (which is exactly what that would have been--a pose) with 1940s movie stars in publicity shots.

It's horses for courses, I guess. I'm more into reportage photography myself so am more used to natural shots, which among arents and baby children really do tend to involve quite adoring looks. Even amongst posed photos though, I have seen more natural shots than those on Lyndsie's fb. All the same, I stand by what I said, that I truly wish them the best.

Ah, I was under the impression that her battle was over. I still think they're really lucky people, but that certainly tempers my envy.

It is worse than that, not only does she not have the 5 years clear, she isn't truly in remission. She still has cancer cells in her abdoment.

Archived