IGNORED

A Very Potter Musical - Starkid

Lillian

Are there any Starkid fans here?? Anyone who has seen AVPM/S??

It is...I must say...totally awesome :mrgreen:

For those who haven't- it's a fan made parody musical of Harry Potter. If you have read the books or at least seen the movies I highly recommend you look it up on youtube. You won't regret it!

The first time I tried to watch it, I got too annoyed at Cho's intro song to continue. If they were snarking apparent racism in the books, it'd be funny, but it's not an issue there so they're basically just going "lol, she's Asian, we don't have anything else to focus on!" Second time I tried to watch it (at least a year later), I watched enough to get the pay-off after the song, laughed, and continued. I'm not a huge fan (and I still think that focus on race was awkward and not out of any attempt to critique the books/characters), but I have to admit I laughed a LOT at Umbridge in the second one. Like, a LOT.

I never thought the Cho Change thing was about any apparent racism in the books, or that it was a point to be focused on. I just thought it was funny :D

Ah, Umbridge, classic :lol:

Umbridge_Rules.jpg

My ringtone to my phone is "You're Not Alone."

I kind of fell in love with Darren Criss thanks to AVPM and AVPS.

That I gotta get back to Hogwarts song at the beginning of A Very Potter Musical is stuck in my head right now :D . I performed it with some friends for my school's glee club, I was Hermione. The guy who was Harry sounds just like Darren Criss.

Archived