IGNORED

Why doesn't Rose Parade have "stoning a homosexual float?"

Ralar

Pastors Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner of Generations Radio were upset about a float at the Rose Bowl parade that included a married gay couple which, despite nasty attacks from anti-gay activists, went off without incident (and even won an award). Buehner was perplexed by the fact that the AIDS Healthcare Foundation sponsored the float, saying that its “pro-homosexual propaganda†would “spread AIDS.â€

He added: “I wonder what the Rose Bowl parade would do if we had the stoning of a homosexual along the parade just as an expression of free speech and all that.â€

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/07/1267833/-Pastors-and-Radio-Hosts-Why-didn-t-Rose-Bowl-have-float-featuring-stoning-of-a-homosexual?detail=facebook

Vile, vile, vile . . . .

He added: “I wonder what the Rose Bowl parade would do if we had the stoning of a homosexual along the parade just as an expression of free speech and all that.â€

I suspect they would not allow such a float as they are generally decent human beings.

Fundies, for the millionth time, there is no guarantee to free speech within a private organisation. The rose parade is administered by a private foundation. They have no constitutional obligation to allow your hate speech. You, on the other hand, can have your own "hate parade" if you wish but I suspect it will be somewhat less popular than the Rose parade.

it would be impossible to make that stoning float as there are no Christians free from sin to cast the first stone.

Better to have christians ripping babies from the bellies of single woman and a slave auction of the SAHD's.

Irony would be the team making the float, using grammar "learned" at SOTDRT and instead of "Stoning a Homosexual" they ended up naming the float "Stoner the Homosexual".

They want to stone people. In a parade. Because that's a perfectly reasonable idea for a parade float. Beauty queens. Cheerleaders. Scout troops. Marching bands. Hate-filled fundies stoning people to death.

If you're fantasizing aloud about killing people, even as an "intellectual exercise," there just might be something wrong with you.

If you're fantasizing aloud about killing people, even as an "intellectual exercise," there just might be something wrong with you.

Unfortunately, I can't like your quote multiple times.

They want to stone people. In a parade. Because that's a perfectly reasonable idea for a parade float. Beauty queens. Cheerleaders. Scout troops. Marching bands. Hate-filled fundies stoning people to death.

or even call yourself a follower of jesus.

If you read through the thread, you'll find a beautiful comment by high uintas who posts a lot on the daily thread (the Pootie diaries) where we talk a lot about our pets. I consider her a friend even though we've never met IRL. Anyway, she talks about a old friend of the family's who worked full-time on the floats. He was the first out gay man she ever knew.

I did love how the AIDS Healthcare Foundation's float was followed by the float from the Lutheran Laymen's League. The theme of that float was the Jesus welcomes everyone.

edited to add an apostrophe

Archived