IGNORED

When Fundy watching goes wrong

ladypuglover

I was the watched "fundy" :oops: :lol:

My day started this morning like most days with my feet working before my eyes open or my mind shifts into gear. Well we had to be at the doctor's before 7 and I just grabbed the first clean thing I found and threw that on. I noticed I was wearing a denim frumper and somehow tamed my stringy curls into a bun and forgot once again to wear any makeup around noon when I looked in a mirror. I didn't think anything of it and ran back out the door to get my lab to the vet. Then home for a bit and back out the door to take #4 to football practice. At last an hour to run some errands! So #5 and I headed over to the grocery store a few blocks away. I pulled up to a car filled with 3 or 4 late teen girls who noticed my full size passenger van. They must have followed us in as after 10 minutes or so my youngest said something to the effect that they had been following usw since the parking lot. I told him that there was no way teens were following us and what kind of soda did he want? Well I started listening to the girls who it turns out were trying to figure out if I was fundy. They were reacting to everything I looked at and put in the cart with little comments of she is buying fresh fruit, she can't be or she picked up angel food cake so she is and so on. I was dieing with trying to hold in my giggles that these girls thought I was fundy until my youngest said but mom, you look more fundy than the Duggars do. :shock: I forgot that I was total frump today, all that was missing was my covered hair and tennis shoes. :doh: As it turns out the girls were checking out right behind us with small bottles of soda when they found out I wasn't fundy. I was in my all time favorite cashier's line and he is a total hunk of college hottie that flirts with all us old ladies. I turned on the cougar charm and he and I flirted while he was ringing up me up. I turned back to the girls and winked and said I just dress fundy not live it. :shifty:

So how many times have I misjudged a frumper? Normally they are easy to tell when they are surrounded by 10 kids under 10 all calling her mom and she is using bible verses to shush her kids, but what about the ones being quiet? Ack, I'm sorry unknown ladies for judging you as fundy and not extremely bad dressers like me. :lol:

LOL. People probably thought I was the other day. First thing I could find to wear was a t shirt weight blue dress (which I got second hand) and had on flip flops and no make-up.

Guest Anonymous

That's a fab story - I would have loved to have been there to see it!

I answered the door to my Tesco Delivery man today, wearing no make up, hair in a bun, a long denim skirt and a homemade apron over the top. I don't think he thought I was a fundie though as my delivery included 6 Pizza meal deals and 36 bottles of wine on special offer...... :mrgreen:

I must confess somethng: I love my denim skirts, and knee-length denim jumger. Based on wardrobe, there are many days I could probably pass as fundie in the supermarket....that, with my posse of kids trailing me. Of course, the fundie label dissolves if they happen to make out the outline of thong under my denim skirt, see my painted toenails, and hear me tell my oldest as I'm unloading the cart, "Ooops, do me a favor and run to the wine section and grab a bottle of decent merlot, would you please?"

Archived