IGNORED

Pearls on Anderson Cooper again?

thoughtful

My Mom said she just saw an ad for Anderson Cooper's show, saying that they would be discussing To Train Up a Child. I'm thinking they are probably re-running the 2011 stuff, but can't find any information online.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up.

Someone told me they saw a commercial for it yesterday too. I couldn't find any information either, but I never saw the old one so I'll watch either way.

Nuts. Some time ago,, I found a blog on which a guy had posted video footage of the Pearls giving one of their demo lectures. It had Mikey gleefully switching the hell out of a rag doll (that had a frowning/crying face embroidered on it) as Debi stood beside him, grinning proudly.

I saw this blog quite some time before the Anderson Cooper interview, and was PISSED that his research had been so crappy he hadn't managed to find it.

Could I have found the link to the blog here? Don't remember.

Is this the one? I tried to make it clickable with the link feature, but couldn't seem to get it.

http://youtu.be/GNv61rb7TNc

Thanks for posting that link. I could hardly watch the whole video because it made me nauseous to think of all of the children being subjected to that kind of abuse. I've never seen a live video of the Pearls and that video makes Michael Pearl seem like a total sadistic sociopath. It will haunt me. :(

Thanks for posting that link. I could hardly watch the whole video because it made me nauseous to think of all of the children being subjected to that kind of abuse. I've never seen a live video of the Pearls and that video makes Michael Pearl seem like a total sadistic sociopath. It will haunt me. :(

I'm sorry :( It is truly sickening.

I try to be strict with myself about being accurate about Pearl (let's face it -- the truth is plenty bad; there's no need to exaggerate). And Pearl's followers always whine that the video is edited to make him look worse.

So, for the record, I think his banging the doll's head against the table is something he would not do to a child.

Of course, from what comes before and his attitude, I think he is reminding people not to leave marks, and he thinks it's funny

The rest of it? Yeah, Pearl being Pearl and giving what he thinks is good advice, as far as I can tell.

ETA -- the show is on now.

It looks like all they showed was a discussion between Jeffrey Toobin and a lawyer whose name I didn't catch, with Wolf Blitzer asking the questions.

It seems to be focused on whether the Pearls can be legally charged, or lose a civil suit, due to the book.

Not surprised that the answer about the criminal charge seems to be no, but dammit -- Jeffrey Toobin, did you read the fucking book? He said that many parents spank, and the Pearls did not write "kill your child," so he can't see how it could be held against them (my wording -- I can't remember his).

I guess nobody prepped him before the show before he went on, by showing him the parts about never giving up, holding the child down until fully surrendered, etc.

:angry-banghead:

The other lawyer seemed to feel there might be precedent for a civil suit of some sort.

Archived