IGNORED

Apparently I look like I'm interested in Bible study

O Latin

Yesterday I was walking home from class when I was approached by a girl with a heavy Asian accent (I think Chinese, but I'm not positive). I figured she wanted directions or something, so I stopped to talk to her. She said something along this lines of, "I'm looking for people who are interested in Bible study. Would you be interested?" Fortunately, once I said no she said, "Okay, thank you," and walked away. There were a few people milling around but I didn't see her approach anyone else, so I figured I must look like the type who would be interested in Bible study. :lol:

Anyway, no real point here, but I though FJ'ers might get a kick out of that story.

Yesterday I was walking home from class when I was approached by a girl with a heavy Asian accent (I think Chinese, but I'm not positive). I figured she wanted directions or something, so I stopped to talk to her. She said something along this lines of, "I'm looking for people who are interested in Bible study. Would you be interested?" Fortunately, once I said no she said, "Okay, thank you," and walked away. There were a few people milling around but I didn't see her approach anyone else, so I figured I must look like the type who would be interested in Bible study. :lol:

Anyway, no real point here, but I though FJ'ers might get a kick out of that story.

I've had that happen to me before!!!!!!!!!!!

Two years ago on campus I was approached by two asian international students about joining a bible study :shock: They didn't approach anyone else around me. It was so weird.

Sadly I'm shy in public and don't like confrontation so I sort of meekly nodded and took a flier. Just like I always take the little bibles the older men hand out. Sigh.

O Latin, around half of South Koreans who believe in something are christians, so chances were more in their favour I think ;) Maybe you just look very open and nice and that's why she asked you :)

Clearly I have been living in cities for too long - I don't even make eye contact or break stride. I never take anything offered. I don't say anything unless they are really persistent and then they get a firm "NO thankyou" (thank you added because I am Canadian and feel obligated to add thanks even when I am being rude). :)

I was approached by a Mormon at university, but in the weirdest way. He made eye contact and stepped towards me, so I slowed down in order to politely say 'no' (I could see his partner so I figured he was doing missionary things, not looking for directions). Except then he kind of jolted, stopped, looked at me, and there was an awkward silence for a few seconds before I smiled and kept walking, and THEN he said 'Hello, would you be interested--?' Get it together, dude.

Clearly I have been living in cities for too long - I don't even make eye contact or break stride. I never take anything offered. I don't say anything unless they are really persistent and then they get a firm "NO thankyou" (thank you added because I am Canadian and feel obligated to add thanks even when I am being rude). :)

Truth. I have been evangelized many times while on my way to class. One guy even walked me to class. I tried to express to him that I was not interested in becoming born again, but he just wasn't having it so I said, "I have to get to class sorry". (Canadians also like to apologize when there really is no reason to). He just kept walking alongside me.

There's a church near my campus that has HUGE banner over it saying, "God Loves Students". There are also anti-choice groups that come onto campus to protest. Some wearing very graphic sandwich boards. It seems to be escalating compared to the first year I was there. I don't know if a sense of conservatism is spreading in the area or what.

My record is being approached by a Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, and Scientologist all within an hour while on trains and buses on my way to meet some friends. When I got there and told them what happened one of them looked at me and said, "You have a face that says sell me Bibles."

My record is being approached by a Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, and Scientologist all within an hour while on trains and buses on my way to meet some friends. When I got there and told them what happened one of them looked at me and said, "You have a face that says sell me Bibles."

:clap: Your friend is hysterical. Love it.

Archived