IGNORED

Rebecca Wedding Watch/Rather Unusual Wedding MERGED

Lady Elaine

She's getting married tomorrow! (9/12) She has bunches of friends in the blog world so if anybody reads any gossip on how it went down or finds pics be sure to let us know!

ratherunusualmaiden4god.blogspot.com/

Yes, she posted a bunch of times over a few days, then stopped.

I wish her the best. I think she and Justin have a real relationship, unlike some of these courtships, and I think they'll be happy together.

Two things: Why are "cute" and "encouraging" the only reactions allowed? Is that picture at the top similar to the dress? It's ugly.

What is this woman going to blog about when the wedding is over? It seems to be her entire existence.

Oh, and there's some interesting pics from when she and some friends (the senior class from her fundie Bible 'college'?)went to Boston a few months back. There's one of Justin and her looking like they're holding hands but on closer inspection, nope, they're holding a paper bag between them and not actually touching. What is the point exactly?

What is this woman going to blog about when the wedding is over? It seems to be her entire existence.

Oh, and there's some interesting pics from when she and some friends (the senior class from her fundie Bible 'college'?)went to Boston a few months back. There's one of Justin and her looking like they're holding hands but on closer inspection, nope, they're holding a paper bag between them and not actually touching. What is the point exactly?

She 'teased' her readers. Posting a picture that looked like they were holding hands then made a big deal out of the fact that NO, we weren't holding hands. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Isn't that funny?

She did say they'd held hands a few times more recently and it was soooo good, or something like that.

I do wish them the best. They're young, but they've actually spent time together and learned about each other. They've been together for over two years between courting and being engaged. For most fundie newlyweds, by the time they know each other two years they're on their second pregnancy.

I'm kind of excited about it as well. I only recently discovered A Rather Unusual Maiden and she at least seems somewhat more sane than others I read about here.

I wish them the best, I hope things go well today. As someone else mentioned above, I too am glad that they've been together for 2 long years. That's pretty rare for fundies. It gives me some hope that they will be happy together.

I'm kind of excited about it as well. I only recently discovered A Rather Unusual Maiden and she at least seems somewhat more sane than others I read about here.

She does seem fairly grounded. When she posted on the old board, she said they were even discussing birth control and whether she would need to work or not. That gives me some hope. I hope they do wait, even if just for financial reasons.

She does seem fairly grounded. When she posted on the old board, she said they were even discussing birth control and whether she would need to work or not. That gives me some hope. I hope they do wait, even if just for financial reasons.

I think that indicates that they at least aren't into the patriarchy and dominionism of many of the fundies we talk about.

They also met on their own - no daddy set up courtship with the intention of marrying. They met at their school. They were friends. They decided they liked each other & decided to start courting. It was their choice to court based on their mutual interest and shared feelings. Then they got engaged. The facts that they chose each other and their relationship developed in their own time; they both have a college education - even if it is bible college - it is education outside the SOTDRT, with interactions with other people; they took time to get to know each other and had a long (by fundie standards) courtship and then a long engagement. They both finished school before the marriage and that was a priority. They consider waiting to have kids and consider her possibly working.

She is unusual, for a fundie girl. They're still fundie and still hold some pretty dangerous and whacked out beliefs. They just aren't in as deep as most we talk about here.

Rebecca, the rather unusual maiden, is getting married today. I honestly wish her the best and hope all goes well with the ceremony but I actually find myself nervous for her for the, uh.... after party. She mentioned somewhere (here, maybe?? on the blog maybe??) that she and her intended had "held hands" a couple of times for "special occasions" and that they'd read books to prepare for the intimate part of her relationship (Intended for Pleasure or something like that).

ratherunusualmaiden4god.blogspot.com

She 'teased' her readers. Posting a picture that looked like they were holding hands then made a big deal out of the fact that NO, we weren't holding hands. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Isn't that funny?

She did say they'd held hands a few times more recently and it was soooo good, or something like that.

I do wish them the best. They're young, but they've actually spent time together and learned about each other. They've been together for over two years between courting and being engaged. For most fundie newlyweds, by the time they know each other two years they're on their second pregnancy.

Why would it matter if she held hands with him if they already have a child together?

Why would it matter if she held hands with him if they already have a child together?

Huh? They don't have a child together.

Rebecca, the rather unusual maiden, is getting married today. I honestly wish her the best and hope all goes well with the ceremony but I actually find myself nervous for her for the, uh.... after party. She mentioned somewhere (here, maybe?? on the blog maybe??) that she and her intended had "held hands" a couple of times for "special occasions" and that they'd read books to prepare for the intimate part of her relationship (Intended for Pleasure or something like that).

ratherunusualmaiden4god.blogspot.com

Intended for Pleasure? I have to go look that up...

I read the sample on-line, and while I don't agree 100% of everything that the author says, I'm impressed that he's talking about orgasms (for women), and a fulfilling sex life for both partners.

Sunny, I posted some mild snark on it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=151&hilit=intended+for+pleasure

It's available on Kindle, and it's not horrible. He does address things like the importance of lubrication and the importance of the clitoris, as well as advice on fixing premature ejaculation, women doing natural childbirth because they want to - but then he has stuff like missionary is the best position ever, oral sex precludes loving verbal communication, and his wife's chapter includes the gem on praying/giving up your lack of desire to God.

I remember she made a thread here to answer questions, and unlike most fundies who come to FJ she seemed genuine and didn't remotely have a "you're all going to hell attitude."

I'm really jealous of her kitchen. My miniscule 'Galley kitchen' is getting really old. I want counters damnit!

On a similar note, the fundie blogger who blogged about divorce before actually ever being married finally tied the knot.

hernoblecharacter.com/

She seems to be in newlywed bliss mode.

Oops SO sorry about repeat thread. Thanks, mods. :)

I didn't see the paper bag picture - I'll have to look for it.

Rebecca's mom posted on Rebecca's blog this morning and put up a few pictures of the happy couple.

They DO look happy. Her dress looks to have been modest but not fundie frumpy ugly. It suits her well, I think.

The picture of them kissing looks a little awkward, but since it may have been their second kiss ever, what can you expect?

Yay, wedding pictures! I'm pleasantly slightly impressed (does that even make sense?) that she managed to pull off a nice look on the budget she was apparently working with. All things considered, her flowers look nice (and awesome that she stuck a few black ones in!), she and Justin both look classy and not Meredith-esque. Well done, Rebecca!

I think they were ready to take each other down in that parking lot. :romance-kisslips::handgestures-thumbupright:

The smile box montage of photos is very nice. They look very much at ease w/ each other in the photos.

Rebecca is one of my favorite fundies, so I am hopeful that yesterday was a really great day for her. I am also hope that she was not too overwhelmed with what followed; I just cannot imagine going from holding hands like twice to sex. But, like you all said, at least they really know each other well.

Sunny, I posted some mild snark on it here: http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php ... r+pleasure

It's available on Kindle, and it's not horrible. He does address things like the importance of lubrication and the importance of the clitoris, as well as advice on fixing premature ejaculation, women doing natural childbirth because they want to - but then he has stuff like missionary is the best position ever, oral sex precludes loving verbal communication, and his wife's chapter includes the gem on praying/giving up your lack of desire to God.

Clearly, he's never had good communication via oral then!

I only read snippets of it, just to get the feel of it. It strange to me that he'd give advice recommending "the best position" since stuff like that is rather relative.

Importance of the clitoris on the other hand, now THAT is important.

Archived