IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Sadspoon

sea_gale

Morning FJers! I found this nugget of fuckery on my travels through the fundieverse and thought of you guys. I'm just going to post this without adding anything.

straighttalktogirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/1000-blessings-challenge-day-9.html

Be sure to read the comments!

What age is "normal" to start having a hope chest? Even in fundie circles she won't be married for 4-5 years, more likely 7 or so.

From her about me-section:

My hopes and goals for the future are learning to play the piano, learning to waltz (love this dance!), volunteering at orphanages, meeting Debi Pearl and Nancy Campbell, working for Above Rubies or VOM, getting married and having at least 10 children (Lord willing), living in the country, memorizing entire books from the New Testament, and whatever the Lord has in mind for me. ;)

That poor girl. :( I want to take good care of her.

From her about me-section:

My hopes and goals for the future are learning to play the piano, learning to waltz (love this dance!), volunteering at orphanages, meeting Debi Pearl and Nancy Campbell, working for Above Rubies or VOM, getting married and having at least 10 children (Lord willing), living in the country, memorizing entire books from the New Testament, and whatever the Lord has in mind for me. ;)

That poor girl. :( I want to take good care of her.

Can anyone say brainwashed? Poor kid!

Back when I was a Girl Scout leader, my troop was about half and half middle class white kids and black girls from a low-income housing development, with a few poor white girls thrown in. When we talked about doing a community service project, all of the girls unanimously voted that they wanted to visit an orphanage and give presents to the orphans. They were disappointed when I explained that most children these days go to foster care if their parents can't provide for them, and there were no more orphanages in our area.

The funny thing was that quite a few of my Girl Scouts were not living with their own parents. Two kids who lived with their grandmother because their mother was in jail and their father was absent were among the most eager to visit the orphans. I think when kids think "orphanage," they think of sweet, sad, children who are worse off than they are and will be grateful for their attention. It's a way of feeling better about their own situation.

The fact that Princess Purity's idea of volunteer work is visiting an orphanage says a lot about her level of maturity. She clearly knows nothing about the real world. I feel sad for her. She sounds like a basically sweet, intelligent girl who deserves better than to be brainwashed.

Maybe she means overseas? I know, probably not, but I volunteered at an orphanage in HighSchool when I lived overseas. My job was always to hold the babies. That's it. Cuddle sweet babies because there just wasn't enough staff to hold them all the time so they spent a lot of time hanging out in their cribs otherwise and failure to thrive was a big problem to combat along with all sorts attachment issues that come into play when kids don't get cuddled and loved as tiny babies.

I notice that she has "Indiviuality" on her list of blessings. Typo aside, it's ironic that this appears right beside a plug for someone else's blog, featuring a picture of three "maidens for modesty" with identical long dresses and identical long hair.

Her blog makes me really sad :( From reading some of her entries you'd think she was a mommy blogger, but she's a 13-year-old kid. Apparently working on the blog is her primary school assignment...she doesn't really talk about doing anything else educational except for reading. Created to be His Helpmeet is a favorite, and she can't wait to read Before you Meet Prince Charming :evil:

She posts all kinds of recipes and talks about getting up at 7 AM so that she can be more like the proverbs 31 woman. She takes care of a 3-year-old for 25-40 hours a week. She's crafted a blog about looking for a godly husband, but she still has cartoon monkeys on her pink bedsheets. Mature and responsible teens are a great thing, but it'd be nice if she were allowed to have a little fun.

. She's crafted a blog about looking for a godly husband, but she still has cartoon monkeys on her pink bedsheets. Mature and responsible teens are a great thing, but it'd be nice if she were allowed to have a little fun.

Just wanted to highlight this to emphasize how really telling and how very sad it is. The fact that she's forced to grow up before her time and yet so limited in what the possibilities for her grown up self is one of the worst crimes of fundiedom. This family has stolen their little girl's innocence by focusing on her purity and her future as a QF mom. She's little girl who should by rights be laughing with friends and writing book reports. I'm so sad right now.

Erm, is it bad that I kinda like her? She's clearly been indoctrinated a lot, but she seems ambitious (as much as she can be) and she writes well.

I do think she has a lot on her plate for a kid, though.

Erm, is it bad that I kinda like her? She's clearly been indoctrinated a lot, but she seems ambitious (as much as she can be) and she writes well.

I do think she has a lot on her plate for a kid, though.

I like her too, she seems genuinely sweet (as opposed to keeping sweet) and well-spoken. I think she writes and expresses herself better than most people!

Now, hopefully she will get off of the loving the Pearls thing, and maybe just go fundie-lite as she grows up.

Maybe she wants to meet Debi Pearl so she can beat the every living shit out of her. That's kind of what I'm hoping that means :)

That would be the only appropriate use possible for Mr and Mrs Sadspoon.

212. Fresh air after Annie walks by (Annie is my family's pitbull mix. No matter how many baths we give her, she never smells good!)

Maybe Annie needs to go to a vet??? Or maybe we should talk about what they're feeding her...

Maybe Annie needs to go to a vet??? Or maybe we should talk about what they're feeding her...

She may need her glands squeezed.

She may need her glands squeezed.

Exactly, or she has a skin problem because she's allergic to grain/chicken... whatever and chewed a spot that got infected. Its probably very minor, but needs to be addressed.

Archived