IGNORED

Peter Bradrick hypes the VF internships

Deleted12

The Vision Forum internship was a monumental and solidifying experience in my life. From washing bathrooms to helping lead on the Faith and Freedom Tour, I was challenged to grow in every aspect of my life. The training in Christian apologetics, theology, worldview, servanthood, history, and practical business skills packed into five short months was beyond anything I have ever seen or experienced. It was a time of great spiritual and mental growth, as well as intellectual stimulation and academic inspiration. It was a time of great encouragement where the life-long dedication and training of my parents was reinforced, affirmed, and built on and the doctrine of honor was highly stressed. It was a time of great rejoicing to see all that I had been taught, believed, and known, come alive and fit together in a practical, biblical worldview.

The opportunity to work with a company that is unwaveringly built upon biblical principles under the guidance of the great, godly men that run Vision Forum was an experience I will never forget. Rotating between the departments, I had the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated Christians and most professional and capable men I have ever met.

The highlight of our time as interns was the opportunity to sit under Mr. Phillips as our mentor. In formal lectures and informal discussions around his dinner table, I was consistently amazed by his grasp of the Scriptures, biblical wisdom, and ability to communicate all that God has taught him. Next to my father, he is the greatest man I have ever known.

The deep, lifelong relationships that were built with my beloved fellow interns, the men of Vision Forum, and the people at Boerne Christian Assembly alone, were worth the time I spent as an intern. I am so thankful to God for giving me the life-changing experience of interning with Vision Forum, and I cannot recommend the Vision Forum internship highly enough for any young man who is seeking wisdom and intends to be a leader in the gates.

Peter Bradrick

Intern Class of 2003

http://www.visionforum.com/about/opport ... d=bradrick

(Poke about the site for testimonies from other former interns.)

Is "washing bathrooms" a Southern idiom? In my mumble-mumble years of life, I've never heard it called that.

Cleaning the bathroom, scrubbing the bathroom, sanitizing the bathroom!

Washing? Either it's a Southern thing or it never happened, and PB's given it away in the same manner I'd give myself away, trying to get into BCA, by saying, "I remit to my husband in all things!!!" :D

Guest Anonymous

The opportunity to work with a company that is unwaveringly built upon biblical principles under the guidance of the great, godly men that run Vision Forum was an experience I will never forget. Rotating between the departments, I had the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated Christians and most professional and capable men I have ever met.

The highlight of our time as interns was the opportunity to sit under Mr. Phillips as our mentor. In formal lectures and informal discussions around his dinner table, I was consistently amazed by his grasp of the Scriptures, biblical wisdom, and ability to communicate all that God has taught him. Next to my father, he is the greatest man I have ever known.

Holy crap, well spotted AthenaC! This is a goldmine.

Is "washing bathrooms" a Southern idiom? In my mumble-mumble years of life, I've never heard it called that.

Cleaning the bathroom, scrubbing the bathroom, sanitizing the bathroom!

Washing? Either it's a Southern thing or it never happened, and PB's given it away in the same manner I'd give myself away, trying to get into BCA, by saying, "I remit to my husband in all things!!!" :D

I can't come up with an interpretation that doesn't mean "I spent 6 months on my knees!"

I can't come up with an interpretation that doesn't mean "I spent 6 months on my knees!"

Athena!

loldougavatar.jpg

LOL indeed!! :mrgreen:

It was a time of great rejoicing to see all that I had been taught, believed, and known, come alive and fit together in a practical, biblical worldview.

Oh, Peter, you make it so easy! Thank you for making my favorite phrase (Vision Forum Interns) come alive again!

Guest Anonymous
It was a time of great rejoicing to see all that I had been taught, believed, and known, come alive and fit together in a practical, biblical worldview.

Oh, Peter, you make it so easy! Thank you for making my favorite phrase (Vision Forum Interns) come alive again!

Paging Jim Bob Duggar! Petey needs a crash course in Legos, STAT!

The Vision Forum internship was a monumental and solidifying experience in my life. From washing bathrooms to helping lead on the Faith and Freedom Tour, I was challenged to grow in every aspect of my life. The training in Christian apologetics, theology, worldview, servanthood, history, and practical business skills packed into five short months was beyond anything I have ever seen or experienced.

(snip)

Next to my father, he is the greatest man I have ever known.

http://www.visionforum.com/about/opport ... d=bradrick

Once the brain goes there, it cannot return . . . :D

Okay, one of us needs to try to get in. Most of us are women, so maybe a little cross-dressing would be required. I smell a romantic comedy!

I looked at the internship app too. I noticed the requirement for a recent picture - is this so we can make sure all our interns are suitably Aryan - hmm? Cause some certainly aren't lookers, based on the photo at the top of the page where it talks about internships. :)

One question I don't understand - "What does it mean to 'take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ'"?

Huh? :?

I looked at the internship app too. I noticed the requirement for a recent picture - is this so we can make sure all our interns are suitably Aryan - hmm? Cause some certainly aren't lookers, based on the photo at the top of the page where it talks about internships. :)

One question I don't understand - "What does it mean to 'take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ'"?

Huh? :?

Probably also to make sure no one gets in who might have a facial tattoo or piercing. And of course that you are of the right age for dougie, that you are doing things and not a pasty faced gamer.

Doug Phillips' dinner table has come up at FJ before. That's where he teaches his interns it's manly to spend two hours completely dominating the conversation and expecting everyone else to dance to your tune.

Archived