IGNORED

Lockwood's are blessed?

fundiefan

Anyone keeping up with the Lockwood's and their 'furlough'?

According to Jaynee, God has completely blessed them. They were prevented from leaving home as planned because of a broken water pipe or something. That was God's choice because for whatever reason, they had to stay home and obsess over fixing the pipe and leaving all at once; they didn't 'save' anyone in that time, they only went mental over getting it fixed and getting on the road. Their van broke down twice already and they've been on the road for all of a week. The kids are now sick.

I don't know how to phrase this. Couldn't all those issues be signs/messages from god NOT to do what they planned? Obstacles sent to stop them?

Oh, wait. That would never happen. Their god thinks and believes and acts only as they do and for their own benefit.

Riding in a van with 14 people sounds like my own personal hell.

We were in our same clothes from the day before, hadn’t showered, and everyone was looking forward to cleaning up , having Bible time/sing time with Daddy, and getting to bed at a decent hour. But what we didn’t anticipate is that not only the hotel we usually stay in, but every hotel in the entire area had no vacancy! As we wandered from hotel to hotel, I thought of how there was no room in the inn when Mary was to give birth to Jesus.

Isn't it nice how she feel comfortable comparing herself to the Virgin Mary? :roll:

Reading through her 3 posts on the furlough, all I can think is that she sounds absolutely miserable but is trying to cover it up by talking about how good god is.

I guess I could go see her and fam when she comes through the Phx area on Sept. 11.

I actually quite like Jaynee, even though obviously I disagree with her perspective and a lot of what she says. I do think her life can be really hard and she does her best to put a positive spin on it when that happens.

Yes! And also accident prone.They are the anti Duggars when it comes to health and thank God,she can't get pregnant any more.

I actually quite like Jaynee, even though obviously I disagree with her perspective and a lot of what she says. I do think her life can be really hard and she does her best to put a positive spin on it when that happens.

I definitely think the Lockwoods are very benign as far as most of 'our' fundies go. It's also really nice to see them 'practicing what they preach', as in going and living a hard life in order to promote christianity. I think a tv show about a large family working as missionaries in a foreign country would be much more interesting than one about a large family hanging out in Arkansas.

Yes, I like her, too, even though I also disagree... I think she practices what she preaches and there is no fakery. I also think she is making an effort to be a "the glass is half full" kind of person in the face of a difficult life.

Jaynee, if you happen to read this, my good thoughts and prayers coming your way today.

• 1 month later...

Plopping this back up because I'm wondering if I should go see the Lockwoods tomorrow as their furlough takes them through my part of Arizona (altho' it is 40 miles away on the other side of Phoenix). However, I do not know if I can deal with going to a Family-Integrated, Vision Forum worshipping church. Should I or shouldn't I?

Especially after perusing the church's website some more. They really do imitate the Dougie model:

Starting at 10:00am for:

Morning Worship

To worship God in sharing communion, prayers, and expository preaching

Fellowship Meal

To worship God in fellowship

Afternoon Service

To worship God as we edify, exhort, and encourage one another

Concluding by 3:00pm

That's an entire day!

Plopping this back up because I'm wondering if I should go see the Lockwoods tomorrow as their furlough takes them through my part of Arizona (altho' it is 40 miles away on the other side of Phoenix). However, I do not know if I can deal with going to a Family-Integrated, Vision Forum worshipping church. Should I or shouldn't I?

Especially after perusing the church's website some more. They really do imitate the Dougie model:

That's an entire day!

I think you should go! I was thinking of going when I thought they were coming close to me, but than I remembered what part of Cali I now live in :)

I would think you could duck out after the morning worship. I would, but then I have no shame...

That's an entire day!

5 hours of this stuff? You'll need a bottle of prozac and several therapy sessions after that.

I think you should go! I was thinking of going when I thought they were coming close to me, but than I remembered what part of Cali I now live in :)

I would think you could duck out after the morning worship. I would, but then I have no shame...

I have a good excuse...I have the dreaded diabeetus and my medication is at home in the fridge. (Yeah, so I don't have to take it until 5 or 6 or 7 pm, when I want to eat, but they don't have to know that.)

One of the little boys had tonsil and adenoid surgery in Redding when they were up there visiting her sister (the one who's got 8 kids). There were 20 kids and 4 adults in one house. I'd lose my mind.

Jaynee seems to hanging in there. I just wish they wouldn't let their daughters go into the pools at the hotels they stay in their long dresses. I realize they are living on next to nothing, but don't you think one of their sponsors could afford to send them gift certificates to a modest bathing suit link?

Guest Anonymous

I have a good excuse...I have the dreaded diabeetus and my medication is at home in the fridge. (Yeah, so I don't have to take it until 5 or 6 or 7 pm, when I want to eat, but they don't have to know that.)

I wouldn't enlighten them either.

The Lockwoods live in a hell of their own making. I wouldn't have a problem with that except (1) they're dragging those poor kids along and (2) the constant begging. Plus I'm opposed to god-bothering on principle. It's just as scummy as telemarketing. If you want to help, help. Don't use people's desperate circumstances as an opportunity to spread your brain virus.

As for Jaynee....for pete's sake, grow a spine, woman. What a pitiful creature.

The Lockwoods live in a hell of their own making. I wouldn't have a problem with that except (1) they're dragging those poor kids along and (2) the constant begging. Plus I'm opposed to god-bothering on principle. It's just as scummy as telemarketing. If you want to help, help. Don't use people's desperate circumstances as an opportunity to spread your brain virus.

As for Jaynee....for pete's sake, grow a spine, woman. What a pitiful creature.

I agree. Just because I think that she and her husband are nice people doesn't mean that I see her lifestyle as any less harmful than the other fundies that we snark on here.

They don't have to live in the manner that they do. They chose this lifestyle and they deserve some condemnation(no matter how nice they are) for dragging their kids along

I'm not going...we had a storm come through here last night. There was so much rain and wind that despite having *windows*, water came in through the window tracks. Yeah, I'm cleaning up this morning and wondering if I should spend the $$$ for new windows or not.

Archived