IGNORED

Darth due this month.

clibbyjo

I wish they would say her due date, I know they said Aug. a while ago and I would like to know when EXACTLY. Well, soon enough I guess. I want to see the baby ginge!

She looks cute in the first anniversary picture.

I know! I've been on Darth Labor Watch for the last week or so. I'm betting the Mortons are saving up to update their blog then.

I know! I've been on Darth Labor Watch for the last week or so. I'm betting the Mortons are saving up to update their blog then.

Me too! Everyday I check for news on both sites. The Morton's haven't updated in forever!

Who exactly is that, and is her name really Darth? I mean, as in Darth Vader, the favourite Sith I'd like to have on my balcony tonight?

Come to the dark side... I bake cookies regularly!

ihavecookies.jpg

Who exactly is that, and is her name really Darth? I mean, as in Darth Vader, the favourite Sith I'd like to have on my balcony tonight?

ihavecookies.jpg

Her name is Dorothy,but they call her Darth. She is part of the Morton/Sander's dynasty. Their blogs are listen in the blogroll

Me too! Everyday I check for news on both sites. The Morton's haven't updated in forever!

I think the Mortons lost their Internet access a while back. They may not have gotten it back, for whatever reason. But I'm sure they'll be back eventually.

Want to start a baby pool? I'm guessing it's a girl and will be born August 18.

I wish they would say her due date, I know they said Aug. a while ago and I would like to know when EXACTLY. Well, soon enough I guess. I want to see the baby ginge!

She looks cute in the first anniversary picture.

They will seriously have the cutest baby! Did you see those pics they posted awhile back of Noah as a baby and then of course Morton babies are too precious as well. I wish them all the best. I feel like they will have a boy.

I think the Mortons lost their Internet access a while back. They may not have gotten it back, for whatever reason. But I'm sure they'll be back eventually.

Want to start a baby pool? I'm guessing it's a girl and will be born August 18.

Wes and Rachel got their internet back, so I'd be surprised if the main Morton house doesn't have it as well - also I think I saw Adeline comment somewhere.

I am guessing August 10 - and I'm thinking boy too, though I think a little redheaded mini-Darth would be adorable.

And yes, Darth is their shortened form of Darthy, which I'm guessing is how they say it (think Auntie Em from Wizard of Oz). The Morton girls are also big on rhyming nicknames, and Darth rhymes with her sister, Marth.

Seeing as my guessed date is tomorrow, I doubt I'll win the pool - but it occurred to me to wonder what their plans are for the labor. The most recent Katie baby blog post (August of last year) is a bit confusing, but I think they're saying that she had the kid on the Morton compound - and we know she had at least the first one there, too. Since she doesn't live there full-time, does she just hang out in the last weeks of pregnancy so she'll be there when she goes in labor? We know Kressant has had her kids at home, in her own apartment, and Rachel went to the hospital at least once, and they praised "the wisdom" of Wes for making that call (ugh, but there you go), so we know they don't discount medical assistance altogether. It won't be a surprise if Darth goes for homebirth, to say the least - but I do wonder if she'll attempt to labor in their little apartment, or if they'll go to be with her family.

I must say, the first year or two I lived with my boyfriend full-time, it felt strange to not be with family at vacations and special times, like I did when I was in college. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to be "home" for her first birth - I just wonder at the logistics of it, especially since N has the farm and whatnot.

I'm on baby watch too and hoping for a healthy mommy and baby. As for the baby pool, well I guess boy on the 30th. I hope she has the baby at the hospital so the kid can't say "why yes, I was born in a barn", anytime he leaves a door open.

Even if they said exactly, due date means nothing except 40 weeks. I would completely understand if she deliberately did not state the due date because people treat it like an expiration date. It gets frustrating. Thus the creation of this site: http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ :D I so needed that the last two times.

Hoping she has a great birth and healthy baby!

This is their first baby. We followed the courtship and wedding and now we get the baby. They are young and cute and their families are my favorites since they are the most "normal".(meaning fun is allowed and jeans on girls when working on the farm)

ihavecookies.jpg

Cran I am so mad at you right now. From the first time I saw those cookies this morning all I could think about was those cookies. It is to hot here to bake cookies, bakery cookies are not the same and all I can think is damnit I'm on the darkside and I don't have cookies. :evil: I want those cookies!! :drool:

This is their first baby. We followed the courtship and wedding and now we get the baby. They are young and cute and their families are my favorites since they are the most "normal".(meaning fun is allowed and jeans on girls when working on the farm)

Yeah. Most of the time I really like the Mortons quite a bit. They seem like decent, if conservative, folk. But then they do something and I'm reminded there lurks the heart of major fundie-dom back there. I mean, it's because of them that FJ learned about Lindsay Keen and Brantley Disharoon. The Mortons are the ones who squeed over their engagement and that's why someone from here ended up looking up the name.

The Maxwell's started out normal and I am sure young and cute too....

I totally get what you're saying, and as demgirl pointed out, they definitely hang with some scary people and hold pretty scary beliefs themselves... but be fair, the Maxwells are a level unto themselves, rare even in fundieland. :character-oscar:

Archived