IGNORED

Tonight's Primetime Nightline - Heaven is for Real

homeschoolmomma1

I just wanted to give a heads up. It is called The Other Side and they are talking about out of body experiences and the book Heaven is for Real Which I don't really think I believe since the man who wrote the book for his son is a preacher. I will link the book. Check your local listings :)

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312416905&sr=8-1

I've read Heaven is for Real and I don't know what I think about it.

I haven't read this book either, although several friends have recommended it. I've been suspicious because the father's a minister. I want very much to believe that heaven is a real place. I hope all the relatives who have passed are waiting there for us. I would love to be with my grandparents again.

I used to be very into NDE (near death experiences) and did extensive research on the subject. I think I was in the stage of my spiritual search where I was looking for reassurance that there is life after death. But after reading both pro and con viewpoints on NDE, I've come to the conclusion that what the phenomenon is. I believe it's our brain pulling out a HUGE endorphin infusion in order to help us cope with the ultimate stressor - dying. And people bring forth the spiritual inflection that most adheres to what they've known in their lives. I think it's a pretty nice thing our brain does for us. And while I don't believe in a concept of heaven, I do wonder a lot about the reason our brain does that.

I did watch the show and I thought the minister was full of baloney. It felt like a set-up that he so conveniently had some guy who'd "prayed" over him, and how he happened to have been interviewed about it. The woman who was an atheist who'd had an NDE was really interesting, though.

Archived