IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church celebrates Boston Marathon bombing

gulag

THANK GOD FOR THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBS!! Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those killed. #PraiseGod

Westboro Baptist Church. The gift that keeps on giving. God Bless America and the freedom to practice one's spirituality and religion! No matter how corrupt and evil it is.

PBS media coverage here.

Spoiler

BH-z74pCUAEu3Bu.jpg

The fundamental Christian group urged the U.S. government to "reinstate" the death penalty for homosexuality and warned "violence will fully consume u [sic]" if that doesn't happen. Most of the church's tweets said same-sex marriage caused the bombing, but others mentioned abortion and supposed mistreatment of the church.

A news release dated April 15 announced the church's intention to picket the funerals of the three bombing victims. The release says Massachusetts "invited this special wrath from God Almighty when it was the FIRST STATE to pass same-sex marriage" in 2004.

Disturbing graphic Twitter here.

Spoiler

wbc.jpg

Church pastor Fred Phelps: "God is busy punishing those who've mistreated His people for preaching."

"Memo to Boston police: Is it time to re-think that mistreat and abuse WBC policy you implemented many years ago?!?!"

The church also said that the death of 8-year-old Martin Richard was God's punishment. "His blood is on YOUR hands. Died for #SSM," tweeted church member Margie Phelps.

ANONYMOUS promises retribution for Boston. Gotta love 'em for this.

No photo, just Anonymous' Twitter text here.

Spoiler

anon.jpg

WBC Twitter here. Profanity, disturbing graphic.

Spoiler

wbc2.jpg

My barometer for monitoring potential religious oppression in the United States. As long as this CHURCH can do this, I can be sure that no one's religious rights have been infringed.

Ironic how this wouldn't be tolerated for even a week in any other European country on the planet. This CHURCH would be responsible for its conduct and hate rhetoric. It certainly would not get faith-based non-profit subsidies and tax shelters.

Could you please put the bloody pics under a spoiler cut? I did not need to see blood everywhere :/

Could you please put the bloody pics under a spoiler cut? I did not need to see blood everywhere :/

I'm sorry. Apologies. I wrongfully assumed everyone must have already seen all of this stuff. Maybe this doesn't even belong on FJ.

Mods, could we get direction on this?

Edit: Reconsidering. Mods, could you maybe just delete the topic? It's probably unnecessary.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I haven't seen any pics, nor do I want. I can handle my own blood, but I can't handle seeing other peoples.

You know, a few weeks ago, Kevin Ware's injury on the basketball court, with his bone sticking out on TV, seemed horrific. Isn't it amazing how the limits of our tolerance are continually forced to change? I feel badly that I can now see people with both legs missing below the knee and bones sticking out without cringing. I feel badly, but then maybe that's a coping mechanism. I am the least medically inclined person there is...seeing x-rays of broken bones (including my own) used to make me vomit. But now...that's certainly all changed. Am I a bad person that it doesn't still bother me as much, or am I coping as society seems to be requiring that I should?

I've spent a lot of time pondering this in the past few days...

I think the topic is relevant and in the right section. Thank you for editing to put the pics under a cut.

It's times like these when I hope there IS a god so he can send these assholes straight to the lowest levels of hell!

I'm a pacifist and work really hard to love and see the light in everyone, but I find myself just wishing that one of these raging bastards who wants to kill people to prove some sort of point would target their aggression at [the adult members of] WBC instead of little 8 year old boys - and all the other people watching a marathon, going to school, working in their offices or flying in planes...

If they do show up at little Martin's funeral in Dorchester, they may end up with the shit beaten out of them.

There is always the good chance they won't show up. I remember they said they were going to picket the public Aurora memorial service after the theater shooting. My cousin drove to Aurora from Denver to be apart of the human wall around the memorial to keep the WBC as far as possible from the stage The WBC didn't show up. The same thing will happen in Boston, groups/organizations will get together and try to find ways to counter the WBC in case they show up.

There is always the good chance they won't show up. I remember they said they were going to picket the public Aurora memorial service after the theater shooting. My cousin drove to Aurora from Denver to be apart of the human wall around the memorial to keep the WBC as far as possible from the stage The WBC didn't show up. The same thing will happen in Boston, groups/organizations will get together and try to find ways to counter the WBC in case they show up.

I don't know if this is accurate, but I'm repeating it anyway. Something like 6,000 people staged to be human shields in response to Westboro Baptist Church. On advice from a former WBC member, the intention is to put up a human screen with tarps.

WBC wants the interaction. If they're denied it, they get nothing.

I don't know if this is accurate, but I'm repeating it anyway. Something like 6,000 people staged to be human shields in response to Westboro Baptist Church. On advice from a former WBC member, the intention is to put up a human screen with tarps.

WBC wants the interaction. If they're denied it, they get nothing.

They better not to protest at the little boy's funeral. Otherwise....Grrr!!! :evil: I hope they do human shields at the funerals. The families already had been through a lot. They don't need to deal with the jerks from the WBC.

People are also planning to do pledge-a-thons, where they pledge a certain amount of money per minute the WBC is there. I think the money would go to the fund set up for marathon victims.

And yeah, they're also just asking to be hacked, because we've all been stuck inside all day with nothing to do, many people can't drive, grocery stores, shops all closed.......it's been eerily quiet all day, can't go to work or anything.

People are also planning to do pledge-a-thons, where they pledge a certain amount of money per minute the WBC is there. I think the money would go to the fund set up for marathon victims.

Great! I love it! I'll pledge! Post info or a link if you come across one?

Do any of you think that it would be wrong to make it a law that parents can't take very little kids on what might be violent protests? We know that Westboro is a lightening rod for anger. One day, someone is going to attack them. They bring their children to protests were the kids are taught to hate. Surely, they can be charged with child endangerment?

I'm sorry. Apologies. I wrongfully assumed everyone must have already seen all of this stuff. Maybe this doesn't even belong on FJ.

Mods, could we get direction on this?

Edit: Reconsidering. Mods, could you maybe just delete the topic? It's probably unnecessary.

We don't delete topics or posts unless they have broken a FJ rule. This is a relevant topic, posted in the right section. Your consideration of others in placing potentially offensive content under spoiler tags when requested to by another poster is appreciated.

Fuck you, WBC....just fuck you! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming: :obscene-birdiered:

Don't worry the devil has a portion of hell staked out for them away from everyone with I love gay people signs and loaded with horny gay demons.

They are not a church - they're a hate group. It doesn't matter what they call themselves.. and I will never understand how they're allowed to do what they do. Yeah I know "freedom of speech" - sorry, but I don't think it should go this far and plenty of countries agree and do not allow this kind of garbage. Life has limits - rules - rights and wrongs - and they can, and should, be enforced. Isn't the classic example that you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater just for fun and then claim "freedom of speech"? Nor can you call 911 and pretend to be dying, then claim "freedom of speech". It shouldn't protect this hate group either.

There is a group that is prepared to form a human wall in case WBC shows up at any funerals. I was part of the wall on Thursday at the memorial service. WBC was not there.

Do any of you think that it would be wrong to make it a law that parents can't take very little kids on what might be violent protests? We know that Westboro is a lightening rod for anger. One day, someone is going to attack them. They bring their children to protests were the kids are taught to hate. Surely, they can be charged with child endangerment?

MEEE! I THINK IT WOULD BE WRONG :dance:

Cause you'd end up with no kids ever being allowed on any protest because every protest has the potential for violence. I agree Westboro are a bunch of fannies, but it doesn't seem to be a good idea to take away anyone's right to be on a protest.

WBC also said they were going to protest the Sandy Hook funerals, but I don't think they showed up. Maybe they're getting lazy?

I think a law like that would be a huge mistake for the reason that JFC articulated.

+1. I'm against using kids as political props, but at the same time, parents have to be able to include their kids in activities that reflect their core values, no matter how much others may disagree.

Archived