IGNORED

Shoot your Parents to "save" a girl.

doggie

So Jesus wants you to shoot your parents if they get in the way of converting others. I really wonder what this kids life was like.

http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2013/04/c ... of_sh.html

COLUMBUS, Georgia -- A Columbus, Ga. teenager is accused of shooting a gun at his parents on Friday evening after they insisted he do his chores instead of looking up a Bible verse for a friend.

A detective testified in Muscogee Juvenile Court on Monday that the 15-year-old felt finding the right Bible verse for his female friend who wanted to be ‘saved’ was more important than completing the list of chores his parents insisted he do on Thursday, the Ledger-Enquirer reported.

The 15-year-old’s anger grew until Friday night when he went to his parent’s nightstand and took out a .9-mm pistol.

When his parents got home from work, police say the teenager fired shots at his parents, shooting his mother through the right wrist where the bullet lodged in her right abdomen, according to the Ledger-Enquirer. His father was hit in the right hip.

The teenager will remain in the Youth Detention Center without bond until a formal hearing it set. He is charged with two counts each of aggravated assault and possessing a firearm while under the age of 18.

Read the full story on the Ledger-Enquirer website.

His parents had the temerity to think that doing his homework/finishing his chores was more important than equipping some girl to go god-bothering people.

I'm jus waiting for the outpouring of support for this little twit.

I bet this fundie brigade will show more support for this kid than for the people of Boston and those affected by the bombing.

What part of "Honor Thy Father and Mother" did he not understand?

Seriously, I was just saying this earlier on another unrelated thread. Why do so many Christians blatantly disregard the commandments?

I thought shooting your farther was in the bible but mistranslated? :cray-cray:

I wish the article said what, if any,religeon this kid was brought up in....

well saving means only a few versions of Christianity. Sure not a catholic.

How long does it take to look up a bible verse?

"Yes mum, I'll do it almost immediately - I just need to spend two minutes on Google and BibleGateway to help my friend"

Or possibly even

"Okay mum; now I've done all that can I spend two minutes on the computer before I go to bed?"

How long does it take to look up a bible verse?

"Yes mum, I'll do it almost immediately - I just need to spend two minutes on Google and BibleGateway to help my friend"

Or possibly even

"Okay mum; now I've done all that can I spend two minutes on the computer before I go to bed?"

That's what I was thinking. And besides, most parents don't expect chores to be done *immediately* unless there's a specific reason for it (eg. Set the table now because we're about to have dinner). This suggests that either his parents are controlling to the point of rivalling Erika Shupe, or he was seriously procrastinating.

The article also suggests that the verse in question is one about salvation. Most Christians have got that one memorised: "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believed in Him should not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16. See? I'm an atheist and I typed that without looking ;)

I thought shooting your farther was in the bible but mistranslated? :cray-cray:

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

That's what I was thinking. And besides, most parents don't expect chores to be done *immediately* unless there's a specific reason for it (eg. Set the table now because we're about to have dinner). This suggests that either his parents are controlling to the point of rivalling Erika Shupe, or he was seriously procrastinating.

The article also suggests that the verse in question is one about salvation. Most Christians have got that one memorised: "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believed in Him should not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16. See? I'm an atheist and I typed that without looking ;)

Sounds more to me like he farted around so long that his parents got fed up and told him to get moving.

Archived