IGNORED

Scott Brown is a Tool too

love2scrap

ncfic.org/blog/posts/families-as-armies1

Browns2012.jpg

The book of Numbers begins with heads of households reciting their geneaologies and the number of fighting men twenty years old and above. These families were posted in various positions around the tabernacle and performed particular services to the Lord. Each family had significant strength of numbers. For example, the sons of Reuben were 46,500, while Simeon had 59,300. Judah had the most fighting men at 74,600, while Manasseh had the least, at 32,200. Here are some observations:

1. They have an intimate understanding of the status of their families and were able to recite their genealogies in detail. Do you know anyone who can do that today? Most people cannot go back beyond the name of their grandfather.

2. They have an awareness of the numerical strength of their families, because the numerical strength of their families mattered to them.

3. The strength of these families is staggering.

4. The families worked together in the service of the Lord.

5. There was a division of labor according to families as families specialized in particular tasks.

6. Several times, these families are called armies.

Here are some implications:

First, a statement: If you want to perform more service to the Lord, have lots of children.

Second, a question: Is your whole family mobilized for the service of the Lord as they were in Numbers?

Third, a proposition: Our modern day idea of birth control influences the numerical strength of the church.

Fourth, another question: Are the families in your church organized together into a division of labor which places particular families performing particular duties?

In other news, PB's ears are ginormously ginormous in this picture..

For example, the sons of Reuben were 46,500, while Simeon had 59,300. Judah had the most fighting men at 74,600, while Manasseh had the least, at 32,200.

Looks like Scott has some catching up to do! Pretty cool how each brother had exact multiples of 100 sons.

The numerical strength mattered because people died from warfare and disease at a much greater rate than we do today. The Browns are not in a country where they face the risks of daily dying from invading bandits or armies nor do they have to worry much about kids dying in childhood.

In other other news, Deborah sure has plumped up! :pink-shock: I used to admire her for having stayed trim into her late forties/early fifties, since so many of us don't. So much overeating has to do with unaddressed emotions. That's all I'm saying.

As much as SB and PB make my skin crawl, I do have to say that this is the happiest photo of Kelly that I've seen in a while. I do worry about her sometimes.

As much as SB and PB make my skin crawl, I do have to say that this is the happiest photo of Kelly that I've seen in a while. I do worry about her sometimes.

I was about to comment on Kelly looking happy, also. Maybe it was being all her family that made her happy. I can't imagine being so cheerful or energetic looking having been on the hormonal roller coaster of pregnancy and birth for 6(?) years in a row.

Ok, maybe I'm just reading the quote incorrectly, but it seems like what it's actually trying to say is to have more SONS. There's no mention of counting daughters into the family "army", nor does it touch on women's role in anything beyond being someone else' wife. I know that most fundie families don't have preference for boys over girls, but it seems like they are advocating a system where girls would be severely undervalued.

Ok, maybe I'm just reading the quote incorrectly, but it seems like what it's actually trying to say is to have more SONS. There's no mention of counting daughters into the family "army", nor does it touch on women's role in anything beyond being someone else' wife. I know that most fundie families don't have preference for boys over girls, but it seems like they are advocating a system where girls would be severely undervalued.

Girls are already under valued in their bubble. Their only value is their womb....and sweeping skills.

Looks like Scott has some catching up to do! Pretty cool how each brother had exact multiples of 100 sons.

Doesn't this sound like some kind of camp fire story, where they were pulling numbers out of their ass, (Ie, lots and lots)

SO, how soon are these guys going to move to the multiple wives scenario, because if even michelle duggar can only have 19 or 20 kids in her natural fertility span, that really limits these guys.

I'm curious as to how this relates to him, since all his kids are adopted. Does the Bible include adoptees as part of each individual army?

I agree that Kelly looks really good in this picture. She looked so depressed in some of the previous pictures. Hopefully she's getting a break from childbearing. Deborah, IMHO, looks like she's wearing a tent.

How old is the youngest daughter? I expect they'll be marrying her off soon.

I wonder if Scamaritan Ministries would pay for surgery to pin Sippy Cups ears back? I knew kids who had it done when they were little. Ugh.

:shrug:

How old is the youngest daughter? I expect they'll be marrying her off soon.

Probably something like 17-18? Claudia is so, so pretty I'm surprised she isn't anyone's doormat helpmeet yet - we all know how Scott likes to marry his kids off at young age. She would have been a perfect match (age wise) for manchild Taylor, but he could not wait any longer for his dose of sweet fellowship.

Peter... I SO do want to grab your ears and bang your head against the nearest table as hard as I can :angry-banghead:

Archived