IGNORED

Elizabeth Smart on GMA about Celina Cass

luckylibrarian

she is very new, but that only goes away with experience. I, personally, think she doesn't look too excited to be there. She looks off. I agree what she had to say was very interesting.

This is what you get when you don't hire someone who has actually studied to be a journalist.

I hate the way we reward "celebrity" in this country rather than education, hard work and skill.

She always seems "off" to me. I don't think that's going to change.

I always get that impression too. I guess that's what childhood kidnap, rape and imprisonment will do to a person :( I also always suspect that Elizabeth's motivation for getting involved in cases like this is because of her own horrific experience, but that news agencies want her on their shows for a completely different reason - so everyone can gawk at the living survivor of abuse we can only imagine, like some macabre fascination.

And in googling this poor girl's name I just discovered her corpse has been found. Goddamn this thread has ruined my night. This world is sometimes unspeakably cruel.

I always get that impression too. I guess that's what childhood kidnap, rape and imprisonment will do to a person :( I also always suspect that Elizabeth's motivation for getting involved in cases like this is because of her own horrific experience, but that news agencies want her on their shows for a completely different reason - so everyone can gawk at the living survivor of abuse we can only imagine, like some macabre fascination.

And in googling this poor girl's name I just discovered her corpse has been found. Goddamn this thread has ruined my night. This world is sometimes unspeakably cruel.

I do just feel like she's being exploited a bit. I think it's a combination of that and that it appears that she hasn't really had therapy for such an extremely protracted, traumatic exerience (I don't know for sure, but I have tried to find some mention somewherof her getting therapy and could not - nbeyond her family, at least).

I am sick about this child as well. I just don't understand how people get so twisted. My deepest sympathies to her poor family.

Archived