IGNORED

Religious Leaders Protest Republicans

debrand

In the United States it seems that those to the far right have defined what it means to be religious. One of the reasons why I like this video is because it shows a different side of religion. We have so many crazy fundies on this site, that I thought that it might be nice to show religious people who actually do care about the poor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/2 ... 12337.html

Capitol Hill police arrested 11 people -- many of them members of the clergy -- protesting the Republican House budget-cutting plan, a police spokeswoman said

Common Cause spokeswoman Mary Boyle said they were trying to make a simple point.

"They were trying to send the message to Congress that the budget cannot be balanced on the backs of the poor, the middle class, or the neediest in society," Boyle said.

As one of the most powerful Catholics in Congress, you are now faced with a monumental choice. You can heed to the consistent moral calls from Catholics who have urged lawmakers to decrease our debt fairly and protect the most vulnerable or you can heed to growing political pressure from Tea Party Republicans," the letter read.

I changed the name of the thread because I wanted the title to better reflect the subject.

Well done religious leaders! How very loving and supportive of all people they showed themselves to be. And that got them arrested. Way to go, Capitol Hill police. Not.

Thanks for the link - it is nice to be reminded that there are many moderate religious people out there. The link was also great because of an article I saw on the side bar. The article is about a new tv show about mean Christian women or "Chritches". Here's the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathleen- ... 12752.html. Finally have the perfect label for Kelly from GC.

Archived