IGNORED

Breivik, Quiverfull agree - it's feminists' fault

Witsec1

Jeff Sharlett on Democracy Now points out the parallels between Norway shooter's manifesto and Quiverfull philosophy.

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/27/n ... xenophobia

The part about feminism and parallels between quiverfull and Breivik's thinking begins at 20:00.

He also points out that the 15,000 page document shows a development from "cultural Christian" to more fervent belief and addresses the "no true christian" fallacy.

I have to watch this after my dental work today but this struck me from the short article that comes with the video.

What struck me most about this document is just how American it is in every way. I mean, a huge amount of it is from American sources," Sharlet says. "He’s a great admirer of America, because he says United States, unlike Europe, has maintained its 'Christian identity.'"

I think that the transcript follows the video interview on the page. Its fascinating reading for anyone who doesn't want to watch the video. Breviak sounds a little like The Thinking Housewife, which is troubling

What is scary is that the killer is not saying anything that different from what the extreme right fundies have been saying.

Throughout his manifesto, Breivik blames the feminist revolution for Europe’s downfall. He says he even tried to measure the relative decadence of each European country by determining how willing women were in each country to have one-night stands. In one part of Breivik’s manifesto, he writes, "Fact: 60-70% of all cultural Marxists/multiculturalists are women. This partly explains why the gradual feminist revolution is directly linked to the implementation of multiculturalist doctrines. These feminist cultural Marxists do not only want more benefits and rights for themselves. They want it all, and have more or less been awarded with everything they could ever dream of achieving. They now have complete matriarchal supremacy domestically and exercise substantial influence in politics."

He also writes, "Females have a significantly higher proportion of erotic capital than males due to biological differences (men have significantly more prevalent sexual urges than females and are thus easily manipulated)."

It’s really—I mean, this has been one of the things that hasn’t been commented on enough: how central his critique of feminism is to the whole manifesto. You know, you get into long sections where he’s really picking up all these sort of talking points of the American Christian right. And he goes a little further. He goes as far as sort of the far edges of the American Christian right, saying that women should not pursue advanced degrees. And he really gets into this kind of—this sort of breeding frenzy, described by my friend Kathryn Joyce in her book, Quiverfull, which is a great source on this, this American Christian right movement that sees Christian women as somehow—and American and European women—as somehow not doing their job by having enough babies to compete with the Muslims. And, you know, as crazy as that seems—as, you know, I’ve written in another book—there’s plenty of U.S. congressmen who endorse this idea. He reproduces a long article by an American named Phillip Longman on this idea of restoring the patriarchy, that this is what’s necessary to fight Islam.

And, of course, it gets into, as with so many of these kinds of texts, this constant sort of description of women’s sexual morality. He says you can measure the weakness of Western countries’ ability to fight Islam, as you said, by counting one-night stands, which he claims to have done with his group of buddies by traveling around Europe and seeing, you know, how many people they could sleep with. So there’s, I mean, this sort of very—that sounds crazy, but then you start looking at the sources he has. And right from the very beginning, he’s constantly returning to this idea that feminism, that women’s rights, are at the heart of the kind of sort of fifth column attack on Western strength in response to Islam.

What's even more scary is that there is a connection to American right wing blogs. He even quoted some American blogs.

I wonder if he ever commented on The Thinking Housewife?

Is there an English translation of his manifesto?

He says you can measure the weakness of Western countries’ ability to fight Islam, as you said, by counting one-night stands, which he claims to have done with his group of buddies by traveling around Europe and seeing, you know, how many people they could sleep with.

Way to sacrifice yourself for the Christian cause, boys!!!! :lol:

He says you can measure the weakness of Western countries’ ability to fight Islam, as you said, by counting one-night stands, which he claims to have done with his group of buddies by traveling around Europe and seeing, you know, how many people they could sleep with.

Way to sacrifice yourself for the Christian cause, boys!!!! :lol:

Yeah - it's interesting to note how little capacity Breivik had for self-government. He wanted area government to regulate the shit out of everyone else's life in the name of ideological purity while he, hypocrite that he is, goes around humping every leg he sees.

He is such a sterling example of "Christian" ethics, that child-killing bigot.

If I were someone on the Christian Right, I'd take a long look at myself in the mirror and ask myself if I really want to be associated with the ideals of a child killer.

Archived