IGNORED

Is it just me, or is this the stiffest hug ever?

EllieCee

I was looking through the God's Daughter blog, and I came across this post:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-my-parents-have-taught-me.html

If you scroll down, there's a picture at the end of the post of her parents. Is it just me, or does the hug look insanely stiff? She looks uncomfortable, and it's as if he feels a bit hesitant to hold her.

The mom is holding her arms as though she really doesn't want to touch him. I wonder what is up with that picture. Their smiles seem real but they don't appear to like having body contact. LOL

I read this and was surprised that it took the mom five times to realize that the hamster and the little girl should not be in the room together. My oldest son was like this. Spanking was not effective, so we stopped spanking. He was a high energy child with problems with ADHD. I had to learn different ways to discipline him. In the situation with the hamster, I would have removed the animal.

Anyway, I remember one day, I thought it would be super fun to give that poor little hamster a bath, by squeezing the water bottle onto him. So I did. And Mama caught me and kinda freaked out, after seeing the partially soaked hamster. ‘Don’t do that, Raquel,’ she told me sternly, while closing the hamster cage back up. And what did I do? As soon as she left the room, I took the lid off the cage and started squirting that poor animal again. When Mama caught me (again), she said, ‘I already told you not to do that.’ And out came the discipline stick. :D Well, that little incident happened about five times in a row…and by the end of the third time, my Mama was crying. Crying because she didn’t want to hurt me, but I didn’t seem to understand why I was being punished. I was a stubborn little brat, and I wasn’t gonna let my brilliant idea go!

That is only one example of what a brat I was. I can assure you there are many more (and not just pertaining to soaking hamsters). I was a…what I guess you could call…a wayward child. I wanted to have things my way, and if anybody else put in their two cents’ worth, well…that just wasn’t gonna happen.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved my parents! But I sometimes thought of why they wouldn’t let me do certain things. There were COUNTLESS times that Dad or Mama had to put their foot down, and I would just go to my bed and pout like a brat. (That is one thing that I can’t STAND in children today…and I used to do it :P)

If my adult son wrote that I would feel like a failure as a parent. I don't want my son to believe that he was a brat. He had ADHD but beyond his inability to focus and his activity level, he was actually a very sweet child.

I read this and was surprised that it took the mom five times to realize that the hamster and the little girl should not be in the room together. My oldest son was like this. Spanking was not effective, so we stopped spanking. He was a high energy child with problems with ADHD. I had to learn different ways to discipline him. In the situation with the hamster, I would have removed the animal.

If my adult son wrote that I would feel like a failure as a parent. I don't want my son to believe that he was a brat. He had ADHD but beyond his inability to focus and his activity level, he was actually a very sweet child.

So it never occurred to "mama" to explain to her child WHY it's not a good idea to give the hamster a bath?

I think this is the one who says, "fictionals". I kind of love her. She's dumb as a post though. You had to be hit four or five times before you stopped spraying the hamster?

This is demented:

‘I didn’t want to break your spirit – because you’re very strong-willed. But I was worried that we wouldn’t bend it enough to profit you in something good, or that we would break it and make you hate us.’

I remember stopping, and my eyes gathered tears, while I thought of how much pain my parents had gone through, worrying about that.

Mama continued… ‘But after you became a Christian, God really showed us that your strong-will could be used for His glory. And it has.’

Their smiles look like they're on their mouths only. I don't see it in their eyes. I guess a hug for one's spouse is bad?

Maybe the mom was mad at the dad at the time or something?

I think they are cute. Too bad they don't look happy to be hugging, ha.

I was looking through the God's Daughter blog, and I came across this post:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-my-parents-have-taught-me.html

If you scroll down, there's a picture at the end of the post of her parents. Is it just me, or does the hug look insanely stiff? She looks uncomfortable, and it's as if he feels a bit hesitant to hold her.

Actually it looks quite sweet to me. Like Raquel had an idea for a pose and her very patient folks went along with it.

The header for the blog concerns me. It looks like an ad for herself. But then I don't look at many virchemous young maydens' blogs, so it may be quite typical.

Well that was a post about crappy parenting. If your child is not mature enough to responsibly care for a pet, you move the poor thing. You don't just leave it there at the mercy of a child who might kill it. That is not rocket science. Her mother sucked.

slightly off topic, but my gaydar was PINGED by this cutie

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/ ... hua-p.html

especially enjoyed the picture of him and his "good friend foster"...

all i have to say is - Joshua and Foster, run for your lives. If you come to NY you can get married when you are old enough and live happily ever after. Please don't marry a poor SAHD who'll spend the rest of her life wondering why she can't please you. C'mon- do the right thing and come out of the closet.

random question- where is she meeting all these guys to interview? holy hell, she's such a little skank, talking to unrelated boys!!11!!

all i have to say is - Joshua and Foster, run for your lives. If you come to NY you can get married when you are old enough and live happily ever after. Please don't marry a poor SAHD who'll spend the rest of her life wondering why she can't please you. C'mon- do the right thing and come out of the closet.

HAHAHA. I came across that post too, and I couldn't help but think the same thing.

Um...this response from gaydar pinging man got me :

"17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie?

If I wanted a tomboyish wife…I could just be gay…it would be easier. Hahaha

Most defiantly a girlie girl; one who lets me open her door, loves twirling in a dress (P.S. I am fine with pants too) and loves being a lady."

He would just be gay? WTF? Are these people actually that dumb that they think being gay is honestly a choice? Now, I would give my left leg if I found out this guy is actually straight...but seriously. What a fucked up thing to say. And even more fucked up that she posted that and found it funny. I officially hate her.

Wow, that one guy has a HUGE nose.

But yeah, they did kind of ping my gaydar as well.

I don't know anything about God's Daughter or her parents, but either they were caught at a bad time, or simply hate posing for the camera.

Um...this response from gaydar pinging man got me :

"17) Do guys like it when girls are tomboyish or more girlie?

If I wanted a tomboyish wife…I could just be gay…it would be easier. Hahaha

Most defiantly a girlie girl; one who lets me open her door, loves twirling in a dress (P.S. I am fine with pants too) and loves being a lady."

He would just be gay? WTF? Are these people actually that dumb that they think being gay is honestly a choice? Now, I would give my left leg if I found out this guy is actually straight...but seriously. What a fucked up thing to say. And even more fucked up that she posted that and found it funny. I officially hate her.

By that rationale, he could just as easily marry an effeminate man.

Archived