IGNORED

Michelle's nail job

gustava

Several FJers have commented on the possibility that in the photo of Michelle's hand with the fetal Jubilee Shalom, M's nails appear to have a salon finish to them. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... eving.html

If so (and I'm not doubting it), when did she have the time? Miscarries late one night; goes to hospital and is apparently released the next day. Does M go to the nail salon while Jubilee goes to the funeral home, and then they rendezvous at the mortuary for the photos?? Does NILMDTS go to mortuaries?

I know other people have commented that NILMDTS retouches their stillbirth photos to look "prettier". Maybe they felt the need to do the same with Michelle's hand (though I don't know why).

It's also possible that Michelle gets manicures occasionally for special appearances and had gotten one in preparation for another jaunt on the today show, 700 club or whatever.

Or that's not really Michelle's hand at all and they're just making shit up again. I'm most inclined to believe the last one.

Wasn't there an episode of her going to the nail salon with all the girls? and she couldn't have the foot massage but everyone else did and everyone got their nails done? I THINK it was Joyannas birthday? it was one of the girls' first time to a salon. This leads me to believe she has them done regularly.

I'm inclined to believe that she is going to spin french tips=still born babies. Birth control killed poor little J-Caleb, so there will soon be a ban on all things salon. I kid, I don't really think she would have taken a picture with Jubilee, I don't think she actually cares *that* much.

I think the most likely scenario is that they brought the salon to them. Just like TLC does hair and makeup... lets bring someone in to do her nails. They did look freshly done imo but I don't think they did a great job the pinky nails looks longer to me. Thats just my thoughts. I really cant understand why the baby's hand looks so well formed well what i mean is I thought at that age the thumb was seperate but the fingers are usually a bit webbed..

Or that's not really Michelle's hand at all and they're just making shit up again.

This. I just assumed it was a stock photo.

They look like her normal nails to me, just from the under-side they appear to be longer than from the top. I mean, if I hold my own hand at the same angle as hers, I can see the under side of my non-manicured but sort of filed nails, and they may appear to be longer than they really are. Plus, her index finger nail is a slightly different length than the others, which indicates to me that it's not a professional manicure job.

They look like her normal nails to me, just from the under-side they appear to be longer than from the top. I mean, if I hold my own hand at the same angle as hers, I can see the under side of my non-manicured but sort of filed nails, and they may appear to be longer than they really are. Plus, her index finger nail is a slightly different length than the others, which indicates to me that it's not a professional manicure job.

I haven't looked at the photo recently but I thought you could see a line where real meets fake and glue. At least that is what I thought but I never have my nails done like that as I can't due to allergies. So what the heck do I know? :?

eta Look at her pinky nail and you will see what looks like fake nails.

I think they might really be her nails. It wouldn't be that hard for her to grow nails, it isn't like she's doing any kind of work that could break them, is she? No dish washing, laundry, wrestling a bottle of bleach away from a thirsty toddler, gardening or yard work...

She doesn't have to lift a hand, all day long, every day-that's what the J'Slaves are for!

Lets see THEIR nails!

Or that's not really Michelle's hand at all and they're just making shit up again. I'm most inclined to believe the last one.

+1 I'm betting the fetus was too rough looking to release the real photos to the public. You just know they would've take a face picture of Jubilee's wonderfully happy countenance and published it for the whole world to see, had it been physically possible.

I do believe pictures were taken, though, and that the fetus was passed around to the whole family at the private memorial service. *shudder*

Not sure about the nails but I have to say every time I see that photo (has been on RadarOnline sidebar) I think it's a picture of boobs before I look at it closely...

Derailing slightly, but from that article;

Michelle Duggar, who suffered a miscarriage early on in her marriage, said in her audio message to baby Jubilee that she will proudly tell people that she has 21 children in all -- 19 on Earth, and two more in heaven.

I didn't actually listen to the message, but I read a transcript- I thought she didn't mention baby Caleb at all in her letter to Jubilee?

I didn't actually listen to the message, but I read a transcript- I thought she didn't mention baby Caleb at all in her letter to Jubilee?

Originally she didn't, but after a lot of people on the evil internets commented on this fact, there was a quick revision of the letter/recording to include Caleb.

I think those are her real nails. The other pictures show them better and they look fairly short and thin.

I also think that really is her hand, and those really are Jubilee's hands and feet. I've seen a fair amount of fetuses and they all look just like that. A quick google search will show the same. Granted, I'm irritable today, but I don't get the disbelief over that (or that fact that the fetus was intact).

The two pictures with the fetus feet and the fetus hand have different hands in them. The one with the feet doesn't have the manicure, and it doesn't look like Jim Bob's manly man hand. At least one of those pictures is not actually theirs.

The two pictures with the fetus feet and the fetus hand have different hands in them. The one with the feet doesn't have the manicure, and it doesn't look like Jim Bob's manly man hand. At least one of those pictures is not actually theirs.

Maybe its one of the J'slaves? or JD's? or Joshiepoo's?

I'm inclined to believe that she is going to spin french tips=still born babies. Birth control killed poor little J-Caleb, so there will soon be a ban on all things salon. I kid, I don't really think she would have taken a picture with Jubilee, I don't think she actually cares *that* much.

vanity is the sin in the camp.

i wonder how many precious babies jim boob killed with his aquanet?

I'm siding with the skeptics among us. I don't know that either the hands or the feet pic is Jujubee. Isn't fetal skin gelatinous and transparent until about 22 weeks, maybe even 24 weeks? Would the skin of a miscarried fetus look so damn normal? I also think I've seen the feet pic before in some anti-choice propaganda.

Not sure about the feet pic, since I don't have it pulled up on my screen at the moment, but the hand pic looks real to me. Jubilee's hand looks pretty translucent and shiny; I imagine that was softened quite a bit, and no doubt accounts for a lot of the reasoning behind the black and white image. The skin does tend to look rather "raw" at that stage, in most cases, although it's possible for it to have been pale and not as livid in appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the older girls had given Michelle a manicure while she rested, waiting to go into labor; it's the kind of thing a lot of girls would do to pamper an ailing mother.

Maybe its one of the J'slaves? or JD's? or Joshiepoo's?

I call 'bullshit' on the feet pic. I tell you I have seen that pic before. And Jubilee's hand doesn't look necrosed like the feet do. Also, they labeled the hand pic as 'M holding J's hand', but not the feet pic.

In one picture she has longer nails, in the other one, her nails are short and natural looking. I wonder.

I noticed a while ago that she sems to have longer nails on her left hand esp on her index finger. Don;t know the reeason for it but I think it was in the Josie in the Hospital episodes.

Archived