IGNORED

Sticking together - Duggars and Masturbation

homeschoolmomma1

Okay so this topic is for ADULTS only- in fact I hope it doesn't get me kicked off.

It is actually my husband and I thinking this.

So we all know that the Duggar family 'seems' close. However, my husband and I were wondering if that really is so. Just for example- let's face it boys/guys/men (whatever you prefer) masturbate and while we are at it girls and woman do too.

My question is... do the older boys (not Josh... yuck!) tell each other what they are doing as a sin or is it something they help hide (I am not saying theh ABUSE each other- never would I think that) But I'm sorry as Christian as the family is and how horny Jim Bob and Michelle are you know that the kids should know about self pleasure. I wonder if they tattle about such things?

I guess I wonder if the older girls and boys have dirty little secrets (at least in the eyes of their christian parents) that only they know about.

I mean there are a few older than 18 in the family.

I apologize if this was out of line.

I just get this feeling like there are things in this family we will never know. I always pray that it is not true that Josh abuse his sisters and it was just something going around

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their whole lives and lifestyle is made so it is very hard if not impossible to wack off. no separate bedrooms cameras in the bedrooms set amount of times in the bathroom and so forth. other fundies have no doors that have locks and they can only be alone for a few minutes and such.

their whole lives and lifestyle is made so it is very hard if not impossible to wack off. no separate bedrooms cameras in the bedrooms set amount of times in the bathroom and so forth. other fundies have no doors that have locks and they can only be alone for a few minutes and such.

Are you serious? thats not very nice to a 20 year old

Oh yeah, just check out the kids' bedrooms. A shared dorm room would offer more privacy than the mega dorms that the Duggars stack their kids in.

Okay so this topic is for ADULTS only- in fact I hope it doesn't get me kicked off.

Well, this topic isn't for adults only in my house and it certainly doesn't even begin to get you "kicked off". :D That's not the deal at FJ, so relax :D

Do you think it could be an "unspoken" rule between the older ones that they all agree to ignore any odd night-time noises and they encourage the little ones to do the same?

Do you think it could be an "unspoken" rule between the older ones that they all agree to ignore any odd night-time noises and they encourage the little ones to do the same?

that's what I'm trying to get at

I just figured that's what they use the prayer closet for.

Well, this topic isn't for adults only in my house and it certainly doesn't even begin to get you "kicked off". :D That's not the deal at FJ, so relax :D

I agree. Masturbation isn't a dirty little secret or anything to be ashamed of.

But I actually don't think the kids masturbate. I think that's one of the reasons fundy kids are okay with getting married so early- it's the only way they have to deal with their natural urges without being told they're sinning.

I am sure that it is a sin for them as well. I remember when I was a teen and a very devout Roman Catholic, I went to confession every week because that sin. :shock: It took me years to get over that kind of nonsense. The hardcore rightwing Catholic nutcases still believe that craziness.

I agree. Masturbation isn't a dirty little secret or anything to be ashamed of.

I'm sure some will find this offensive, but I would go as far as to suggest that it's appropriate to suggest masterbation as a way of dealing with their budding sexuality and those accompanying frustrations.

We always told our boys that it was natural and it was just somthing that is a private matter, just as other aspects of sexuality. And oh, yeah, the AustinDude told them, "Don't leave a mess for your mother!" :D

haha- my husband just said this topic might get too hot and heavy for the Duggars- he is a goofball :)

Our family treated masturbation was like taking a #2. Something everyone knew everyone else did, but it was in horrible taste to reference it at all. I mean, at ALL.

Austin - This, exactly, was the rule in our household when I was growing up, and will be the rule in my household when my children are old enough for it to be an issue.

As far as ignoring noises, slightly TMI, but it is possible to masturbate very quietly (obviously without toys, which I'm assuming probably aren't laying around at the Duggar compound) - I unfortunately had to develop the skill while downrange.

I agree with Austin. As for the Duggars, perhaps this was the first "Sin in the Camp"? Did Smuggar give a peice of his heart away to Rosie Palmer and her five sisters? I guess we'll never know.

For women at least, it's not that hard to do it quietly with other people in the room. I mean, most college students have room mates and I don't believe for a minute that they give up masturbating. I cut back a lot, but still did it with my room mate sleeping in the same room. It's a little harder for boys because of the clean-up, but they can probably sneak off the bathroom before others wake up. And whichever girl is in charge of laundry might enjoy sitting on top of the dryer.

I think that the fact that they designed the house so it would be impossible for their kids to whack off is hella creepy.

I'm sure some will find this offensive, but I would go as far as to suggest that it's appropriate to suggest masterbation as a way of dealing with their budding sexuality and those accompanying frustrations.

We always told our boys that it was natural and it was just somthing that is a private matter, just as other aspects of sexuality. And oh, yeah, the AustinDude told them, "Don't leave a mess for your mother!" :D

We tell our kids that is an activity to be enjoyed when you are by yourself in the bathroom or bedroom but never in the family room or at the dinner table. :snooty:

The shower would be the ideal place for such activities, I think. It's private (I hope the older Duggars are allowed to shower alone!), and the running water covers any sounds and washes away "evidence."

Would the boys not have at least the occasional wet dream, leaving evidence in the clothes washed by the j'slaves?

Guest Anonymous

The Catholic church never managed to stop masturbation so I doubt fundie guilt would either. I imagine the kids, especially the older boys, make good use of whatever alone time they get (bathroom/shower time, I'd guess).

Has anyone ever addressed what kind of, um, biological education these kids get - surely they're not just going to hand a book/dvd to each kid on their wedding night. Hopefully they've at least had the "talk" from their same-sex parent by the time they're 12/13.

ooh, good point, darkplumaged.

Wasn't there a recent reference on the show to the boys and their long showers? Seriously, I don't think I'm making that one up!

The shower would be the ideal place for such activities, I think. It's private (I hope the older Duggars are allowed to shower alone!), and the running water covers any sounds and washes away "evidence."

This, at least that's what several people I know of who were raised in families that were weird about it did.

It's also why some of the extremely prudish/nutsy ones time their kid's showers. This is common in some of the "youth homes" and camps, but I seem to remember at least one family blogger mentioning that everyone had x minutes to take their showers.

Razing Ruth said in her family they had shower buddies that sat on the toilet and talked to you while you were in there to prevent whacking off. :shock:

Archived