IGNORED

Duggars' Christmas Gifts

uncreative

Just out of curiosity...do you think Jim Bob and Michelle buy all their kids' presents themselves? Or do the have the big buddies buy for their little buddies?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I remember them doing the latter during the first year of their show. They went to a thrift store for gifts for their buddies.

I think that year the Duggars bought all the kids new bikes or something for Christmas and the kids all exchanged homemade gifts amongst themselves. One of the girls sewed her sisters new dresses with matching bloomers or something very Little House on the Prarie. I bet the bikes were given at a huge discount in exchange for TV time and probably purchased with money from TLC. I see the Duggars doing a "family gift" where they take the kids somewhere or get everyone the same thing. Like this year everyone gets new socks!

Just thinking of having to buy for that many makes my head hurt. I only have 5 and every year I wind up near crying from not knowing what to give them. 19? I would need a padded room with a sports coat that fastens up the back. :snooty:

Could some of the presents for the kids be gifts from their fans?

That is a possibility. The Duggars said in an interview a couple of years back, that people were sending them stuff for their kids, but it was mostly clothes.

Just thinking of having to buy for that many makes my head hurt. I only have 5 and every year I wind up near crying from not knowing what to give them. 19? I would need a padded room with a sports coat that fastens up the back. :snooty:

Just as a tip... Amazon wish lists. When the kids tell me about some awesome thing that they want, I add it to their wish list. It helps me remember and also, when relatives ask me what to get them for birthdays or holidays, there is a public site to refer them to. We have a huge family flung out over numerous states and now we all do it. All you have to do is click "Buy" and it is sent to the recipient! The exact item, in the correct color and size. It's great for adults too because adults usually have a certain book they want to read or whatever.

Just as a tip... Amazon wish lists. When the kids tell me about some awesome thing that they want, I add it to their wish list. It helps me remember and also, when relatives ask me what to get them for birthdays or holidays, there is a public site to refer them to. We have a huge family flung out over numerous states and now we all do it. All you have to do is click "Buy" and it is sent to the recipient! The exact item, in the correct color and size. It's great for adults too because adults usually have a certain book they want to read or whatever.

Thank you, I never thought of that. :D

Now to remember that trick for next year. :?

One thing that I noticed is that I have never seen any of the Duggar kids playing with things like Lincoln Logs, Leggos or even blocks for the little ones.

One thing that I noticed is that I have never seen any of the Duggar kids playing with things like Lincoln Logs, Leggos or even blocks for the little ones.

If you let them be creative, that's one step closer to free thought, homosexuality, atheism, and horses eating each other. If they want to build something, they can make a sandwich for Dimbob.

In their defense, I cannot imagine the trials of keeping different block sets together for all the different kids. My kids are lego fiends and we have had brawls over whom a tiny green block belonged to. Someone gave my kids a huge box of legos that their son outgrew a week ago (like a huge box, thousands of legos) and there are immense turf wars already. My kids will shank you over legos, especially if it is the final piece that someone needs to make the Warthog for the little lego Master Chief.

It could be an attention span issue as well. And in fairness to the kids, I'm not sure I could concentrate on building my own little log cabin in that uncontrolled chaos.

I have an idea - how about BEDS for the little kids !!!!! Unfortunately JB and the uterus aren't that smart and/or thoughtful.

HAHAH They are so classy... The price tag is still on this one:

IMG_1082.JPG

Please tell that isn't for one of the howllers but maybe Jennifer or Jordyn.

Please tell that isn't for one of the howllers but maybe Jennifer or Jordyn.

It appears to be a Melissa and Doug Deluxe Band Set:

•Features 17 well-crafted musical instruments that will encourage little ones to explore a variety of sounds and rhythms.

Hmmm...17 instruments. One for everyone from John David on down. Merry Christmas from Daddy Boob, kids!

Archived